The Best Landscape Companies in Middlesex County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Landscape companies in Middlesex County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the ones proven by our independent research to have exceeded the minimum Connecticut regulatory requirement.
They are the landscapers that have passed the TOP 10 requirements for value and results, carry insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction them as landscape contractors or landscape designers in Middlesex County CT.
Updated February 12, 2019
The Best Landscape Companies in Middlesex County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Connecticut requires only that landscape companies in Middlesex County CT be registered with the state in order to do residential landscaping, and that they have liability insurance, so there is no state standard for competency and reliability.
Companies for strictly landscape maintenance services have no such requirement, nor do those performing as commercial landscape contractors in Middlesex County CT.
So the state registration for landscaping is no guarantee that any particular landscape contractor in Middlesex County CT is even competent, is doing business ethically, or delivering value to customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all landscape designers and landscape contractors in Middlesex County CT who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, verified state registration, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Landscape Companies in Middlesex County CT Perform Numerous Landscaping Services
Landscape contractors, landscape designers, and landscape architects are equipped to perform a variety of techniques to convert your drab yard into your ideal outdoor environment, whether it's a small garden design or a business park. If you need a complete landscape renovation, they'll start that landscape renovation process by removing and disposing existing vegetation, pests, and weeds.
Because a beautiful garden requires thorough maintenance, landscapers can build certain features into the infrastructure of the landscape that make it easier for future care. They'll can improve the foundation and water efficiency of the yard by installing lawn irrigation and drainage systems, installing sprinkler systems, grading the plot, and laying down new sod.
After the initial landscape work is completed, the best landscapers in Middlesex County CT will begin to sculpt the design of your choice. Some can work with many themes, creating Japanese gardens, deer resistant gardens, Feng Shui designs, xeriscapes, permaculture designs, or eco friendly landscaping designs.
Once the decorative process begins, some landscapers in Middlesex County CT can construct and install trellises, gazebos, or arbors to give the area some texture. They may also be able to do hardscaping like walkways and other hardscape features. When it comes time to bring your yard back to life, landscapers can plant nearly any flora you prefer, includingConnecticut native plants and grasses, olive specimens, junipers, berry vines, or fruits and vegetables.
Good landscapers in Middlesex County usually supply the basics as well, like groundcover, flowerbeds, shrubs and trees. Other structural enhancements include stone hardscapes, terraces, lighting, firepits, outdoor kitchens, and barbecues. Some landscape contractors can also build a number of water features, including koi ponds, fountains, ponds, or waterfalls.
Landscapers even design and install systems to maintain your new water features or make your new garden design eco-friendly. Low moisture plants, drip irrigation, French drains, pond filtration systems, and water-wise irrigation systems can reduce your water bill and keep your yard looking good at the same time.
Some local landscapers in Middlesex County CT can arrange for future landscape maintenance services as well, with follow-up visits that include rototilling, seeding, pruning, weed control, fertilization, erosion care, and arbor care. The best landscapers are versed in all aspects of landscaping in the local climate, so you can trust in their landscape designs and expert advice for your next landscaping project.
Even if your outdoor environment has never been landscaped or the landscape design was done by another landscaping company, some local landscape contractors in Middlesex County are also willing to perform ongoing landscape maintenance services that include garden care, lawn care, grass cutting and more.
Synthetic Grass & Artificial Lawns in Middlesex County CT
Many local landscape firms can install synthetic grass in Middlesex County, often referred to as artificial turf, synthetic grass, artificial lawns or fake grass as an alternative to real sod. Uses for artificial grass include putting greens, bocce courts, playgrounds, sports fields, or other high traffic areas. Artificial lawns do still require some maintenance for the removal of organic debris, but maintenance costs are often still lower for artificial grass due to the lack of weeding and mowing service needed and water conservation. Some types of synthetic grass in Middlesex County get hot with direct exposure to the sun, so the appropriateness of synthetic lawns in Middlesex County depend on the site, the intended use, and exact material the artificial grass is made from.
Ask to make sure the landscape company you choose for artificial lawn installation already has lots of experience with synthetic grass and the issues that are specific to it. Also a company that can offer more than one type of artificial lawn gives you the advantage of options for cost and the material it's made from rather than be pushed into one kind of synthetic turf simply because the company only sells or knows how to install one type of artificial grass.
Synthetic grass and artificial lawns have varied lifespans so look at the manufacturer's warranty. Most artificial turf is warranted to hold its color and integrity for six years or more. Common brands of artificial grass in Middlesex County include Pregra Artificial Grass, SYNLawn, AstroTurf, FieldTurf, ForeverLawn, ProGreen, SmartGrass, Synthetic Turf International.
