The Best Exterminators in DuPage County IL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Don't let bugs destroy your home and yard. Pest control companies in DuPage County IL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are those that have exceeded the minimum Illinois state regulatory requirement. They are the pest control services proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for ability and results, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for pest control in DuPage County IL, including mice, roaches, rodents, ants, rats, bed bugs, bee removal, bird control, and live trapping of nuisance animals and animal relocation.
Updated April 09, 2020
The Best Exterminators in DuPage County IL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Illinois requires that pest control companies in DuPage County IL be licensed by the Illinois Department of Agriculture for outside pest control services including mosquitos, or by the Department of Public Health for pest control inside buildings, referred to as structural pest control services, both of which require passing a competency exam.
But even the state license for outside or for structural pest control is no guarantee that any particular company for pest control in DuPage County IL is doing business honestly, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for pest control in DuPage County IL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Exterminators in DuPage County IL Perform Numerous Pest Control Services
Exterminators don't just get rid of bugs such as cockroaches, spiders and termites. They can also eradicate a number of annoying and potentially harmful vermin such as mice, rats and pigeons and other problem birds. In many cases, pest infestations pose certain health risks, so the total removal of the pest population is essential. Since most consumer-rated pest control products are not guaranteed to wipe out whole nests (and consumers aren't trained in proper application), pest control companies and exterminators are vital to pest problem remediation.
Some pest control services specialize in urban wildlife control, live trapping in DuPage County IL and nuisance animal relocation services for that problem critter. Control of nuisance animals can include raccoon removal, possum removal, skunk removal, and the control and removal of squirrels, gophers and woodchucks. Other pest control companies provide mole trapping and removal, bat control and bee removal involving bee nest relocation. Some of these companies also offer dead animal removal, animal damage repair and animal exclusion services to prevent unwanted wildlife from returning to your home or property. The various forms of treatment include moisture barriers, bird barriers, bat exclusions, sump pumps, electro-guns, microwaves, foams, heat treatments, and perimeter treatments. But if you're looking for more humane and environmentally friendly forms of pest abatement, several exterminators share your concerns.
Many pest control services are certified to service industrial, commercial, residential or food service environments with insect problems or moles and squirrels. They'll employ various forms of rodent control, including rodent seal out, rodent cleanup, rodent infestation proofing, rat control, mice control, baiting and trapping, and dead animal removal for commercial clients.
Good exterminators and pest control services often have an entomologist on staff and such expertise enables them to completely eradicate just about any creepy-crawly infestation you've been overrun with, including silverfish, fleas, ticks, moths, bees, cockroaches, spiders, ticks, wasps, crickets, drywood termites, earwigs, subterranean termites, pillbugs, carpet beetles, bed bugs, Argentine ants, carpenter ants, carpet beetles, sowbugs, and various pantry pests. Pest control experts can also eliminate or relocate bats, opossums, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, foxes, pigeons, snakes, and even scorpions.
Some pest control companies are licensed for pest control for outdoor vegetation. Plant life is vulnerable to pestilence such as bugs and rodents, and these pest control companies can manage folivorous parasites and pests with tree spraying, sudden oak death treatment, rose and ornamental spraying, poison oak control, tree injections, and deep root feedings. Additionally, some pest control companies offer more than pest eradication, such as escrow services, underfloor work, structural damage repairs, and wood control. Several pest control companies also offer 24 hour service, same day service, regular maintenance, and single application treatments.
IPM (Integrated Pest Management) in DuPage County IL
Some pest control services in DuPage County IL promote their expertise in IPM or Integrated Pest Management. IPM is intended as an environmentally sensitive approach to pest control that seeks to reduce the use of pesticides by looking for ways to take advantage of the life cycles of the pest species and their interaction with the environment. IPM places an emphasis on prevention methods first to avoid the threshold where treatment becomes necessary. But once pest eradication is required, methods that use changes to the environment, mechanical control such as trapping or weeding, or non-pesticide chemicals such as pheromones are preferred over pesticides. Only if further evaluation shows these methods are not sufficient is targeted spraying of pesticides used. Broadcast spraying of non-specific pesticides is considered a last resort.
