The Best Cabinet Companies in Mercer County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Providers of cabinets in Mercer County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those cabinet contractors or dealers who have exceeded the minimum New Jersey regulatory standard.
They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for new cabinets in Mercer County NJ, including cabinet installers, cabinet makers, custom cabinets, kitchen cabinets, cabinet refacing, and more.
Updated February 12, 2019
The Best Cabinet Companies in Mercer County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New Jersey doesn't require any state license of providers of new cabinets in Mercer County NJ and they must merely be registered with the state of New Jersey if they are residential cabinet installers for any work over $500.
Not even that mere registration is required of commercial cabinet installers, nor is any registration required of cabinet makers. So there is no state enforced standard for competency among cabinet contractors.
Registered cabinet installers are required by New Jersey state to show proof of liability insurance as protection for the customer, but no such proof is required for workers comp insurance which is a significant issue since you will be on the hook for worker injuries that occur on your property for those cabinet installers who do not have coverage.
So there is no guarantee that any particular contractor for cabinets in Mercer County NJ is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all cabinet makers or installers of cabinets in Mercer County NJ who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as research phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, proof of liability insurance and workers comp insurance for your protection, good complaint record, verified state registration (for residential cabinet installers), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Not All Cabinet Contractors in Mercer County NJ Are The Same
Some cabinet contractors can do more than just new kitchen cabinets, but also provide custom cabinet solutions in other areas such as laundry room cabinets, garage cabinets, pantry storage, craft room cabinets, cabinets for home offices, and custom entertainment centers. The best cabinet companies will find out your exact storage needs around the home and be able to propose custom cabinetry in other rooms based on their experience with previous installations.
Prefabricated discount cabinets at the chain home improvement stores seem to have a lower price but may not save you money. Those prefab cabinets made from fiberboard, MDF and particleboard aren't as durable as real wood cabinets, so you'll have spend money again to replace them sooner.
And they may not save much money even at the outset when you consider the installers have to spend time trying to fit them in because they weren't custom made for your exact space, so they can take days longer to install than customers expect. Those unexpected installation costs on cheap cabinets from a home improvement store can add up to what it would cost to buy custom cabinets in the first place.
Cabinet Contractors in Mercer County NJ Offer a Variety of Materials and Design Styles
When it comes to custom cabinets, ask the cabinet contractor about the characteristics and performance of different wood choices. It can be difficult to know what to expect based on only a tiny wood sample.
For example, cherry wood will often darken as it ages, and it can have spots that you can't take out. Maple may yellow with age. In both cases, these may still be great choices for you but the best cabinet contractors in Mercer County NJ should tell you about these issues so your choice is an informed one and you're still happy with the new cabinets for years or even decades to come.
Local cabinetmakers in Mercer County NJ offer many materials and styles. They can work with hardwood, unfinished lumber, Formica, veneer sheets, or plywood. For more opulent tastes, cabinetmakers can even build with Granitex, marble, ceramic tile, granite, or laminate.
Good cabinet builders can also make wine rack lattices, vanities, valances, and even change the surface of your appliances to match the new cabinets. They can apply different decorative accents such as marble tops, wood wainscots, combination edges, simulated distressing, louvered doors, molding profiles, or fluted and beaded moldings.
If you prefer something more creative, cabinet makers can stylize kitchen cabinets and cabinet doors for more design intricacy. They can set slab & batten doors, perform center panel face routing, tile and face routing, or mount the doors with a regular overlay or a flushed inset. They can add certain finishing work such as with finger pulls, light bars, decorative pegs, miter cuts, mirrors, hinges, or dovetail drawer boxes.
Ask the cabinet contractors about all the decorative and design options available. Many custom cabinet makers in Mercer County can show you computer visualizations of the new cabinets so you can see how all the different options would look when they are finished and installed, to help make your decision easier.
Cabinet Refacing in Mercer County NJ
There may be reasons to consider cabinet refacing as an alternative to new cabinets, but not all cabinet refacing companies in Mercer County NJ are the same. Some use cheap looking peel-and-stick applications.
But there are some good cabinet refacing companies that use a thick veneer and miter the corners of the cabinets so the edges of that veneer are not exposed. Or cabinet refurbishing may include replacing the cabinet doors and updating the moulding style for a new look.
Some Providers of New Cabinets in Mercer County NJ Are Much Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for cabinets in Mercer County: . Other providers or installers of cabinets in Mercer County NJ that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Cabinet Dealers or Installers in Mercer County NJ
When it comes to buying new cabinets in Mercer County NJ, ask these questions about the experience, credentials, and abilities of the local cabinet installers or cabinet retailers:
• How long have the local cabinet installers been in business or how long has the cabinetmaker been making custom cabinetry?
• How many cabinets have the cabinet companies completed in Mercer County NJ?
• Do the Mercer County cabinet makers or cabinet stores specialize in the type of work you've described? If so, will they show you examples of similar cabinetry design or cabinet installations they've completed?
• Can the cabinet contractor give you names and numbers of past customers who had the same kind of cabinets done who you can call as references? (All cabinet installers or cabinet makers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Can the cabinetmakers build custom cabinets, garage cabinets, wood cabinets, glass cabinets or wall cabinets? Do they have a specialty, or are they able to build all types of cabinets?
• What is the cabinet makers' estimated time frame for completion of your cabinets?
• Will the cabinet makers and cabinet companies provide a detailed, written estimate for new kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets or cabinet storage that is completely itemized, including the amount of material being quoted, the type of fixtures such as the hinges and rails, product brand names and item numbers? (This is important because cheap cabinet installers in Mercer County often only seem cheap because they are using lower quality material that will cost you more in repairs and premature replacement.)
