The Best Heating & Air Contractors in Lake County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Heating & air contractors in Lake County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those that have exceeded the minimum Florida regulatory standard. They are the HVAC contractors proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for heating and air conditioning in Lake County FL, including furnaces or ventilation.
Updated December 06, 2018
The Best Heating & Air Contractors in Lake County FL Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Florida requires that companies for ventilation, heating, and air conditioning in Lake County FL be licensed by the state as HVAC contractors which requires a minimum amount of experience, and passing an exam (except for installers of window a/c units for which there is no state regulation).
But the state license for heating and air companies is no guarantee that any particular HVAC contractor in Lake County FL is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all heating and air conditioning contractors in Lake County FL who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state license, good complaint record, verified liablity and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
HVAC Contractors in Lake County FL Provide Numerous Heating & Air Conditioning Services
Heating, air conditioning, and ventilation contractors in Lake County FL perform specialty tasks that are beyond amateur repairman abilities. When considering HVAC contractors, keep in mind the climate in which you live, and if there are areas within your home or business that are difficult to ventilate. HVAC contractors in Lake County FL rely on this information to take the appropriate measures for installation of air conditioning units, furnaces, heater installation, ducts, home cooling systems and all types of ventilation systems for homes and businesses.
Good HVAC contractors in Lake County FL provide HVAC repair or maintenance for several commercial or residential applications, such as central heating and air systems, general duct cleaning and repair, reconditioned air, radiant heating, geo-exchange systems, and radiant floor heating.
Some HVAC contractors will perform duct cleaning or repair and can even design and build a new energy-efficient air conditioning system or heating and cooling system for your home or business.
Choosing a New HVAC System in Lake County FL
The best HVAC contractors will not quote a system just based on the square footage of the home, but will survey themselves each room to be serviced by a climate control system. Knowing the total volume to be heated or cooled allows them to figure the load, meaning how much power your system would need and will also facdtor in your type of insulation, window space, and local climate data.
Next, the HVAC experts will determine the best location for your system. The amount of work an air conditioning unit will have to do can depend on where it's located, such as whether or not it's somewhere shady.
Air Conditioner Repair in Lake County FL
An HVAC contractor should be used for any air conditioning repair and service other than routine cleaning, as the main components are sealed, and complex.
Central air conditioners usually are connected to a home's forced-air distribution system, if the home has one. The two main components of a central air conditioner are the condenser and the evaporator. The condenser unit is usually outside the home on a cement slab. The evaporator coil is in the duct above the furnace. Hot air is cooled by the evaporator as it flows through the return-air duct to the furnace. If the air conditioner unit outside works but isn't cooling the house, the problem is probably in this distribution system where the evaporator is located.
Central air conditioners should be inspected and adjusted by an HVAC contractor before the beginning of every cooling season.
Forced Air Heating - Forced air heating systems are the most common type of home heating system and tend to be the least expensive. Air is heated in a furnace and then distributed through the building or home via air ducts. Different furnaces use different fuels, such as propane, oil, natural gas, or electricity. A forced air heating system requires air ducts, which take up space in your building or walls, and it requires regular air filter changes.
Radiant Heating System - Radiant heating simply refers to the direct transfer of heat, such as from a stove. Hot water tubing in a floor also comes under this category, in which case the hot water is heated by a boiler. These radiant heating systems tend to be more expensive to install than a forced air heating system, and will require separate ductwork for your air conditioning system.
Hydronic Heating (Hot Water Baseboard) - Although this uses hot water heated by a boiler similar to an in-floor radiant heating system, the hot water is piped to baseboard units mounted along your walls which have fins that heat the surrounding air, which then rises to heat the room. Not every company licensed for HVAC does this so look specifically for hydronic heating contractors in Lake County FL.
Steam Radiant Heating - Cast-iron steam radiators can still be found in older buildings or homes but are rarely installed new anymore. They tend to be considered bulky and unsightly by modern standards and can be replaced with vertical wall panel radiators, such as are often seen in apartments.
Geothermal Heating - Geothermal heating and cooling in the form of a GHP (Geothermal Heat Pump) is the newest technology. Geothermal heat pumps take advantage of the constant temperature several feet underground with water pipes running from a heat pump above ground to several feet below ground where it is cooler. A GHP is more energy efficient than other systems can can save 30%-70% on home heating or 20%-50% on home cooling according to the EPA, but are 50-100% more expensive to install, with a 3-ton GHP system costing $5,000-$10,000 more than a heat pump system that runs on air. With an annual energy savings of $350-$1,500, it can be many years before the additional expense of purchase and installation is recouped. Ask your local HVAC contractors in Lake County FL how much experience they have with GHP systems and how much in annual energy savings has been experienced by their customers in your area and climate.
Some HVAC Contractors in Lake County FL Are A Much Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these HVAC contractors in Lake County FL: . Other contractors for heating & air in Lake County FL that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors in Lake County FL
Step 1: Know What You Need From the Best HVAC Contractors in Lake County FL
Explain what type of heating, air conditioning, and ventilation work is involved. Since you aren't the contractor, it's understood that you have limited knowledge of your HVAC system. In this case, your description should basically include any problems you've encountered and your climate preferences. Be prepared to be consistent in the way that you present the information so each heating, air conditioning, and ventilation contractor will have an opportunity to offer an equally informed time and cost projection for your job.
Step 2: Answer Questions from Good Heating, Air Conditioning & Cooling Contractors & Take Notes
Listen carefully to the questions each HVAC contractor asks. Document the varying concerns of each professional heating, and air conditioning contractor. Note the level of detail and the amount of time he's willing to devote to you. It will help you assess his proficiency and work ethic.
Step 3: Questions to Ask Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Contractors
You can make a list of questions for the best heating and air contractors based on the notes you've taken and the basic information you've gathered. Supplement your own ideas with the questions we've listed below.