Bee Removal in DuPage County IL
Some pest control companies will perform bee removal. Bees are technically not a pest species, but rather a beneficial insect that pollinates flowers and agricultural crops and they almost never sting except in defense against someone disturbing or attacking the bees nest directly. However, you may not want a bee nest in your yard. These bee removal companies are experts in removing bees by relocating them rather than killing them unnecessarily. This is different than exterminating wasps, yellow jackets, and hornets which are aggressive and likely to sting, unlike bees.
Some Exterminators and Pest Control Companies in DuPage County IL Are A Better Choice
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these exterminators in DuPage County IL: .
Other companies for pest control in DuPage County IL that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Exterminators in DuPage County IL
If you're hiring a local exterminator for pest control services in DuPage County IL, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering:
• How long have the pest control contractors been in business?
• If the company is part of a franchise, how long has that local owner specifically been in the industry as opposed to the national franchise?
• How long have the pest removal companies been providing extermination services or pest control in DuPage County IL specifically? (Different regions have unique soil conditions, weather and moisture issues that aeffect pest control methods. Their length of experience doing pest control in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many jobs do they do each month that are similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, outside versus inside pests, specific pest species to be removed such as termites versus ants, or bird control versus bee removal, etc.?
• Can the pest control company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of extermination or relocation done who you can call as references? (All pest control services in DuPage County IL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff.)
• What method and products will the pest removal experts use, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of their methods compared to that of other pest control services?
• How long should it take the local pest control services to eradicate the infestation?
• Will complete insect removal or rodent control require any return visits?
• In the event that the initial pest control service fails, are repeat treatments free?
• Do the DuPage County pest control companies provide a warranty for their services?
• Will you need to leave your home during the pest control procedures or avoid use of outdoor areas that have been treated and for how long?
• Will the company's initial estimate be detailed and in writing? Will they provide a written guarantee?
• Can the extermination company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All pest control companies in DuPage County IL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will the pest control contractors show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All pest control companies in DuPage County IL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best local pest control service in DuPage County IL for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the state for either outside or inside pest control since that's required by law. (All pest control companies in DuPage County IL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Exterminators & Pest Control in DuPage County IL
The following are media & publications, industry associations, and regulatory bodies related to pest control in DuPage County IL:
Associations & Licensing for Pest Control Services and Exterminators in DuPage County IL
AMCA American Mosquito Control Association www.mosquito.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org
EPA Environmental Protection Agency www.epa.gov
IPCA Illinois Pest Control Association www.ipcaonline.org
IMVCA Illinois Mosquito & Vector Control Association www.imvca.org
Illinois Department of Public Health www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/environmental-health-protection/structural-pest-control
Illinois Department of Agriculture www.agr.state.il.us/commercial-pesticide-applicator-operator-training-and-testing/
NPMA National Pest Management Association www.pestworld.org
Web & Media Resources Relevant to Insect Control, Exterminators, Pest Control in DuPage County IL
Pest Control Technology Magazine www.pctonline.com
Pest Control Magazine
Pest Management Professional www.mypmp.net
PCN Pest Control News pestcontrolnews.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Pest Control Contractors in DuPage County IL within the following zip codes:
60555, 60505, 60566, 60519, 60540, 60504, 60565, 60517, 60532, 60503, 60564, 60516, 60527, 60502, 60563, 60515, 60523, 60490, 60561, 60514, 60522, 60440, 60559, 60506, 60567, 60521, 60191, 60139, 60184, 60101, 60190, 60138, 60181, 60189, 60137, 60172, 60188, 60126, 60157, 60187, 60108, 60148, 60186, 60106, 60143, 60185 and 60103
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Exterminators in DuPage County IL within the following cities:
Aurora, Darien, Elmhurst, Naperville, Oakbrook Terrace, Warrenville, West Chicago, Wheaton, Wood Dale, Addison, Bartlett, Bensenville, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Downers Grove, Glendale Heights, Glen Ellyn, Hinsdale, Itasca, Lisle, Lombard, Oak Brook, Roselle, Villa Park, Wayne, Westmont, Willowbrook, Winfield and Woodridge