The Best Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Driving schools in Baltimore County MD bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are those driver's ed instructors who have exceeded the minimum Maryland regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for results and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for driver's ed in Baltimore County MD, including driving instruction and behind-the-wheel training.
Updated September 02, 2020
The Best Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Maryland requires driving schools in Baltimore County MD to be licensed by the Maryland MVA (Motor Vehicle Administration). One such license allows the driving school to instruct only those who already have a license. A different license is necessary to offer the Driver Education Program for first time drivers (also known as the 30/6 program) and it requires a high school degree, a minimum of three years of driving experience, a valid driver's license with no more than four points against it.
But the state license for driving schools is no guarantee that any particular behind-the-wheel driving school or driver's ed instructor in Baltimore County MD is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying students.
This makes it all the more significant that all schools for behind the wheel driving lessons in Baltimore County MD who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction with their driving instruction, good complaint record, verified state license, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
The Need for Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD
Driving schools in Baltimore County are important because driving is legally considered a privilege, is a skill, and is inherently dangerous. With proper driving instructors, human error can be reduced. There are some good driving schools in Baltimore County MD that can give driving lessons in Baltimore County MD as well as instruct on additional driving safety techniques and driving skills.
The Best Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD Raise Driving Safety Awareness
Teen driving school, driving instruction, driving lessons, driver's ed-no matter what you call it, we are all better for having been through it. Whether you need to brush up after being a passenger for a long time or you've got a teen that is ready for the ultimate symbol of independence, driving schools in Baltimore County MD offer a wide variety of services.
To prepare for a learner's permit or driver's license test, there are two stages to the driving lessons. The MVD-licensed driving instructors provide classroom instruction to familiarize you with the rules of driving and the road, licensing and registration protocol, and accident causes and prevention. Following instruction, students might be shown an example of the MVD test to gauge what the student has learned.
Behind-the-wheel Driver Training in Baltimore County MD
Many driving instructors will pick you up at your location for behind-the-wheel driving lessons in Baltimore County MD. The driving instructors teach the student about driving awareness, defensive driving skills, and the principles of inertia and momentum. The student driver learns about vision and motor coordination, maintaining space, changing lanes, smooth operation of the controls, judging their speed, and safe merging techniques.
The driving instructors in Baltimore County give thorough tutorials on parking as well, including parallel parking, diagonal parking, and perpendicular parking. After a thorough understanding of the basics is established, student drivers might get to apply these new skills in different settings around Baltimore County, such as urban driving, country driving, and freeway driving. When student drivers display sufficient skill, the driving instructors can even simulate an MVD driving test.
Alternately, if you only need your driving skills refreshed after an absence behind the wheel, driving schools in Baltimore County offer practice tests for "brush-ups"-a great way to be certain of your skill level before heading to the MVD.
Some driving schools in Baltimore County MD might accommodate student drivers with physical or cognitive disabilities as well. And don't be nervous - the best driving instructors at driving schools in Baltimore County MD are extremely patient.
Some Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these driving driving instructors and driving schools in Baltimore County MD: . Other driving schools in Baltimore County MD that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD
Ask these questions of driving schools in Baltimore County MD regarding their experience, methods, and success rate:
• How long have they been giving driving lessons in Baltimore County MD specifically?
• Will the driving instructor pick you up at your particular residence or will you have to meet them somewhere?
• Approximately how many other students like you do they teach each month, example, first time teen driver versus adult driving lessons?
• Will the driving school give you customer names and numbers you can call as references? (All driving instructors in Baltimore County MD bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they do behind-the-wheel driving lessons only, or do they also provide classroom driving instruction?
• If they do only behind-the-wheel drivers training, do they provide some kind of discount or special arrangement for you with a third party for the written driving exam instruction?
• What is the pass/fail rate of the driving school?
• How long has the specific driving instructor you will be learning from been giving driving lessons?
• Can the driving school prove that all the driving instructor sent to you is legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All driving schools in Baltimore County MD bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will your driving lessons be in a modern car, and what is the make, model, and year?
• Are there any special safety measures to the car used for the driving lessons, such as a passenger-side brake?
• Will the driving school show you proof of insurance for your protection? have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All driving schools in Baltimore County MD bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the driving school allow you as a parent to ride along for your teen's driving lesson if you choose?
• How long is each driving lesson and how many will there be?
• What is the cancellation and rescheduling policy at the driving school?
When you've chosen the best driving school in Baltimore County MD for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the Maryland MVA since that is required by law. (All driving schools in Baltimore County MD bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license for driving instructors verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD
The following is a list of associations, regulatory agencies, and publications related to driving school and driver's ed in Baltimore County MD:
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations Related To Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD
AAA American Automobile Association www.aaa.com
AAA Mid-Atlantic www.midatlantic.aaa.com
ADED Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists www.driver-ed.org
ADTSEA American Driver & Traffic Safety Education Association www.adtsea.iup.edu/nssp
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CVTA Commercial Vehicle Training Association www.cvta.org
DIA Driving Instructors Association www.driving.org
DSAA Driving School Association of the Americas www.thedsaa.org
MAPTDA Mid-Atlantic Professional Truck Drivers Association www.maptda.com
Maryland Motor Truck Association www.mmtanet.com
Maryland Drivers Alliance www.mddriversalliance.org
MSBCA Maryland School Bus Contractors Association www.mdschoolbus.org
NIDB National Institute for Driver Behavior www.nidb.org
NDTI National Driver Training Institute www.usdrivertraining.com
NHTSA National Highway Traffic Safety Administration www.nhtsa.dot.gov
NSC National Safety Council www.nsc.org
PLAN Provisional License Action Network www.teensanddriving.org
MVA Maryland Vehicle Administration www.mva.maryland.gov
DEAM Driver's Education Association of Maryland www.godeam.com
Media Relevant to Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD
Car and Driver
Inside Driving Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Driving Schools in Baltimore County MD within the following zip codes:
21139, 21225-2, 21212, 21290, 21162, 21231, 21111, 21218, 21205, 21244, 21136, 21224, 21211, 21287, 21161, 21230, 21094, 21217, 21204, 21239, 21133, 21223, 21210, 21286, 21156, 21229, 21093, 21216, 21203, 21237, 21131, 21222, 21209, 21284, 21155, 21228, 21087, 21215, 21202, 21236, 21128, 21221, 21208, 21282, 21153, 21227, 21082, 21214, 21201, 21235, 21120, 21220, 21207, 21252, 21152, 21226-2, 21213, 21163-2, 21234, 21117, 21219, 21206, 21251, 21071, 21057, 21013, 21053, 21031, 21030, 21023, 21022 and 21020
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Driver's Ed Instructors in Baltimore County MD within the following cities:
Arbutus, Baltimore Highlands, Bowleys Quarters, Carney, Catonsville, Cockeysville, Dundalk, Edgemere, Essex, Garrison, Hampton, Kingsville, Lansdowne, Lochearn, Lutherville, Mays Chapel, Middle River, Milford Mill, Overlea, Owings Mills, Parkville, Perry Hall, Pikesville, Randallstown, Reisterstown, Rosedale, Rossville, Timonium, Towson, White Marsh, Woodlawn, Monkton, Sparks and Baltimore