The Best Siding Contractors in Fort Bend County TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Siding contractors in Fort Bend County TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are the siding companies proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as installers of new siding in Fort Bend County TX, including aluminum siding, vinyl siding, fiber cement board siding, wood siding, and more.
Updated June 12, 2020
The Best Siding Contractors in Fort Bend County TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Texas does not require any state license of siding contractors in Fort Bend County TX so there is no state standard for competency.
So there is no guarantee that any particular siding company in Fort Bend County TX is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for new residential or commercial siding in Fort Bend County TX who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, proof of liability insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
New siding can improve the value of your home, its curb appeal, and possibly reduce your maintenance costs. Materials for home siding have included asbestos siding which is no longer used. Fiberglass siding and hardboard composite siding are two other types that used to be common but they have been mostly supplanted by more modern types like vinyl and fiber cement siding.
Other options include aluminum and plastic coated aluminum, and wood siding. Each comes with its own consideration of price, ongoing maintenance costs, durability and climate considerations, and R-value where higher values indicate better thermal resistance which can affect heating or cooling bills.
Options include beveled wood siding, wood plank, and wood clapboard. These are the oldest types of siding and are known for the beauty they add to older and historic buildings.
The cost for wood siding is moderate but it requires the most maintenance since wood siding needs a protective coating like stain or paint, and is subject to rot, splitting or warping, insects, and weathering.
Aluminum siding is also moderately priced, but has lower maintenance costs than wood siding since aluminum or plastic coated aluminum siding does not need to be painted and is not subject to rot or insects.
It comes in styles including horizontal panels, vertical panels, and many different colors and textures including a wood shake or wood shingle imitation. Aluminum siding that comes prepainted may be more prone to fade, chalk, and create color runoff on the exterior wall. Vinyl coated aluminum siding can avoid those potential problems of prepainted finishes. Aluminum siding can be subject to denting. The best aluminum siding will come with a long time warranty.
Like aluminum siding, vinyl siding comes in many colors and styles including vertical panels or horizontal panels, and textures meant to mimic wood shake siding or wood shingle siding. In a cold climate, vinyl may become brittle enough to crack under an impact, and it can melt when exposed to extreme heat.
The best siding contractors in Fort Bend County will be able to install vinyl siding in the way necessary to prevent it from warping or buckling which it can do when not installed properly.
The cost of vinyl siding is usually less than wood or aluminum and it is very low maintenance as the color is embedded in the vinyl so it never needs to be painted.
FIBER CEMENT SIDING / CEMENT BOARD SIDING
This is one of the newest materials for home siding in Fort Bend County TX.
The price to purchase and to install can be less than wood siding, higher than vinyl or aluminum, but the maintenance costs are very low as it's very durable and is not subject to denting, warping or buckling. It can get close in appearance to natural wood grain and the best cement board siding can be indistinguishable from the better aesthetics of wood siding.
Like wood siding, fiber cement siding comes with trim and millwork pieces to provide design detail in a way that aluminum and vinyl siding does not, and also come in options that include wood shingle style and stucco panel styles.
Fiber cement siding cuts and installs like wood siding, and comes primed for you to paint or comes pre-finished. It will require repainting eventually. While the product itself can be warrantied for up to 50 years, the baked-on finish may be guaranteed for only 15 years.
Unlike wood siding, it is not vulnerable to rot or insects, is resistant to corrosion from salt spray near the ocean, and is considered fire resistant. The cut edges can absorb water however leading to cracks in colder climates, and moisture infiltration behind the siding can be a consideration as cement board siding does not dry out as fast as wood siding which can also absorb water.
Major brands of fiber cement siding include CertainTeed, James Hardie (HardiePlank, HardieTrim, HardieShingle, HardieSoffit), Nichiha (NichiBoard, NichiShake, NichiPanel, NichiTrim) and Cemplank.
Some Siding Contractors in Fort Bend County TX Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for siding in Fort Bend County TX : .
Other companies doing siding in Fort Bend County TX that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Local Siding Contractors in Fort Bend County TX
When it comes to siding repair or new siding in Fort Bend County TX , ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the siding contractors you're considering hiring.
• How long have the local siding contractors been servicing Fort Bend County TX? (Experience in your specific area shows potential knowledge about the specifics of your climate including temperatures, moisture, sun exposure, etc.)
• How many other installations have they done of the exact type of siding you're seeking such as wood, vinyl, aluminum, cement board. (Different types of materials require different skills, tools, and experience.)
• Can the local siding contractor give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All siding contractors in Fort Bend County Texas bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff.)
• How does the siding installer determine pricing?
• Does the local siding contractor offer you the choice of different brands you can choose among, or are you locked into one brand of siding?
• Is there a written guarantee on the installation, apart from the manufacturer warranty?
• Can the siding contractor vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All siding installers in Fort Bend County TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Can they show you proof of active workers' compensation and general liability insurance? (All siding installers in Fort Bend County TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What inspection and preparation work will they do before installing? Specifically, in the case of existing wood siding, do they propose to remove it first, or to install over it and why?
• How will they handle cost overruns due to mistakes in planning? Do they guarantee to absorb any such costs or will they expect you to?
• How long will it take and does the siding company give any kind of guarantee of completion by your deadline date?
• How well do the siding contractors know their crews? Do they personally hire and train their crews, or do they bring them in from the outside on a project-by-project basis?
When you've chosen the best siding company in Fort Bend County TX for your specific needs, make sure they have a good complaint record, since the state of Texas doesn't require any state license of siding contractors. (All siding installers in Fort Bend County TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had a good complaint record verified by our research staff.)
Resources About New Home Siding in Fort Bend County TX
The following is a list of trade associations and publications related to siding contractors.
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations for Siding in Fort Bend County TX
Cedar Shake and Shingle Bureau
VSI (Vinyl Siding Institute)
The Engineered Wood Association
The Aluminum Association
Publications for Siding Companies in Fort Bend County TX
If you are looking for siding repair or new siding, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Siding Contractors in Fort Bend County TX within the following zip codes:
77583-2, 77545, 77461, 77478, 77498, 77459, 77477, 77497, 77444, 77476, 77496, 77441, 77471, 77489, 77435, 77469, 77487, 77464, 77479, 77406, 77417 and 77407
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Siding Installation Companies in Fort Bend County TX within the following cities:
Arcola, Beasley, Cinco Ranch, Cumings, Fairchilds, Fifth Street, Four Corners, Fresno, Fulshear, Greatwood, Meadows Place, Mission Bend, Missouri City, Needville, New Territory, Pecan Grove, Pleak, Richmond, Rosenberg, Sienna Plantation, Simonton, Stafford, Sugar Land and Weston Lakes