• Do the local cabinet contractors see an obvious change you could make to your specifications that would significantly lower the cost of the estimate, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Similarly, do they see a big gain in performance or visual appeal that can be gained for just a little bit more money?
• Does the Mercer County cabinet contractor have a showroom where you can see different samples of materials and finishes? If not, will the cabinet contractor accompany you to a cabinet showroom to do that, or bring multiple samples to your home?
• Does the new cabinets price include both parts and labor?
• Does the cabinet installer give a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty. If so, what does it cover and for what time period?
• Will the local cabinet companies and cabinet builders provide a written contract?
• Can the cabinet contractor vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All cabinet contractors in Mercer County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All cabinet contractors in Mercer County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Does the cabinet retailer use only their own employees for the installation, or do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
When you've chosen the best cabinet contractors in Mercer County NJ for you, make sure they are registered with the state of New Jersey if the cabinets are being installed in a residential setting, since that's required by law. (All cabinet contractors in Mercer County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their New Jersey state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Tips About Cabinets in Mercer County NJ
Choose the Best Cabinet Contractor in Mercer County NJ For Your Specific Needs
You don't have to hire the first local cabinet maker you can reach. Woodworkers and cabinet contractors in Mercer County have different styles and abilities, and you want be sure the cabinet maker is capable of fulfilling your design preferences for kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets and storage cabinets.
Know What You Want from Local Cabinet Makers and Installers
Ultimately, you'll get the best cabinetry results from a well-communicated plan with your cabinet company. Prepare measurements of the area intended for the cabinets, including any appliances, outlets, etc.
Knowing these considerations ahead of time means that you will be able to measure how well each prospective cabinetmaker is suited and ensures that each cabinet maker will be quoting the same project. You may then better judge which local cabinet builder gives you the best responses to your consistent description.
Shop Around for the Best Kitchen Cabinets and Bathroom Cabinets
You should familiarize yourself with several Mercer County cabinet builders and cabinet makers before signing on to anything. But remember, price is not the only concern. When you get several estimates it will help you determine which cabinetmaker exhibits the best style and aptitude for the exact cabinetry design and custom cabinets you're looking for.
Document Everything When Agreeing to New Cabinetry
Make sure that your choice of cabinet maker in Mercer County NJ provides you with a written description of the work, pricing and time frame for completion. Good cabinet companies will put all the details in writing so there are no unanswered questions. You can never be too thorough with your record keeping when it comes to putting in new custom cabinets in your home.
Make Sure Time Frames Match Before Installing New Cabinets
Particularly with private cabinetmakers in Mercer County and the local area, the length of the project can vary at the cabinetmaker's convenience. So if you have a deadline (especially if it's a gift or you have appliance installations planned around your new cabinets), make sure your cabinet builder can deliver the work punctually.
Make Sure Your Mercer County Cabinetmakers are Listening
From the start, it should be clear that your cabinet maker is listening to the particulars you require. If your Mercer County cabinet designer seems to discount your preferences at any point in the custom cabinet project, he's not the one for you. Ask when you have the slightest doubt about how a job will be handled. There may be decisions that you can make that will help the cabinetmaking job go more smoothly. In the end, the only way to get what you want is to make it clear to your cabinet maker and cabinet company.
Check the Cabinet Company's Work
Before you install your new cabinets or otherwise accept your cabinetmaker's finished product, approve his work. Check for scratches or ill-fitting parts. Make sure all terms of the initial agreement have been met. In the end, you shouldn't have to settle for shoddy workmanship on new custom cabinets from a cabinet company in Mercer County NJ.
Resources About New Cabinets in Mercer County NJ
Associations & Licensing for Local Cabinetmakers and Cabinet Companies in Mercer County NJ
AAW American Association of Woodturners www.woodturner.org
ASFD American Society of Furniture Designers www.asfd.com
ASID American Society of Interior Designers www.asid.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
BIFMA Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association www.bifma.org
CMA Cabinet Makers Association www.cabinetmakers.org
HPVA Hardwood, Plywood, and Veneer Association www.hpva.org
KCMA Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer's Association www.kcma.org
NCA National Craft Association www.craftassoc.com
NKBA National Kitchen and Bath Association www.nkba.org
WMIA Woodworking Machinery Industry Association www.wmia.org
Media & Web Resources for Cabinetmakers and Cabinet Companies in Mercer County NJ
American Woodworker Magazine www.shopwoodworking.com
Cabinet Magazine www.cabinetmagazine.org
Cabinetmaker Magazine www.fdmcdigital.com
Cabinet Maker and Retail Furnisher
Fine Woodworking Magazine www.finewoodworking.com
Machinists Workshop www.machinistsworkshop.net
Popular Woodworking www.popularwoodworking.com
Wood Magazine www.woodmagazine.com
Woodworkers Journal www.woodworkersjournal.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Local Cabinet Contractors in Mercer County NJ within the following zip codes:
8629, 8544, 8691, 8610, 8512, 8628, 8543, 8690, 8609, 8625, 8542, 8650, 8608, 8620, 8540, 8648, 8561, 8619, 8534, 8641-2, 8560, 8618, 8525, 8638, 8550, 8611 and 8520
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Cabinet Companies in Mercer County NJ within the following cities:
Groveville, Hamilton Square, Hightstown, Lawrenceville, Mercerville, Pennington, Princeton Junction, Trenton, Twin Rivers, White Horse, Yardville, East Windsor, Ewing, Hamilton, Hopewell, Lawrence, Princeton, Robbinsville and West Windsor