The Best Electricians in Cincinnati OH Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Electricians in Cincinnati OH bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the electrical contractors that have exceeded the minimum Ohio regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new electrical in Cincinnati OH, including rewiring, electrical repair, and commercial electricians.
Updated March 29, 2017
The Best Electricians in Cincinnati OH Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Ohio requires electricians in Cincinnati OH to be licensed by the state, which requires a minimum of five years experience working under a licensed electrician, and passing an exam.
But the state license is no guarantee that any particular electrical contractor in Cincinnati OH is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all residential or commercial electricians in Cincinnati OH who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified liablity and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Electricians in Cincinnati OH Perform Numerous Services
To be a licensed electrical contractor, one must be proficient in a number of tasks, but because the industry is so expansive, good electricians often specialize. So a given electrician in Cincinnati OH may have years of experience, but they still may not be the best fit for your specific wiring repair or electrical repair project. Residential electricans can fix or install circuit breakers, dryers, paddle fans, attic fans, oven circuits, ceiling fans and do home rewiring. Commercial electricans in Cincinnati OH can install commercial lighting for parking areas, underground commercial electrical work including retrofitting, retail and commercial electrical inspection and testing, backup generators and other backup power systems.
Some electricians in Cincinnati OH often have lighting design experience, which they can apply to install track lighting, recessed lighting, and lighting control systems.
Electricians that have electrical engineering certification can install 3 phase motor controls, U.L. listed motor controls, wiring for code UBC, and underground/T.I. wiring.
Electricians in Cincinnati OH Regularly Carry Required Components
The best electricians in Cincinnati OH perform a variety of electrical repair and electrical services for your home, and often arrive at your door prepared with the necessary test and measurement equipment and replacement parts. Depending on the purpose of the visit, good electrical contractors will be armed with gas/leak detectors and analyzers, wire and breaker tracers, safety switches, and other testing products to restore your power or remediate any safety concerns.
In order to avoid billable repeat visits, conscientious electricians will carry replacement wire, cable, fuses, fittings, connectors and conduits. With the necessary equipment, they can repair fans and thermostats, and perform disconnects or power restorations from your circuit breaker panel. Many of the best electricians can service your light fixtures as well, installing dimmers and bulbs to optimize your home lighting or reduce unnecessary electrical drains. Most of the good electricians in Cincinnati OH are trained in CAD and certified for home wiring repairs, so you can trust that, based on the information you've given them, they can capably resolve your electrical problems.
Some Electricians in Cincinnati OH Are A Much Better Value than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these electricians in Cincinnati OH: . Other electricians in Cincinnati OH who might still be in business include: .
Ask These Questions of Electricians in Cincinnati OH
When it comes to electrical repair, rewiring and other electrical work ask these questions of electrical contractors in Cincinnati OH about their abilities, experience, and credentials.
• How long have the electrical contractors been doing electrical contracting, electrical repair or home rewiring in Cincinnati OH?
• How many electrical repair jobs or home wiring jobs have the electricians completed in Cincinnati OH?
• Can the electricians provide references for past electrical contracting jobs? (All electricians in Cincinnati OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What will the electrical contractors' timing be on bidding and completing home wiring or wiring repair?
• Can they prove that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All electrical contractors in Cincinnati OH bearing The Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Do the electrical contractors carry workers' compensation and liability insurance to protect you in the event of an accident or mistake? (All electrical contractors in Cincinnati OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have alreadyhad proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the electricians provide a written estimate of the electrical work?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the electricians be responsible for getting them?
• Does the owner of the electrical service accompany his electricians on the job?
• What kind of warranties & guarantees do the electrical contractors offer and what do the warranties cover?
• Will the electrical contractors provide a written contract?
• Do they charge by the hour (Time & Materials) or by the job (Flat Rate)?
• Do they expect your job to be completed in a single visit?
• Will you have electrical power while the electrical contractors work?
When you've chosen the most suitable electrician in Cincinnati OH for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed by the state of Ohio as an electrical contractor, since that is required by law. (All electrcians in Cincinnati OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report -TOP 10 symbol have already had their state electrical contractor license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Electricians in Cincinnati OH
Associations & Licensing Related to Electrical Contractors in Cincinnati OH
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
EGIA Electric and Gas Industries Association www.egia.com
FEC Federated Electrical Contractors www.fec.org
IAEI International Association of Electrical Inspectors www.iaei.org
IECI Independent Electrical Contractors Association www.ieci.org
IAEI Ohio Chapter - International Association of Electrical Inspectors of Ohio www.iaei.org/web/ohio
NECA National Electrical Contractors Association www.necaonline.com
NECA Central Ohio Chapter www.cohneca.org
NOECA Northern Ohio Electrical Contractors Association www.noecaiec.org
AEC-IEC Associated Electrical Contractors Central Ohio Chapter www.aeciec.org
Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board www.elicense4.com.ohio.gov/Lookup/LicenseLookup.aspx
Web & Media Resources Relevant to Electricians in Cincinnati OH
Cabling Contractor Magazine
Electrical Construction & Maintenance Magazine
Electrical Contracting Products
Electrical Contractor Magazine
Electrical and Mechanical Contractor Magazine
Electric Light and Power Magazine
Utility Automation and Engineering and T&D
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Electricians in Cincinnati OH within the following zip codes:
45506, 45505, 45504, 45503, 45502, 45501, 45033, 45203, 45212, 45220, 45230, 45240, 45248, 45264, 45030, 45202, 45211, 45219, 45229, 45239, 45247, 45255, 45174, 45209, 45218, 45227, 45238, 45246-2, 45254, 45140, 45208, 45217, 45226, 45237, 45245, 45253, 45111, 45207, 45216, 45225, 45236, 45244, 45252, 45052, 45206, 45215, 45224, 45233, 45243, 45251, 45051, 45205, 45214, 45223, 45232, 45242, 45250, 45041, 45204, 45213, 45221, 45231, 45241-2, 45249, 45267, 45002 and 45001
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Electrical Contractors in Cincinnati OH within the following cities:
Miami Township, Blue Ash, Cheviot, Cincinnati, Forest Park, Loveland, Madeira, Montgomery, North College Hill, Norwood, Reading, Sharonville, Springdale, Wyoming, Anderson, Colerain, Delhi, Green, Harrison, Springfield, Sycamore, Symmes, Bridgetown, Dent, Finneytown, Forestville, Mack, Monfort Heights, Northbrook, Northgate and White Oak