The Best Roofers in Loudoun County VA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Roofing contractors in Loudoun County VA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the residential or commercial roofers who have exceeded the minimum Virginia regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who have agreed to hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as roofers in Loudoun County VA for new roofing, re-roofing, or roofing repair including shingle roofing, shake roofing, metal roofing, tile roofing and more.
Updated March 03, 2020
The Best Roofers in Loudoun County VA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Virginia requires roofing contractors in Loudoun County VA to be licensed by the state with the correct license class for the cost of your project (Class C = less than $10,000, Class B = less than $120,000, Class A = no cost restriction), and the printed license for roofing companies must have at the bottom the three letter code for roofers, which is "ROC" for which they had to take an exam specific to roofing and demonstrate previous experience specifically in roofing.
But even the state license for roofing contractors is no guarantee that any particular roofer in Loudoun County VA is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for roofing in Loudoun County VA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Questions To Ask Roofing Companies in the Virginia Beach VA Area
When choosing which roofer to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials.
• How long have they been in business as roofers in Loudoun County? This indicates how well they know the local city ordinances, codes, and permit requirements for your area.
• How many roofs have they done specifically in Loudoun County? This indicates how well they know the performance of different materials and installation methods in your particular climate, rainfall and wind patterns.
• How many roofs have they done of the same type as yours, i.e. same materials: clay tile versus asphalt shingle, same type: flat versus high slope, and same scope: repair only versus tear-off and reroof versus new roofing, etc.
• Can the roofing company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All roofing contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• What is the projected time frame for completion of the new roof installation or roof repair?
• Does the roofing contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All roofers in Loudoun County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How will the roofing companies calculate pricing for new roofs or roof repairs?
• Will they provide a written estimate that specifies the exact amount of material to be used, including sizes, brand names, product numbers etc? (This is key because the cheapest roofing companies often only seem cheaper because they are quoting inferior materials or low quality brands compared to other roofers.)
• Will the roofing contractors provide a written contract?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will they be responsible for getting them or will that be up to you?
• Can the roofing contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All roofing companies in Loudoun County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often and when do they clean up?
• What is the manufacturer's warranty on the roofing system or material the contractor is suggesting?
• What kind of warranties and guarantees on their labor do they offer besides the manufacturer warranty on the roofing materials?
• Do they offer multiple types of roofing materials and brands, or are they restricted to quoting one manufacturer?
• For new roofing or re-roofing, does their quote include replacing the flashings around chimneys and vents? Not doing so is one way that cheap roofing companies merely appear cheap.
• What type of wood will be used on your roof and in what thickness? For example, using cheap plywood made from pine which is susceptible to warping is another way cheap roofers merely appear cheaper, as opposed to using plywood made from stronger Douglas fir.
• Will they being using nails (proper) or instead using staples (cheaper and faster for them but lacks holding power and can invalidate a manufacturer's warranty)?
When you've chosen the best roofing contractor in Loudoun County VA for your specific needs, make sure they are licensed with a state or county license for roofing contractors. (All roofing companies in Loudoun County VA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Good Roofing Companies in Loudoun County VA Use Good Roofing Brands
Good roofers in Loudoun County use the best roofing materials. Some companies purchase these materials at discounted rates and then pass the savings on to you. Other roofers are able to qualify you for a manufacturer's warranty on their labor by being pre-approved by some brand manufacturers. Some of the better roofing brands include: Energy Star Cool Roofing Systems, CertainTeed Roofing, Firestone Building Products, Atlas Roofing Corp., GenFlex Roofing Systems, Recon Building Products, Award Metals, Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, , Elk Building Products, Hardishake, PABCO, Tamko Roofing Products, Gardner-Gibson Materials, DECRA Roofing Systems, Stone Metal Products, GAF Materials, Eagle Roofing Products and Air Vent.
Resources About Roofing Companies in Loudoun County VA
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Roofers in Loudoun County VA
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Mid Atlantic Roofing Contractors Association www.marcaroof.com
NRCA National Roofing Contractors Association www.nrca.net
SRCA Slate Roofing Contractors Association www.slateroofers.org
TRI Tile Roofing Institute www.tileroofing.org
VARP Virginia Association of Roofing Professionals www.varoofingprofessionals.org
Virginia Association of Roofing Contractors (804) 497-5917
Virginia DPOR www.dpor.virginia.gov/boards/contractors
Media & Web Resources for Roofing in Loudoun County
Professional Roofing Magazine www.professionalroofing.net
Roofing RSI Magazine
Roofing Contractor Magazine www.roofingcontractor.com
Traditional Roofing Magazine www.traditionalroofing.com
Roofing Magazine www.roofingmagazine.com
Metal Roofing Magazine constructionmagnet.com/metal-roofing-magazine
Spray Foam Roofing Magazine sprayfoammagazine.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Roofing Contractors in Loudoun County VA within the following zip codes:
20160, 20159, 20158, 20152-2, 20148, 20129, 20147, 20118, 20146, 20117, 20141, 20105, 20135, 20134, 20132, 20178, 20164, 20177, 20176, 20175, 20167, 20197, 20166, 20180 and 20165
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Roofers in Loudoun County VA within the following cities:
Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, Ashburn, Belmont, Brambleton, Broadlands, Dulles, Lansdowne, Oak Grove, South Riding, Sterling and Stone Ridge