The Best Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Deck contractors in Burlington County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the deck builders proven by our independent research to have met the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new decks in Burlington County NJ or deck repair, including composite decks, custom decks, Trex decks, redwood decks, and more.
Updated October 09, 2019
The Best Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New Jersey requires only that deck contractors in Burlington County NJ be registered with the state in order to build residential decks. Not even that mere state registration is required of commercial deck contractors for deck building projects such as decks on office buildings and restaurant decks. So there is no state-enforced standard for competency among local deck companies.
That means that there is no guarantee that any particular contractor for decks in Burlington County NJ is competent, doing business honestly, delivering value, or satisfying their customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all deck builders in Burlington County NJ who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state registration, worker's comp and liability insurance, hiring only employees legal to work in the U.S., sufficient time in business, best business practices, and more.
Hire the Best Deck Builders and Deck Contractors in Burlington County
With nice weather comes the drive to move things outdoors. But who wants to spend time reclined in the wet grass, dodging anthills and sinkholes, when you can comfortably lounge on a clean, level new deck?
Adding a new deck can beautify your yard, increase the resale value of your home, and make your yard and home more livable. Although there's the option of undertaking this kind of deck building project yourself, it's difficult work. With short-sighted planning or inadequate materials, you could cause your home to lose value. That's why it's advisable to choose good deck contractors or deck builders in Burlington County NJ.
Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Perform Numerous Services
If you want your new deck built well, professional decking contractors in Burlington County have the specific skills to select the right lumber or composite material for construction of custom decks, stairs, porches, screen porches, railings, docks, and even gazebos.
Aside from basic assembly, deck contractors can sand, seal, stain, paint and waterproof new decks. Many of them also perform deck refinishing in Burlington County NJ, which is deck restoration and deck repair to make old decks look like new. They are capable of stain and mildew removal, pressure washing, high-heat cleaning, dry rot removal, nail setting, deck wood brightening, and the application of new protective coatings.
As specialists, good deck contractors in Burlington County NJ have a more refined understanding of deck designs and the materials involved in deck building, so they are more likely to offer sound design advice and provide successful installation of new outdoor decks.
Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Use Many Popular Decking Materials
Different deck contractors might specialize in different deck materials, such as wood decks versus composite decks or vinyl decks.
Wood decks in Burlington County NJ, as well as porches, gazebos and other similar outdoor structures, can be installed in a variety of lumber types such as Brazilian teak, Brazilian cherry wood, redwood, mahogany, Western red cedar, Southern yellow pine, Siberian Larch, treated fir, and treated pine. Local deck contractors may also be able to obtain exotic materials, such as cumaru, ipe, jarrah, jatoba, purple heart, haiari, janka, cambera, goiabao, macaranduba, tauari, marupa and mangaris.
The best deck contractors in Burlington County NJ who can build a new wood deck use only high-grade wood, which is better than decking materials sold at big box hardware stores, which is often used by seemingly cheap deck contractors.
They will usually also have a strong track record in carpentry skills. Wood decks usually have a lower purchase price than a comparable deck with man-made materials, such as composite or vinyl, but have more ongoing maintenance needs. However, proponents of wood decks consider that a strength, since wood decks can be made to look brand new again by refinishing, while man-made materials that scratch or fade cannot be made to look new again.
Composite decks built by decking companies in Burlington County NJ are new decks made from a mixture of plastic with wood fiber. Many composite decking options are made to simulate the look of hardwood in appearance and can come premanufatured in many different colors.
Composite decking is often chosen by homeowners who seek to have lower maintenance costs compared to traditional wood decking, since composite decking doesn't require the staining, sanding, sealing and refinishing involved with traditional wood decks. It is also more resistant to rot and insects than wood decking.
But uncapped composite decking still contains exposed wood fibers within its surface, so it can be susceptible to mold growth. Capped composite decking is sealed, making it easier to clean should mildew appear. A good composite deck contractor should be able to demonstrate experience specifically in composite decks and/or certification from manufacturers. This is because installation techniques can be different from traditional wood decks, such as requiring wood joists underneath to be closer together. Some of the most popular brands of composite decking in Burlington County NJ are Trex Decks, Azek, TimberTech, Fiberon, EverGrain, and MoistureShield.
