The Best Deck Contractors in Flint MI Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Contractors for decks in Flint MI bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the deck builders that have exceeded the minimum Michigan regulatory standard. They are the deck contractors proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and ability, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new decks in Flint MI or deck repair, including composite decks, custom decks, Trex decks, redwood decks, and more.
Updated October 09, 2019
The Best Deck Contractors in Flint MI Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Residential deck contractors in Flint Michigan must be licensed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). No state license at all is required to do deck building in a commercial setting. Deck building is performed under the state license designation of Maintenance & Alteration Contractors (M&A contractors).
Those licensed after June 1 2008 had to complete 60 hours of prelicensure education and pass an exam, but not one specific to decks.
The license allows them only to perform the specific trades or crafts designated by the license and each licensed deck contractor has a pocket card that contains the letter codes representing which aspects they allowed to perform. In order to legally be deck builders, their pocket card should show the A code for carpentry.
But even with the state license there is no guarantee that any particular deck company in Flint MI is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for deck repair or new decks in Flint MI who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license with the "A" code for deck builders, verified liablity and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
With nice weather comes the drive to move things outdoors. But who wants to spend time reclined in the wet grass, dodging anthills and sinkholes, when you can comfortably lounge on a clean, level deck? Adding a new deck can beautify your yard, increase the resale value of your home, and make it more livable.
Although there's the option of undertaking this kind of deck building project yourself, it's difficult work. With short-sighted planning or inadequate materials, you could cause your home to lose value. That's why it's advisable to choose good deck contractors or deck builders in Flint MI.
Deck Contractors in Flint MI Perform Numerous Services
If you want your new deck built well, professional decking contractors have the specific skills to select the right lumber or composite material for construction of custom decks, stairs, porches, screen porches, railings, docks, and even gazebos.
Aside from basic assembly, deck contractors can sand, seal, stain, paint and waterproof new decks. Many of them also perform deck refinishing in Flint MI which is deck restoration and deck repair to make old decks look like new.
They are capable of stain and mildew removal, pressure washing, high heat cleaning, dry rot removal, nail setting, deck wood brightening and the application of new protective coatings. As specialists, deck contractors in Flint MI have a more refined understanding of the design and materials involved in deck building, so they are more likely to offer sound design advice and conduct a successful installation of new outdoor decks.
Deck Contractors in Flint MI Use Many Popular Decking Materials
Decking contractors in Flint MI work with a variety of high quality lumber to build your deck, gazebo or porch to your exact specifications. They can offer pressure-treated wood, Brazilian teak, Brazilian cherry, redwood, mahogany, Western red cedar, Southern yellow pine, Siberian Larch, treated fir and treated pine.
Deck contractors may also be able to obtain more exotic materials, such as cumaru, ipe, jarrah, jatoba, purple heart, haiari, janka, cambera, goiabao, macaranduba, tauari, marupa and mangaris. And with the fairly recent wave of synthetic decking materials, good new deck construction contractors can even build with a number of composite or artificial decking products, including plastic and wood mixes, fiberglass, modular tiles, solid composite, hollow composite, recycled wool fibers and polyethylene, Trex or Biodac. Certain deck contractors may also be willing to build new decks with vinyl, virgin vinyl, laminated vinyl membrane, or aluminum.
Some Deck Contractors in Flint MI Are Much Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for decks in Flint MI: .
Other deck contractors in Flint MI that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Deck Contractors in Flint MI
When it comes to decks in Flint MI, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the companies you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been doing decks in Flint MI specifically? (Different regions have their own unique soil conditions and weather that will effect choices in construction method, material, and finishes. The length of experience doing decks in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial, wood decks versus synthetic composite decks, etc.?
• Can the deck company give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All deck contractors in Flint MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including the amount of material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (This is key because cheap deck contractors in Flint MI often only seem cheaper because they are using thinner lumber, less material, or inferior quality material compared to others which will not last and require expensive repairs and maintenance later.)
• How long will it take them to complete the work?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties?
• Will they check the local zoning ordinances to make sure the new deck conforms to code?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All deck contractors in Flint MI bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How do they determine pricing?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All deck companies in Flint MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies?
When you've chosen the best deck contractors in Flint for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed by the state of Michigan and that their license card as the letter "A" for carpentry, legally required to perform as deck builders. (All deck contractors in Flint MI bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Good Deck Contractors in Flint MI Work With the Best Decking Brands
Different brands of decking materials are known to be longer-lasting or higher quality than others. The best deck builders in Flint MI take this into consideration when drawing up deck plans for building your new deck. The following list contains some of the brands used by deck contractors in Flint MI:
Trex, Evergrain, JER Envirotech, EON, Veranda, EZ Deck, Pultonix, Infinity, LP Weatherbest, Deckmaster Fasteners, GeoDeck, EverNew, Oasis Decking, Timbertech, Eco Decking Tiles, Certainteed, Choicedek, Nexwood, Epoch composite material decking, and Vixen Hill products.
Resources About New Deck Builders in Flint MI
Associations Relevant to Deck Builders and Deck Contractors in Flint MI
AITC American Institute of Timber Construction www.aitc-glulam.org
APA EWA American Engineered Wood Association www.apawood.org
AWC American Wood Council www.awc.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CRA California Redwood Association www.calredwood.org
DIA Deck Industry Association www.deckindustry.org
NADRA North American Deck and Railing Association www.nadra.org
WRCLA Western Red Cedar Lumber Association www.wrcla.org
WWPA Western Wood Products Association www.wwpa.org
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Deck Builders in Flint MI
Backyard Living Magazine
Deck Contractor Magazine
Garden, Deck, and Landscape Magazine
Professional Deck Builder Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Deck Contractors in Flint MI within the following zip codes:
48504, 48438, 48529, 48460, 48411, 48503, 48437, 48519, 48458, 48502, 48433, 48509, 48457, 48501, 48430, 48507, 48451, 48746, 48480, 48429, 48506, 48449, 48532, 48473, 48423, 48505, 48439, 48531, 48463 and 48420
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Decks Builders in Flint MI within the following cities:
Argentine, Beecher, Burton, Clio, Fenton, Flint, Gaines, Goodrich, Grand Blanc, Lake Fenton, Linden, Montrose, Mount Morris, Otisville, Swartz Creek, Atlas township, Clayton township, Davison township, Forest township, Genesee township, Mundy township, Richfield township, Thetford township and Vienna township