How To Find the Best Siding in Solano County CA
Contractors for new siding in Solano County are licensed to install siding including aluminum siding, wood siding, vinyl siding, and cement board siding in Fairfield CA. The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report lists the best siding contractors in Solano County and describes different types of new siding in Solano County.
Updated November 04, 2016
How To Find the Best Siding in Solano County CA
Installers of siding in Solano County are licensed by the State of California including with the specialty D41 license as a siding contractor for the installation of all types of exterior siding including wood siding, vinyl siding, fiber cement siding, aluminum or plastic coated aluminum siding and other metal siding to new or existing buildings. Similarly, those with a C-5 license for framing and rough carpentry may install wood siding in Solano County.
If the siding company has employees, they are legally required to have workers' compensation insurance to protect you the customer from being sued or having a claim against your property insurance in the event an injury occurs during work performed on your property. Siding contractors in Solano County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all siding companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 designation have general liability insurance coverage to reimburse you in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
New siding can improve the value of your home, its curb appeal, and possibly reduce your maintenance costs. Materials for home siding have included asbestos siding which is no longer used. Fiberglass siding and hardboard composite siding are two other types that used to be common but they have been mostly supplanted by more modern types like vinyl and fiber cement siding. Other options include aluminum and plastic coated aluminum, and wood siding. Each comes with its own consideration of price, ongoing maintenance costs, durability and climate considerations, and R-value where higher values indicate better thermal resistance which can affect heating or cooling bills.
Options include beveled wood siding, wood plank, and wood clapboard. These are the oldest types of siding and are known for the beauty they add to older and historic buildings. The cost for wood siding is moderate but it requires the most maintenance since wood siding needs a protective coating like stain or paint, and is subject to rot, splitting or warping, insects, and weathering.
Aluminum siding is also moderately priced, but has lower maintenance costs than wood siding since aluminum or plastic coated aluminum siding does not need to be painted and is not subject to rot or insects. It comes in styles including horizontal panels, vertical panels, and many different colors and textures including a wood shake or wood shingle imitation. Aluminum siding that comes prepainted may be more prone to fade, chalk, and create color runoff on the exterior wall. Vinyl coated aluminum siding can avoid those potential problems of prepainted finishes. Aluminum siding can be subject to denting. The best aluminum siding will come with a long time warranty.
Like aluminum siding, vinyl siding comes in many colors and styles including vertical panels or horizontal panels, and textures meant to mimic wood shake siding or wood shingle siding. In a cold climate, vinyl may become brittle enough to crack under an impact, and it can melt when exposed to extreme heat. The best siding contractors in Solano County will be able to install vinyl siding in the way necessary to prevent it from warping or buckling which it can do when not installed properly. The cost of vinyl siding is usually less than wood or aluminum and it is very low maintenance as the color is embedded in the vinyl so it never needs to be painted.
FIBER CEMENT SIDING / CEMENT BOARD SIDING
This is one of the newest materials for home siding in Solano County. The price to purchase and to install can be less than wood siding, higher than vinyl or aluminum, but the maintenance costs are very low as it's very durable and is not subject to denting, warping or buckling. It can get close in appearance to natural wood grain and the best cement board siding can be indistinguishable from the better aesthetics of wood siding. Like wood siding, fiber cement siding comes with trim and millwork pieces to provide design detail in a way that aluminum and vinyl siding does not, and also come in options that include wood shingle style and stucco panel styles. Fiber cement siding cuts and installs like wood siding, and comes primed for you to paint or comes pre-finished. It will require repainting eventually. While the product itself can be warrantied for up to 50 years, the baked-on finish may be guaranteed for only 15 years. Unlike wood siding, it is not vulnerable to rot or insects, is resistant to corrosion from salt spray near the ocean, and is considered fire resistant. The cut edges can absorb water however leading to cracks in colder climates, and moisture infiltration behind the siding can be a consideration as cement board siding does not dry out as fast as wood siding which can also absorb water. Major brands of fiber cement siding include CertainTeed, James Hardie (HardiePlank, HardieTrim, HardieShingle, HardieSoffit), Nichiha (NichiBoard, NichiShake, NichiPanel, NichiTrim) and Cemplank.
Some Siding Contractors in Solano County Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for siding in Solano County CA: Mares & Dow Construction Concord CA. Other companies doing siding in Fairfield CA that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Siding Contractors in Solano County
When it comes to siding repair or new siding in Solano County CA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the siding contractors you're considering hiring.
• How long have the siding contractors been servicing Solano County?
• How many other installations have they done of the exact type of siding you're seeking (wood, vinyl, aluminum, cement board). Different types of materials require different skills, tools, and experience.
• Can the siding contractor give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All siding contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• How does the siding installer determine pricing?
• Does the siding contractor offer you the choice of different brands you can choose among, or are you locked into one brand of siding?
• Is there a written guarantee on the installation, apart from the manufacturer warranty?
• Can the siding contractor vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All siding installers bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Can they show you proof of active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All siding installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• What inspection and preparation work will they do before installing? Specifically, in the case of existing wood siding, do they propose to remove it first, or to install over it and why?
• How will they handle cost overruns due to mistakes in planning? Do they guarantee to absorb any such costs or will they expect you to?
• How long will it take and does the siding company give any kind of guarantee of completion by your deadline date?
• How well do the siding contractors know their crews? Do they personally hire and train their crews, or do they bring them in from the outside on a project-by-project basis?
When you've chosen the best siding company in Solano County for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed in good standing as a siding contractor. (All siding installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Resources About Siding in Solano County
The following is a list of trade associations and publications related to siding contractors.
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations for Siding in Solano County CA
CSLB Contractors State License Board
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs
California Redwood Association
Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau
VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute)
The Engineered Wood Association
WRCLA (Western Red Cedar Lumber Association)
Publications for Siding Companies in Solano County
If you are looking for siding repair or new siding, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Siding Contractors in Solano County within the following zip codes:
94512, 95687, 94571, 94592, 94535, 94534, 95696, 94533, 95625, 95620, 94591, 94585, 94590, 94510, 94589 and 95688
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Siding in Solano County within the following cities:
Allendale, Benicia, Birds Landing, Birds Lndg, Dixon, Fairfield, Liberty Farms, Mare Island, Rio Vista, Suisun City, Travis AFB, Vacaville, Elmira, Nut Tree and Vallejo