Vinyl decks in Burlington County NJ are those with an outer coating of vinyl for durability to the elements and easier cleaning, while the inside can be either traditional wood or composite material.
Aluminum decks in Burlington County NJ will usually cost more than most wood decks, but that is offset by the lower ongoing cost that comes from less necessary maintenance and potentially longer lifespan of an aluminum deck versus a wood deck.
Some Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Are Much Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for new decks in Burlington County NJ: .
Questions To Ask Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ
When it comes to building new decks in Burlington County NJ, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the local deck construction companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have the deck contractors been building decks in Burlington County NJ specifically? (Different regions have unique soil conditions and weather that will effect choices in construction method, material, and deck finishes. The length of experience building decks in your location shows your deck contractor's familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many new deck installations have the Burlington County decking contractors done similar to yours in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood decks versus synthetic composite decks, etc.?
• Can the local deck companies give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All deck contractors in Burlington County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff.)
• Will the deck companies provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of decking material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (This is key because cheap deck contractors in Burlington County NJ often only seem cheaper because they are using thinner lumber, less material, or inferior quality material compared to others; cheaper materials will not last as long as quality materials and may require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take the deck construction services to complete the new deck construction or deck repairs?
• Are there any manufacturer warranties on the new decking materials to be used? What are the details of those warranties?
• Do the Burlington County deck companies provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will the deck builders check the local zoning ordinances to make sure the new deck conforms to code?
• Will permits be needed for deck construction services? If so, will the local deck contractors be responsible for getting them, or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the deck building company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All deck contractors in Burlington County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How do the deck building companies in Burlington County determine pricing?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All local deck companies in Burlington County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have had proof of insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Do the deck contractors use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors to install new decks and perform deck repairs? If so, what are the names of those companies? You will want to verify that those companies are licensed, insured, and can't take out a lien against your property in the case that the hiring contractor doesn't live up to their end of the agreement with the deck subcontractors.
When you've chosen the best deck contractors in Burlington County for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the state of New Jersey, since that is required to install residential decks. Commercial-setting decks installers need no such state registration. (All deck contractors in Burlington County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have had their state registration verified by our research staff.)
Good Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ Work With the Best Decking Brands
Different brands of decking materials are known to be longer-lasting or higher quality than others. The best deck builders in Burlington County NJ take this into consideration when drawing up deck plans for building your new deck. The following list contains some of the brands used by deck contractors in Burlington County NJ:
Trex, Evergrain, JER Envirotech, EON, Veranda, EZ Deck, Pultonix, Infinity, LP Weatherbest, Deckmaster Fasteners, GeoDeck, EverNew, Oasis Decking, Timbertech, Eco Decking Tiles, Certainteed, Choicedek, Nexwood, Epoch composite material decking, and Vixen Hill products.
Resources About New Deck Builders in Burlington County NJ
Associations Relevant to Deck Builders and Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ
AITC American Institute of Timber Construction www.aitc-glulam.org
APA EWA American Engineered Wood Association www.apawood.org
AWC American Wood Council www.awc.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CRA California Redwood Association www.calredwood.org
DIA Deck Industry Association www.deckindustry.org
NADRA North American Deck and Railing Association www.nadra.org
WRCLA Western Red Cedar Lumber Association www.wrcla.org
WWPA Western Wood Products Association www.wwpa.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Deck Builders in Burlington County NJ
Backyard Living Magazine
Deck Contractor Magazine
Garden, Deck, and Landscape Magazine
Professional Deck Builder Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Deck Contractors in Burlington County NJ within the following zip codes:
8505, 8640, 8562, 8554, 8518, 8515, 8511, 8641, 8048, 8060, 8010, 8088, 8046, 8057, 8077, 8041, 8055, 8075, 8036, 8054, 8073, 8022, 8053, 8068, 8016, 8052, 8065 and 8015
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Decks Builders in Burlington County NJ within the following cities:
Browns Mills, Fort Dix, Marlton, Moorestown-Lenola, Palmyra, Ramblewood, Bordentown, Burlington, Chesterfield, Cinnaminson, Delran, Eastampton, Edgewater Park, Evesham, Florence, Hainesport, Lumberton, Mansfield, Maple Shade, Medford, Moorestown, Mount Holly, Mount Laurel, North Hanover, Pemberton, Riverside, Shamong, Southampton, Tabernacle, Westampton and Willingboro