The Best Sign Companies in Brevard County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Sign makers and sign contractors in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for safety and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as sign contractors in Brevard County FL, including custom sign makers for new sign fabrication, as sign erectors, or sign repair and maintenance, and including sandblasted signs, subdivision signs, neon signs, electric signs, vehicle wraps, vehicle graphics, vinyl banners, vehicle lettering, and more.
Updated December 10, 2016
The Best Sign Companies in Brevard County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Florida doesn't require any state license of sign contractors in Brevard County FL, so there is no state standard for competency and safety, with the exception of electric sign contractors who do require a state license. Likewise, there is no legal requirement that they have worker's comp insurance or liability insurance and both are critical to you. If an employee of theirs were injured on your property and the sign company doesn't have workers' comp, you will be held liable. Similarly if any accidental damage occurs to your property and the sign company doesn't have liability insurance, you will be on the hook for it.
So there's no guarantee that any particular sign company in Brevard County FL is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all sign companies in Brevard County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff, and have had to pass all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state license (for electrical sign contractors), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
In addition to being sign designers and sign installers, sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Most sign makers in Brevard County FL do not need a state license either because they are sign makers only leaving the intallation to others, or they make and install items that don't require a licensed contractor such as vehicle lettering, vehicle wraps, vehicle graphics, vinyl banners, real estate signs, trade show signs and trade shows displays, window graphics, magnetic signs, gold leaf window letter and more.
The best sign companies in Brevard County FL will make the time to find out your intended results and advise you on sign options you might not have been aware of for everything from vinyl banners and vehicle wraps to building signs, yard signs, magnetic signs, tradeshow signs for tradeshow displays, real estate signs, church signs, vehicle graphics and car wraps, business signs, coroplast signs, decals, interior signs, glass etched signs, sandblasted subdivision signs and more. Those with experience will know what has worked for previous customers seeking to accomplish the same thing you are, and this advice can save you money and/or boost your results significantly.
Some sign companies in Brevard County FL are also dealers of trophies, plaques and do the engraving for those, and other promotional items including silk screened shirts. Most also print name badges, name plates, color badges, indentification badges, and more.
Some Sign Companies in Brevard County FL Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for signs in Brevard County FL: CSI Sign Co Titusville FL, Art-Kraft Sign Co Palm Bay FL, Sign Man Inc Melbourne FL, Sign Depot Brevard Co Inc Indian Harbor Beach FL, Colossal Signs Melbourne FL, Sign Access Melbourne FL, Kendal Signs Rockledge FL, Priority 1 Signs . Other companies repairing, fabricating, or erecting signs in Brevard County FL who might still be in business include: Kendal Signs Melbourne FL.
Questions To Ask Installers Or Makers of Signs in Brevard County FL
When choosing which sign maker or sign installer to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials:.
Questions For Makers of Signs in Brevard County FL:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Will the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their work and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same kind as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as neon signs versus pole signs, electrical signs versus monument signs, pylon signs versus channel letter signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose in quality or durability? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Brevard County or landlords may require welded sign letters.
Questions For Installers of Signs in Brevard County FL:
• Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Brevard County? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Brevard County? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Brevard County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Brevard County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Brevard County usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Brevard County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a Florida state license if they are doing an electrical signs for you. (All sign companies in Brevard County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license for electric signs verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Types of Signs in Brevard County FL
Examples of Types of Signs:
Pylon Signs / Pole Signs: Freestanding signs supported by posts or a single pylon that allow the sign to reach a height that can be seen at great distance. Sometimes also referred to as highway signs or roadside signs.
Monument Signs: Freestanding signs close to the ground, usually as a single rectangular block of substantial width, sometimes on a pedestal. Monument signs are often made of stone, brick, or metal.
Neon Signs: A glass tube that has been bent into a series of letters or an image, which is filled with neon gas which glows when charged with an electric current. The glass tubes of neon signs are still largely shaped by hand by neon glass tube artists.
Bench Signs: Signs for public seating such as on bus stop benches or park benches.
Cabinet Signs: Signs designed as a box, often for the purpose of housing lights behind the front face to illuminate it. Lights are most often fluorescent tubes or LEDs
Channel Letter Signs: Signs with three dimensional letters, often hollow for the placement of lighting inside that makes the letters glow.
Reverse Channel Letter Signs are those with the lighting placed behind the letters to create a halo effect. Channel Letter Signs can also be non-illuminated.
Dimensional Letters: Letters that are taller than the surface of the sign to create dimension, sometimes using flat cutout letters made of plastic or metal.
Engraved Signs: The letters are carved out of the surface of the sign, or alternatively, the surface is cut away from the letters leaving them raised from the surface.
Projecting Signs: Building-mounted signs that stick out perpendicular to the face of the building so that it can be read by people approaching the address from the street, often double-faced signs so that they can be read from either direction.
Sandblasted Signs: Signs most often made of wood, or HDU (high density urethane) which can even be given a simulated wood grain. The text or image to be displayed is laid on the base material, and then all the base material around it is blasted away by sand, leaving the text or image as a raised relief.
Sidewalk Signs / Sandwich Signs: A kind of portable sign often made as a folding/unfolding A-frame that can stand independently and be easily moved.
Resources About Signage in Brevard County FL
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Brevard County FL:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
Florida Sign Association
SSSA (Southern States Sign Association)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
WSA (World Sign Associates)
The following are publications relevant to signage in Brevard County FL
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Brevard County FL within the following zip codes:
32932, 32950, 32959, 32781, 32905, 32920, 32931, 32949, 32958, 32780, 32904, 32912, 32927, 32941, 32956, 32775, 32903, 32911, 32926, 32940, 32955, 32902, 32910, 32925, 32937, 32954, 32901, 32909, 32924, 32936, 32953, 32815, 32908, 32935, 32952, 32796, 32907, 32923, 32934, 32951, 32976, 32783, 32906, 32922 and 32754
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Brevard County FL within the following cities:
Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, Cocoa West, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, June Park, Malabar, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Merritt Island, Micco, Mims, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Patrick AFB, Port St. John, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Sharpes, South Patrick Shores, Titusville, Viera East, Viera West, West Melbourne and Melbourne Shores