The Best Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Tile contractors in Broward County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the tile setters proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only documented workers, and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as tile installers or for tile repair in Broward County FL, including ceramic tile, glass tile, and more.
Updated November 04, 2016
The Best Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Florida doesn't require any state license of tile contractors in Broward County FL so there's no state test for competency among tilers, leaving it up to each county or city to decide if they want to enforce some standard, or not.
But even in the case of a county license for tile setters, there's no guarantee that any particular tile contractor in Broward County FL is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for new tile in Broward County FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Some Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Are More Experienced Than Others
The modern era has seen the manufacture of a shortcut product called backerboard intended for do-it-yourselfers and not professional tile contractors, yet is used by some of the cheapest tile contractors that leads to inferior tile setting and customers not getting their money's worth.
Experienced tile contractors do tile setting as a craft, as well as knowing the different adhesives to use based on the type of tile, how to best prepare the surface to be tiled to avoid tile failure, how to waterproof tile the right way, how to lay tile without overly big grout lines, that there are different types of grout that are best based on the particulars of each job, and how to plan the tiling before starting so that it looks balanced based on where it starts and ends, as well as around protruding obstacles.
Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Perform Numerous Services
The best tile contractors in Broward County FL offer color consultation, design assessments, mosaic design, and appropriate tile grading, which they determine after observing your living style and area traffic. They calculate all installation details and obtain all materials. But after the initial consultation, capability as tile setters hinges on their area of expertise.
Some tile contractors in Broward County FL have experience as custom tile installers for residential or larger commercial and institutional tiling jobs. Some are willing to remodel existing tile work or do tile repair in Broward County, but other tile contractors restrict themselves to new, non-custom tiling. Tile contractors in Broward County can do the finishing work for those projects too, such as tile re-grouting, caulking, tile waterproofing, and tile sealing. Certain good tile contractors in Broward County FL can even bring aging tiles back to life with crack repair, tile resetting and tile restoration.
And most installers of new tile in Broward County FL aren't limited to tiling for shower stalls. They can often do tile setting that includes decorative borders, tile backsplashes, tile walls, and tile floors.
Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Offer Many Parts and Materials
If you want something more than standard ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles, some tile contractors in Broward County have new tile showrooms you can visit to see a selection of new tile. Those tile showrooms often contain imported or domestic tiles in an array of colors, so don't feel limited to the standards. Some tile contractors in Broward County FL are known to work with glass tiles, marble tiles, granite tiles, terracotta tiles and travertine, limestone or slate tiles. In some cases, these specialty materials are fabricated by local artisans.
For outdoor settings, such as mosaics or tile patios, tile installers can use the nontraditional new tile of your choice such as exotic new tiles like metal tiles, glass tiles and blocks, or even onyx. The best tile contractors in Broward County FL can work with nearly any material you desire, so don't feel restricted when making your choices.
Some Tile Contractors in Broward County FL Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these tile contractors in Broward County FL: . Other tile contractors in Broward County FL that might still be in business include: .
Ask These Questions of Tile Contractors in Broward County FL
When it comes to tile contractors in Broward County FL, ask these questions about the experience, methods, and abilities:
• How long have the tile contractors been in business?
• How many tile jobs have they completed in Broward County FL? (More jobs in your specific area shows greater familiarity with local climate characteristics that effect tile such as humidity.)
• Can they prove experience in the exact same kind of tile material or project nature that you have in mind?
• Will the tile contractor give you names and numbers of past customers who had the same kind of cabinets done who you can call as references? (All tile installers in Broward County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long will it take to finish the project once it is begun?
• If you are living or working at the site while the tiling is being done, what preparations will they do to minimize dust or other mess? Similarly, do they clean up at the end of each day and what does that entail?
• Will they provide a detailed, written estimate that is completely itemized, including the amount of material being quoted both with tile but also the type and amount of grout, the type and amount of waterproofing, including product brand names and item numbers? (This is important because cheap tile contractors in Broward County often only seem cheap because they are using lower quality material that will cost you more in repairs and premature replacement.)
• Do they see an obvious change you could make to your specifications that would significantly lower the cost of the estimate, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Similarly, do they see a big gain in performance or visual appeal that can be gained for just a little bit more money?
• Does the tile contractor have a showroom where you can see different samples of materials and finishes? If not, will the cabinet contractor accompany you to a tile showroom to do that, or bring multiple samples to your home?
• Does the cabinet installer give a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty. If so, what does it cover and for what time period?
• Will the cabinet companies and cabinet builders provide a written contract based on the itemized estimate?
• Can the tile contractor vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All tile contractors in Broward County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All tile contractors in Broward County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Does the tile contractor use only their own employees for the tile setting, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
When you've chosen the best tile contractors in Broward County FL for you, make sure they are actively licensed as contractors by your county or city if such is required by law, since Florida doesn't require any state license of tile setters. (All tile contractors in Broward County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had a mandatory county or city license verified, if required by law, by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Tile Contractors in Broward County FL
Licensing & Trade Associations for Tile in Broward County FL
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CTIOA Ceramic Tile Institute of America www.ctioa.org
CTSA Ceramic Tile & Stone Association www.tile-stoneassn.org
HTA Handmade Tile Association www.handmadetileassociation.org
NTCA National Tile Contractors Association www.tile-assn.com
NTMA National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association www.ntma.com
TCAA Tile Contractors Association of America www.tcaainc.org
Media & Web Resources About Tile in Broward County FL
Tile Magazine www.tile-magazine.com
Tile Dealer Magazine https://issuu.com/tiledealer
Contemporary Stone & Tile Design - Stone World Magazine www.stoneworld.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tile Contractors in Broward County FL within the following zip codes:
34990, 33304, 33312, 33320, 33328, 33339, 33443, 33302, 33311, 33319, 33327, 33337, 33442, 33301, 33310, 33318, 33326, 33335, 33441, 33309, 33317, 33325, 33334, 33394, 33308, 33316, 33324, 33332, 33388, 33307, 33315, 33323, 33331, 33355, 33306, 33314, 33322, 33330, 33351, 33305, 33313, 33321, 33329, 33345, 33020, 33028, 33066, 33077, 33019, 33027, 33065, 33076, 33009, 33026, 33064, 33074, 33008, 33025, 33063, 33073, 33093, 33004, 33024, 33062, 33071, 33084, 33023, 33061, 33069, 33083, 33022, 33060, 33068, 33082, 33021, 33029, 33067 and 33081
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tile in Broward County FL within the following cities:
Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Coral Springs, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, Lauderdale Lakes, Lexington, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, West Park, Weston, Wilton Manors and North Andrews Gardens