The Best Tax Preparers in Lake County OH Are the Ones Proven Safe To Use
Tax return preparers in Lake County OH bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those income tax preparers proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for skill, value, and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the client, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with them as tax preparers in Lake County OH, including personal income tax return preparation, corporate tax return preparation, tax rebates, tax filing, and more.
Updated November 04, 2016
The Best Tax Preparers in Lake County OH Are the Ones Proven Safe To Use
The state of Ohio does not require tax preparers in Lake County OH to qualify for a license or to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency. The IRS does now require all tax preparers to apply for a PTIN (identification number) but that is merely a registration with no comptency exam or educational requirements. Ohio does require tax preparers to be registered soley for the purpose of e-filing, and Ohio requires all tax preparers to be registered for e-filing who are filing more than 11 tax returns.
Similarly, tax return preparers are not legally required to have professional liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) to reimburse you in the event of loss due to error or negligence.
So without any state oversight of tax return preparers, there's no guarantee that any particular tax preparer in Lake County OH is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all tax return preparers in Lake County OH who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous clients to verify high satisfaction with their tax return preparation, verified liability insurance, best business practices, good complaint record, and more.
Numerous Services Performed By Tax Return Preparers in Lake County OH
Tax preparation can be performed by CTEC Registered Tax Preparers (CRTPs), Enrolled Agents (EAs), and CPAs. They can also advise you on tax related issues. EAs (Enrolled Agents) are tax preparers that have passed the special enrollment examination given by the IRS. They can prepare out of state returns, individual income taxes, corporate tax returns, non-profit tax returns, partnership tax returns, sales statements, tax audit representation, and sales tax representation. If the need arises for litigation support, EAs are also qualified to provide IRS representation.
Some tax return preparers in Lake County OH are certified QuickBooks Pro advisers, and they can teach you how to use the program and set it up on your home system for simple records transfers. Many tax professionals, including EAs, offer free initial tax consultation or provide free electronic filling. And if you need extensions with deadlines later in the year than April 15th, good tax return preparers give service all year round.
Some Tax Return Preparers in Lake County OH Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these tax preparers in Lake County: . Other tax preparers in Lake County OH that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Tax Return Preparers in Lake County OH
When it comes to tax preparers in Lake County OH, ask these questions about their abilities, experience, and credentials.
• How long have the tax return agents been in the business? (All tax preparers in Lake County OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have had their sufficient length of time in business verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• What computer programs do the tax preparation services use for record keeping?
• What are the service rates for tax preparation services? Do the tax preparers have a rate chart available?
• What tax preparer certifications do they hold?
• Are they willing to give you the name and numbers of some clients you can call as references? (All tax return preparers in Lake County OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they generally deal with tax preparation for businesses or for individuals?
• Do the tax preparers specialize in income tax preparation, federal tax preparation or state tax preparation?
• What can the tax preparation services tell you regarding capital gains taxes, estate taxes or tax planning advice?
• What are their hours of operation in case you need to reach them?
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) which protects you from paying fines in the event of a mistake? (All tax return preparers in Lake County OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they attend continuing education courses? If so, how often? This is important to be able to stay on top of the constant changes in the tax code.
• Do the income tax filers have a privacy statement they can file with your records?
• Will the tax preparation services store your tax information? If so, for how long?
• Will the tax preparation services provide a written contract?
Once you've chosen the best tax preparers in Lake County OH for your specific needs, make sure they are registered with the IRS and have that PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) as is recently required by federal law. If they are an accountant or an EA (Enrolled Agent) make sure they have that corresponding license. (All tax return preparers in Lake County OH bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had their federal registration or relevant license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Tax Return Preparation in Lake County OH
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations Related to Tax Preparers in Lake County OH
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
IRS Internal Revenue Service www.irs.gov
NAEA National Association of Enrolled Agents www.naea.org
NATC National Association of Tax Consultants www.natctax.org
NATP National Association of Tax Professionals www.natptax.com
NATP National Association of Tax Professionals-Ohio Chapter www.natptax.com/Chapters/Pages/OhioChapter.aspx
OSSEA Ohio State Society of Enrolled Agents www.ossea.org
Media Regarding Tax Return Preparers in Lake County OH
International Tax Review
Journal of the American Taxation Association
Journal of Property Valuation and Taxation
Journal of State Taxation
Journal of Taxation of Investments
Taxes-The Tax Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tax Preparers in Lake County OH within the following zip codes:
44096, 44095, 44094, 44092, 44081, 44077, 44061, 44057-2, 44045 and 44060
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Tax Preparers in Lake County OH within the following cities:
Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Kirtland, Kirtland Hills, Mentor, Mentor-on-the-Lake, North Perry, Painesville, Perry, Timberlake, Wickliffe, Willoughby, Willoughby Hills, Willowick, Concord, LeRoy, Madison, Perry and North Madison