The Best Paving & Concrete Contractors in Galveston County TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Paving or concrete contractors in Galveston County TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the asphalt pavers or concrete companies that have been proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and ability, who carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new driveways, asphalt paving, paving stones, interlocking pavers, paving bricks, mudjacking, slabjacking, or concrete in Galveston County TX.
Updated November 04, 2016
The Best Paving & Concrete Contractors in Galveston County TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Texas does not require paving or concrete contractors in Galveston County TX to have any state license, so there is no state test for competency, leaving it up to each county or city to decide whether or not to provide regulatory oversight over asphalt paving or concrete contractors.
So there is no guarantee that any particular paving company or concrete contractor in Galveston County TX is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying their customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for concrete or paving in Galveston County TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as having passed all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Concrete Pumping in Galveston County TX
Concrete pumping companies in Galveston County TX are firms that deliver and pour concrete that they have mixed according to specifications. A property owner can hire a concrete pumping company directly to pour concrete but they are most often hired by concrete contractors who don't do their own concrete mixing and pouring. When hiring a concrete contractor, find out if they do their own mixing and pouring. If not, consider hiring the concrete pumping company of your choice to do the concrete supply. Just as with concrete contractors, all concrete pumping companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status have general liability insurance for your protection, and have passed all our research requirements including phone calls to their previous customers, using only legal workers, verified liability and workers' comp insurance, and clean complaint record.
An attractive and durable driveway is a practical way to create a good first impression of your home for your visitors and your neighbors. Similarly, eye-pleasing but functional walkways make your property more enjoyable while providing you a safe means of getting around on it. A gorgeous patio will give you many fond memories of times spent socializing with friends and family or enjoying relaxing solitude in a pleasant space all your own.
All of this can be yours by finding good concrete contractors and paving contractors who can make these dreams reality. The information below is provided by the researchers and editors at The Prime Buyer's Report to get you started exploring your options, and how to find the right pavers, concrete contractors, and pavement repair companies for you.
Driveway Contractors in Galveston County TX Use Concrete, Asphalt, or Paving Stones
You have many options for your driveway pavement repair or new driveway installation, or creation of such hardscape features as walkways, sidewalks, patios and more. Three of the most common options are: asphalt, concrete, paving stones.
Asphalt: Asphalt paving is also known as hot mix asphalt and consists of an aggregate of sand and stone mixed with liquid asphalt, a by-product of the petroleum refining process. The aggregate is mixed and heated then the liquid asphalt cement is added and this mixture is delivered to the job site hot-necessary for the pavement to cure properly. In some cases the existing base will serve but in others, the contractor will remove the old asphalt, as well as clays and other porous soils before laying down a base of crushed rock 6 to 10 inches deep. A good base and well prepared grading are key to preventing surface cracking or sinking and a good new driveway should last you 25-30 years.
Concrete: Concrete driveways, walkways, or patios are made using a mixture of portland cement, aggregates (crushed stone and sand) and water. Admixtures are ingredients added to strengthen the concrete or change the set-up time, and to protect the concrete against the weather and exposure to chemicals. The performance of the concrete is enhanced by entrainment, small air bubbles in the concrete that help prevent deterioration. Too much water in the concrete will destroy these air bubbles so properly prepared concrete is key. When your concrete contractors order ready mixed concrete for your project, they should advise the concrete company of the intended use of the installation as suppliers have different mixtures and strengths for different uses.
Before concrete or asphalt is placed, proper preparation and grading are critical. The slope should always be such that water runs away from the house or other structures or areas that need to be kept dry. If the concrete is to be used by cars only, the concrete slab should be 3 1/2 to 4 inches thick. If to be used by light trucks also, then it should be 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 inches thick.
Good finishing is key to an attractive appearance of the concrete and involves troweling the surface to the desired smootheness. It's this step where the decoratve concrete contractor can provide you with a colored concrete finish or stamp it with patterns to create decorative concrete or stenciled concrete, using textures or designs from the whimsical, to those that imitate brick, cobblestone, or other materials.
Paving Stones: Paving stones and interlocking paving stones are yet another option for your new driveway, walkways, or patio. These manufactured bricks come in a wide variety of attractive shapes and colors and can be laid in many intricate and artistic patterns by skilled paving contractors in Galveston County TX.
Mudjacking Contractors in Galveston County TX for Uneven or Sunken Concrete Repair
What is mudjacking? Mudjacking is also known as slabjacking, pressure grouting or concrete leveling. Mudjacking contractors offer a lower cost alternative to concrete replacement when concrete slabs are uneven or sunken. Mudjacking involves drilling holes completely through the existing slab and pumping slurry into them in order to raise the concrete slab. Not every concrete slab repair can be done though mudjacking and sometimes concrete replacement is unavoidable. Poor quality concrete may crack or deterioriate when lifted using slabjacking in this way. Also, those resting on poor soil are likely to sink again after slabjacking. The best concrete contractors in Galveston County TX will know the difference and advise you on the options.
Some Concrete Contractors & Paving Companies in Galveston County TX Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these concrete contractors & paving companies in Galveston County TX: . Other concrete & paving contractors in Galveston County TX that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Paving Contractors & Concrete Contractors in Galveston County TX
When it comes to concrete or paving in Galveston County TX, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been doing concrete or paving in Galveston County specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather to take into consideration and experience in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, car load bearing versus people-only, etc.?
• Can the concrete or paving company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All paving and concrete contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• For asphalt paving: Are they proposing to pave over the existing asphalt or other base, or will they instead by removing material first and then laying down a base of crushed rock? If so, how deep a bed of crushed rock? (It's important to know this because it's a reason why price quotes might differ and is how cheap paving companies only seem cheap in comparison to one that's doing more labor for a job that hold up better or lasts longer).
• For concrete contractors: Will they be preparing their own concrete or instead, having ready-mixed concrete delivered by a separate concrete pumping company? If so, what is the name of that concrete pumping contractor? (There are many variables to how concrete is mixed with different jobs needing different mixtures so the reputation and record of whomever is mixing the concrete is worth knowing and you might even want to select and hire one directly.)
• How thick will the concrete or asphalt be? (A company might only appear cheaper than another by skimping on the amount of material, and different applications have different minimum thicknesses necessary to avoid cracking.)
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All concrete or paving companies in Galveston County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How will they determine pricing?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All concrete or paving companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of surface preparation labor being proposed, the amount of material to be used, brand names if any, and product numbers if any?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used (such as with paving stones, bricks, etc.)?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best paving or concrete contractors in Galveston County TX for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the county or city if such is required by law in your area, since the state of Texas doesn't require any state license of pavers or concrete contractors. (All paving or concrete contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had a county or city license, if required by law, verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)