Some Landscaping Contractors & Landscape Designers in Middlesex County CT Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these landscaping companies and landscape designers in Middlesex County CT: .
Other landscapers in Middlesex County CT that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Landscape Companies in Middlesex County CT
When choosing among landscape companies in Middlesex County CT, ask these questions about their credentials, abilities, and previous experience, before you hire:
• How long have they been a landscape designer or landscape contractor in Middlesex County? (Specific geographic regions have unique soil and weather that affect choices in plants, lawn sprinklers and irrigation systems. Plenty of experience specifically in Middlesex County shows knowledge of these local conditions.)
• How many landscaping projects have they done just like yours, in terms of size, scope, specific elements (water features, lawn sprinkler installation, outdoor kitchen, etc.) residential versus commercial, flood-tolerant plants or those that are sea-spray tolerant, etc.?
• Can the landscape contractor or designer give you names and When choosing which local landscape company in Middlesex County CT to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of landscaping services, credentials, and landscaping methods and materials before deciding.When choosing which local landscape company in Middlesex County CT to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of landscaping services, credentials, and landscaping methods and materials before deciding.numbers of clients that you can call as references? (All landscaping companies in Middlesex County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you an estimate in writing, and full detailed, including the amount of material to be used, brand names, and product numbers? (This is key because cheap landscape companies in Middlesex County CT often only seem cheaper by using lower quality brands or less material).
• Is a permit required either by Middlesex County or by your city? If so, will the landscape company get the permits as part of their cost estimate, or is it an extra cost, or do they leave getting that permit up to you?
• What are the manufacturer warranties on the material to be used?
• Do they provide a written guarantee for their labor, aside from manufacturer warranties, and for how long?
• What is their policy regarding repair or replacement of plants that die after installation and for how long?
• Will they show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All landscape companies in Middlesex County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own employees, or do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies so that you can research them too?
• Can they vouch that all their employees are legal to work in the U.S.? (All landscape companies in Middlesex County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
When you've chosen the best landscape contractors in Middlesex County CT for your specific needs, make sure they are have state registration if the landscaping is residential, since that is required by law. Commercial landscape contractors need no such state registration. (All landscape companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration (if residential) verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Research About Landscape Contractors & Landscape Designers in Middlesex County CT
The following is a list of associations and publications on landscaping contractors & landscape designers.
Associations & Licensing for Landscapers in Middlesex County CT
ANLA American Nursery & Landscape Association www.anla.org
APLD Association of Professional Landscape Designers www.apld.org
APLD Connecticut Chapter www.apldct.org
ASGI Association of Synthetic Grass Installers www.asgi.us
ASLA American Society of Landscape Architects www.asla.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CGKA Connecticut Grounds Keepers Association www.cgka.org
CICA Connecticut Irrigation Contractors Association www.cicaweb.org
CNLA Connecticut Nursery & Landscape Association www.cnla.biz
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection www.ct.gov/dcp
Connecticut Nurserymen's Foundation www.ctnursery.org
CTASLA Connecticut Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects www.ctasla.org
ELA Ecological Landscaping Association www.ecolandscping.org
IA Irrigation Association www.irrigation.org
IALE International Association of Landscape Ecology www.landscape-ecology.org
LDA Landscape Design Association www.ldaonline.org
NLAE Nursery & Landscape Association Executives of North America www.nlae.org
PLANET The Professional Landcare Network www.landcarenetwork.org
Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society www.tfeps.org
TFTS Tropical Flowering Tree Society www.tfts.org
TOS Tropical Orchid Society www.tropicalorchidsociety.org
Web & Media Publications for Gardeners and Landscaping in Middlesex County CT
Deck and Landscape Magazine
Fine Gardening Magazine
Flower and Garden Magazine
Green Industry Landscaping & Garden Magazine
Grounds Maintenance Magazine
Lawn & Landscape Magazine
ProGardenBiz Landscape and Garden Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Landscape Companies in Middlesex County CT within the following zip codes:
6498, 6481, 6480, 6475, 6423, 6455, 6409, 6422, 6442, 6419, 6441, 6417, 6438, 6469, 6416, 6426, 6457, 6413, 6424, 6456 and 6412
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Landscape Contractors in Middlesex County CT within the following cities:
Clinton, Cromwell, Durham, East Haddam, East Hampton, Essex, Haddam, Killingworth, Middletown, Old Saybrook, Portland and Westbrook