The Best Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Fence contractors in DeKalb County GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the fence builders proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new fences in DeKalb County GA, including privacy fences, wood fences, chain link fences, deer fences, vinyl fences, custom fences, and fence repair.
Updated February 11, 2017
The Best Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Georgia doesn't require any state license of fence contractors in DeKalb County GA, so there is no state standard for competency and reliability among fence installers. Instead, the state leaves it up to each county or city to choose whether or not to have any regulatory oversight among fence companies.
So there is no guarantee that any particular company for new fences in DeKalb County GA is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying their customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for fences in DeKalb County GA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified county or city license (if required by law), good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA Perform Valueable Services
For issues beyond those of simple privacy, homeowners are forever delineating their property with new fencing. Maybe you dream of the simple serenity of a white picket fence. Maybe that last visit from the neighbor's generous dog was the last straw. Whatever your reasons, local fence contractors can help you. The installation of a good fence can be a large and difficult job, but the fence contractors in DeKalb County GA provide all parts, skills and labor while you sit back and watch.
Fence contractors in DeKalb County GA might work solely with specialized aspects of fencing, including using just certain materials or styles, but others can design and build for any situation, fashion or environment, from ranches to residential, commercial and industrial fences. Fence contractors can construct livestock fences, deer barriers, or vineyard fences, as well as cattle guards. Some do their own fabrication for ornamental iron, estate rail, tennis court enclosures, bocce ball courts, pool fences, metal beam guard railings, and sound walls.
When comparing fence contractors and their bids, one key area to watch is the material being quoted (amount, type, grade, thickness, treated versus non-treated, etc.) Another is how fence posts will be seated (how deep, how much concrete, treated posts versus non-treated, etc.) These are variables that effect price and the longevity of the fence. Fence posts seated in a cheap, shoddy manor means a fence that will soon be leaning. Untreated wood posts will rot in the ground. Both are ways that a bid can appear cheaper but will actually cost you more in the long run due to costly repairs or replacements that you could have avoided by choosing the better company to begin with.
Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA Work with a Variety of Building Materials
If you're seriously considering installing a fence, don't feel limited by chain link or whitewashed pine. There are a number of materials available to contractors that can enhance the appearance of your home or provide different levels of security. Take the various options into consideration as you mentally envision your ideal fence. If you have a more traditional preference for wood, cedar, redwood, or pressure treated fir, many fence contractors will have the skill to fabricate it for you.
If you prefer more contemporary fencing, some local fence contractors in DeKalb County GA can fix or install concrete, color vinyl coated materials, mesh, or stainless steel. For higher security, fence construction specialists work with non-climbing designs, ornamental iron, barbed wire, high tensile materials, wrought iron, bronze, aluminum, or hand forged iron.
Fence contractors can usually work with efficiency materials as well, including wire, environmentally friendly lumber, chain link, pipe, solid board, recycled fence boards, and PVC pipe.
Some Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA Are A Much Better Value than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for fences in DeKalb County GA: . Other fence contractors in DeKalb County GA that might still be in business include: All Star Fence Co Atlanta GA.
Questions To Ask Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA
When it comes to hiring good fence contractors in DeKalb County GA, first ask these questions about their experience, abilities, and promises:
• How many other fences like yours have they installed with regards to material, size, commercial versus residential, chain link versus vinyl fence versus wood fence, privacy fence versus deer barrier, custom fence design, etc.?
• How long have they been fence installers in DeKalb County GA specifically? (Different geographical regions have different climates and soil conditions that will affect choices about installation methods, finishes, materials, etc. The amount of experience as fence installers in your specific area indicates potential knowledge of these conditions and how to adjust for them.)
• Will they give you names and numbers of previous customers for whom they did the same kind of fence who you can call? (All fence contractors in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you their cost estimate in writing, itemized to include the amount of material you're getting, brand names and item numbers? (This is key because cheap fence companies in DeKalb County GA often only seem cheaper by quoting you less material, or lower quality material that will turn out to be more expensive for you later in extra maintenance, or earlier replacement or repairs.)
• Can they recommend a simple change you could make to the specifications that would significantly lower the cost, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Likewise, do they see a big gain in performance or appearance that you could get for just a little bit more money?
• How deep into the ground will they set the fence posts and with how much cement? (Doing substandard post setting is another way that a fence company can only seem cheaper than another by doing less work with less material.)
• In the case of wood fencing, is the wood treated to be weather resistant and how?
• If wood fence posts, does the fence company do anything in the install process to stop the posts from rotting in the ground?
• Are there manufacturer warranties on any of the materials to be used?
• Will they give you a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty? If so, what does it cover exactly and for how long after the fence installation?
• How long will it take them to complete the fencing once they begin?
• Do they have a showroom where you can look at samples of different finishes, styles, or materials? If not, will they bring you samples or go with you to a supply store to do this?
• Will they put in writing that the new fencing meets the local zoning ordinances and codes of your community?
• Will a permit be needed for the new fence? If so, who goes and gets the permits, you or the fence contractor?
• Can they vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legallay allowed to work in the U.S.? (All fence companies in DeKalb County GA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All fence contractors in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own permanent employees, or do they use subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those subcontracted companies so you can research them?
When you've decided on the best fence contractors in DeKalb County GA for you, make sure they are properly licensed if DeKalb County requires one. (All fence contractors in DeKalb County GA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their county of city license, if required by law, verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA
Associations & Licensing Relevant to New Fencing in DeKalb County GA
AFA American Fence Association www.americanfenceassociation.com
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.asaonline.com
ASIS American Society For Industrial Security www.asisonline.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CLFMI Chain Link Fence Manufacturers Institute www.chainlinkinfo.org
FMA Fabricators and Manufacturers Association www.fmanet.org
NOMMA National Ornamental and Miscellaneous Metals Association (www.nomma.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA
Access Control Magazine
World Fence News www.worldfencenews.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fence Contractors in DeKalb County GA within the following zip codes.
30366, 30360, 30341, 30340, 30338, 30021, 30037, 30085, 30002, 30036, 30084, 30035, 30083, 30034, 30079, 30033, 30074, 30032, 30072, 30088, 30031, 30058, 30087, 30030, 30038 and 30086
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fences in DeKalb County GA within the following cities.
Avondale Estates, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Clarkston, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, Lithonia, Pine Lake, Stone Mountain, Belvedere Park, Candler-McAfee, Druid Hills, Gresham Park, North Decatur, Briarcliff, Panthersville, Redan, Scottdale and Tucker