• How long have they been doing HVAC in Lake County FL specifically? (Different regions have their own unique weather that will effect choices in equipment and installation method. The length of experience doing heating & air in your location specifically shows familiarity with these aspects.)
• How many installations have they done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, residential versus commercial HVAC, etc.?
• Will they give you names and numbers of customers who had a similar kind of installation done who you can call as references? (All heating & air contractors in Lake County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer and install multiple brands, or instead are they dealers for only one manufacturer? If so, why is that not a disadvantage to you?
• Regarding new air conditioning systems, new furances or new heating systems, what kind of assessment will they make before determining the size and power of the system they will propose? (Quoting based on total square footage alone can be inaccurate, without doing an actual onsite inspection and considering many factors such as sun exposure, number of windows and their insulation factor, existing weatherization, etc.)
• Regarding new air conditioning systems, new furances or new heating systems, what is their estimate of your annual operating and maintenance costs, and how do they know that is accurate?
• Regarding new air conditioning systems, new furances or new heating systems, when you have narrowed down your choice to one particular system, is there a big potential savings in money they can see from dropping down a level and what will you give up in performance or in increased maintenance/operating costs if you do so? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality, performance, and/or cost efficiency to be had for spending just a little bit more money now for a system one level up?
• Will they provide a written estimate that is detailed, including brand names and product numbers of the equipment, as well as the type of material and amount used for installation? (This is key because cheap HVAC contractors in Lake County FL often only seem cheaper because they are skimping on labor, materials, or are quoting an inferior unit.)
• What are the manufacturer warranties on any new unit to be installed?
• Do they provide a written warranty for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties and can you see it?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the contractors be responsible for getting them or do they leave that up to you?
• Can the company show that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All HVAC contractors in Lake County FL bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an obligation to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All heating & air companies in Lake County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
When you've chosen the best heating & air contractors in Lake County for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed by the state of Florida with an HVAC license since that's required by law. (All HVAC contractors in Lake County FL bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Brands of Heating & Cooling Systems Avilable in Lake County FL
The best HVAC contractors in Lake County FL provide, install, service, and repair many brands of heating & air conditioning equipment, including the following popular brands:
Actron Air, Airease, Aire-Flo, Amana, American Standard, Aprilaire, Arcoaire, Armstrong Air, Bard, Borg Warner, Bosch, Broan, Bryant, Burnham, Carrier, Coleman, Comfort-Aire, Comfortmaker, Concord, Cozy, Daiken, Daikin, Day & Night, Ducane, Empire, Fedders, Fraser-Johnston, Freidrich, Frigidaire, Fujitsu, Fulton, Gaffers Sattler, Gibson, Goodman, Heil, Holly, Honeywell, Intertherm, Janitrol, Lennox, LG, Lochnivar, Luxeaire, Maple Chase, Maytag, Midea, Mitsubishi, Modine, Nordyne, NuTone, Panasonic, Payne, Raypak, Reznor, Rheem, Rinnai, Ruud, Samsung, Sanyo, Slant Fin, Tappan, Tempstar, Tempstat, Toshiba, Trane, Unico, Utica, Weather King, Weil-McLain, Westinghouse, Whirlpool, White Rodgers, York
Resources About Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors in Lake County FL
Associations & Agencies Relevant to Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning in Lake County FL
AACP Association of Air Conditioning Professionals www.aacpnet.org
ACCA Air Conditioning Contractors of America www.acca.org
ASC Associated Specialty Contractors www.assoc-spec-con.org
ACCPA Florida Air Conditioning Contractors www.florida-accpa.org
ASHRAE American Society of Heating, and Air Conditioning Engineers www.ashrae.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
FACAA Florida Air Conditioning Apprenticeship facaschool.com
FRACCA Florida Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Contractors www.fracca.org
Hydronic Heating Association www.comfortableheat.net
MCAA Mechanical Contractors Association of America www.mcaa.org
Mechanical Contractors Association of South Florida mcasf.org
Central Florida Mechanical Contractors Association www.mcacentralflorida.com
NATE North American Technician Excellence for HVAC www.natex.org
PHCCA Heating, Cooling Contractors Association www.phccweb.org
FAPHCC Florida Heating and Cooling Contractors www.faphcc.com
Northwest Florida Air Conditioning Contractors Association www.gcec.com/content.cfm?id=2013
PMCSMCA Mechanical Sheet Metal Contractors Alliance www.pmsmca.com
North Florida Air Conditioning Contractors Association www.nfacca.com
SFACA South Florida Air Conditioning Contractors Association www.sfaca.org
Media & Web Resources Related to HVAC Services in Lake County FL
Heating, Piping, Air Conditioning Magazine www.hpacmag.com
Home Energy Magazine www.homeenergy.org
HVAC Business Magazine www.hvacrbusiness.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Heating & Air Conditioning Contractors in Lake County FL within the following zip codes:
34712, 34749, 34711-2, 34748, 34705, 34737, 34797, 34736, 34788, 34731, 34762, 34715, 34756, 34714, 34755, 34713, 34753, 32784, 32778, 32776, 32767, 32159, 32756, 32158, 32736, 32735, 32727, 32726, 32702, 32195, 32162, 32757 and 32102
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information on the TOP 10 HVAC Contractors in Lake County FL for the following cities:
Astatula, Astor, Clermont, Eustis, Four Corners, Fruitland Park, Groveland, Howey-in-the-Hills, Lady Lake, Lake Kathryn, Lake Mack-Forest Hills, Leesburg, Mascotte, Minneola, Montverde, Mount Dora, Mount Plymouth, Paisley, Pine Lakes, Silver Lake, Sorrento, Tavares, Umatilla, Yalaha and Citrus Ridge