Find Good Elevator Companies in Brevard County FL That Are Proven Safe To Hire
Commercial elevator companies and residential elevator contractors in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are those local elevator companies that have exceeded the minimum Florida regulatory standard.
They have been proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance, hire only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as elevator companies in Brevard County FL, including for new elevator installation, in-home elevators, elevator remodeling services, elevator cab modernization services, elevator repair, elevator inspection services, elevator maintenance, installation and repair of escalators, and more.
Updated November 21, 2018
Find Good Elevator Companies in Brevard County FL That Are Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Florida requires elevator contractors in Brevard County FL to be licensed by the Florida Bureau of Elevator Safety as elevator contractors (Certified Elevator Technician), Registered Elevator Companies, or Certified Elevator Inspectors, which requires a minimum amount of experience and passing an exam.
But the state license for elevator contractors is no guarantee that any particular elevator company in Brevard County FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for elevator repair and installation in Brevard County FL that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been shown by our research staff to have passed all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, including survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified liability and workers comp insurance, hiring only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Most local elevator companies in Brevard County FL provide routine elevator maintenance services such as regular elevator inspection, check and replace lubrication and hydraulic oils, replace broken elevator buttons and indicator lights, and repair or replace elevator wiring and worn parts. These elevator companies may also provide elevator repair services, including emergency elevator repairs. Some Brevard County elevator contractors also install new elevators, which can include in-home elevators as well as those in commercial buildings, industrial buildings, medical facilities and hospitals, and other locations.
Some good elevator contractors in Brevard County FL will also perform elevator remodels of existing elevators and can provide options of finishes and materials for the interior, such as laminate, stainless steel, brass and more. Other elevator companies also specialize in preservation, repair or retrofits of historical elevators, such as those with ornate wood interiors or originally manually operated elevators in older and historic buildings. Still others can do elevator modernization for slow running elevators, elevators missing modern safety features, those experiencing frequent break-downs, and overly warm or noisy elevators. These elevator companies may also provide emergency phones and elevator camera systems. Beware, however, that you're getting the equipment and materials you want. Some elevator service companies have been known to install proprietary equipment that prevents other elevator companies from working on it in the future.
Trust Some Elevator Services in Brevard County FL More Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for elevators in Brevard County FL: . Other local elevator companies in Brevard County FL that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Local Elevator Companies & Elevator Repair Services in Brevard County FL
Choosing which elevator contractor in Brevard County FL or elevator service company to hire? It's important to ask the right questions about each company's experience, range of services, credentials, and manufacturer relationships. The following sample questions can help:
• How long has the elevator company been servicing Brevard County FL?
• How many other clients do the elevator contractors currently have?
• Can the Brevard County elevator company give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All elevator contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had client references called by researchers.)
• How much experience does the elevator company have making, installing, repairing, or remodeling elevators of your exact type? For example, elevators for the home and vintage elevators might require different expertise, as can freight elevators versus passenger elevators.
• Will the local elevator services be using or installing proprietary equipment that locks out other elevator companies and limits your future choices for service and maintenance?
• Regarding elevator maintenance services, do the Brevard County elevator companies require a contract? If so, for how long?
• Do the local elevator repair companies provide 24/7 emergency service?
• How will the elevator companies determine pricing for repairs, maintenance, emergency calls, and other services?
• Does the Brevard County elevator contractor you're considering have a relationship with one manufacturer that they service, install, and recommend to clients? Or do they offer you choices among multiple manufacturers?
• What warranties and guarantees does the elevator contractor offer? Are these separate from manufacturer warranties? And will they put any guarantees or warranties in writing?
• Can the local elevator contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All elevator companies in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to hire only documented workers.)
• Does the elevator contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All elevator contractors in Brevard County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have had proof of insurance verified by our research staff.)
• What process will the elevator contractors undertake to do a thorough assessment of the property or of the existing elevator so they can prepare an accurate bid?
• Will the Brevard County elevator companies be performing all the work themselves, or will they be subcontracting any part of it out?
• If the elevator contractor subcontracts work, will they provide you with proof of that other company's license and insurance? If not, you should request it or ask for the other company's contact information so you can verify coverage yourself.
• If the work is for an in-home elevator (residential elevator), will you have access to your home during the project?
• Will the elevator be usable during the maintenance or repair work? If not, how long will the work take or is it possible for the company to provide services during off hours so your business isn't impacted?
When you've chosen the best elevator company in Brevard County for your specific needs, ensure they are licensed by the state of Florida, since that's required by law. (All elevator companies in Brevard County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Commercial and Residential Elevator Services in Brevard County FL
Trade Associations Relevant to Elevator Companies in Brevard County FL
NEII (National Elevator Industry Inc)
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers International)
EAF (Elevator Association of Florida)
EESF (Elevator & Escalator Safety Foundation)
FEIA (Florida Elevator Inspectors Association)
IAEC (International Association of Elevator Consultants)
NAESAI (National Association Elevator Safety Authorities International)
NAEC (National Association of Elevator Contractors)
NAVTP (National Association of Vertical Transportation Professionals)
NIBS (National Institute of Building Sciences)
Publications Relevent to Elevator Companies in Brevard County FL
Elevator Radio Show
Elevator Industry Jobsite Safety
If you are hiring an elevator company for repairs, routine maintenance, new elevator installation, custom elevator services, or other work, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten local Elevator Contractors in Brevard County FL within the following zip codes:
32780, 32904, 32912, 32931, 32949, 32958, 32775, 32903, 32911, 32927, 32941, 32956, 32902, 32910, 32926, 32940, 32955, 32901, 32909, 32925, 32937, 32954, 32815, 32908, 32924, 32936, 32953, 32796, 32907, 32923, 32935, 32952, 32783, 32906, 32922, 32934, 32951, 32976, 32781, 32905, 32920, 32932, 32950, 32959 and 32754
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information about the Top Ten Elevator Service Companies in Brevard County FL within the following cities:
Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Cocoa West, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, June Park, Malabar, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Merritt Island, Micco, Mims, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Patrick AFB, Port St. John, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Sharpes, South Patrick Shores, Titusville, Viera East, Viera West, West Melbourne and Melbourne Shores