The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Companies for fire protection in Morris County NJ bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those fire protection contractors who have exceeded the minimum New Jersey state regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for reliability and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for fire protection in Morris County NJ, including fire sprinklers, fire alarms, fireproofing, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and fire extinguisher recharging.
Updated November 15, 2016
The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of New Jersey requires fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ to be certified by the state if they are installing fire alarms, fire sprinklers or other fire suppression systems, which requires having Level II certification from NICET (National Institute For Certification In Engineering Technologies).
But the state certification for fire alarm or fire sprinkler installers is no guarantee that any particular fire protection contractor in Morris County NJ is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all fire protection companies in Morris County NJ who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state certification, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ Perform Numerous Services
There was a time when the only warning of a fire was the smell of smoke. But fire detection devices that were once exclusively available to industrial clients are now available for private residences. There are fire protection contractors who are trained to enhance the safety of your home with these technologically advanced systems.
Fire protection contractors can install a number of features in your home or commercial property to not only warn you of a fire, but protect you from the damage and financial crises that accompany it. To assess the existing fire risks of your property, fire safety contractors perform hydrostatic testing, safety inspections, fire sprinkler testing and maintenance, fire safety surveys, fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher charging, and remote fire sprinkler monitoring.
Fire protection contractors also offer consultations and free estimates for the design and installation of new fire protection systems with features such as U.L. monitoring, 24 hour dispatching, mobile recharging, high pressure pure air, fixed extinguishing systems, and of course, fire alarms. Some of these companies will even obtain all necessary permits for the installation, repair, or sale of your new fire equipment.
Fire Protection Contractors Provide the Necessary Fire Safety Equipment
Fire safety contractors sell and install many OSHA approved products to protect your home from the danger of a fire. Many of the systems offered are custom designed and can include automatic sprinklers, hood systems, fire extinguishers, back pumps, emergency lights, or exit lights. Most fire protection contractors install the basics, like fire alarm systems, carbon monoxide detectors, and sprinkler systems, but may also install specialty systems known as life safety systems. These intricate systems might include spray booth suppression systems, kitchen range extinguishers, high pressure cylinders, and stand pipes. Some fire safety contractors also sell chemical fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and even first aid kits.
Some Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ: . Other fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ
When it comes to hiring good fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ, first ask these questions about their experience, abilities, and promises:
• How many other fire prevention systems or fire alarm systems like yours have they installed with regards to material, size, commercial versus residential, wet pipe vesus dry pipe, foam water versus water spray or water mist, etc.?
• How long have they been fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ specifically? Greater experience in the specific area suggests more familiarity with local codes and permit requirements.
• Will they give you names and numbers of previous customers for whom they did the same kind of fire protection who you can call? (All fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you their cost estimate in writing, itemized to include the amount of material you're getting, brand names and item numbers? (This is key because cheap fire protection companies in Morris County NJ often only seem cheaper by quoting you less material, or lower quality material that will turn out to be more expensive for you later in extra maintenance, or earlier replacement or repairs.)
• Can they recommend a simple change you could make to the specifications that would significantly lower the cost, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Likewise, do they see a big gain in performance or appearance that you could get for just a little bit more money?
• Are there manufacturer warranties on any of the materials to be used and what are those terms?
• Will they give you a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty? If so, what does it cover exactly and for how long after the installation?
• How long will it take them to complete the project once they begin?
• Do they have a showroom where you can look at samples of different finishes, appearances, styles, or materials? If not, will they bring you samples or go with you to a supply store to do this?
• Will they put in writing that the new fire protection or fire sprinkler system meets the local building code ordinances of your community?
• Will a permit be needed for the new fire sprinklers or fire alarm system? If so, who goes and gets the permits, you or the fire protection system installers?
• Can they vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All fire protection companies in Morris County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own permanent employees, or do they use subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those subcontracted companies so you can research them?
When you've decided on the best fire protection contractors in Morris County NJ for you, make sure they have a certification from the New Jersey Division of Fire Safety since that's required by law of fire suppression systems contractors. (All fire protection contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state certification verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Fire Protection in Morris County NJ
Associations & Licensing Relevant to Fire Sprinklers, Fire Alarms, Fire Protection in Morris County NJ
AFAA Automatic Fire Alarm Association www.afaa.org
AFSA American Fire Sprinkler Association www.sprinklernet.org
AFSA Mid-Atlantic Chapter American Fire Sprinkler Association Mid-Atlantic Chapter www.afsamac.org
AFAANJ Automatic Fire Alarm Association of New Jersey www.afaanj.org
NJAFED New Jersey Association Fire Equipment Distributors www.njafed.com
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
FSSA Fire Suppression Systems Association www.fssa.net
IAFSS International Association of Fire Safety Science www.iafss.org
ICC International Code Council www.iccsafe.org
NAFED National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors www.nafed.org
NASFM National Association of State Fire Marshals www.firemarshals.org
NFSA National Fire Sprinkler Association www.nfsa.org
New Jersey Department of Fire Safety www.state.nj.us/dca/divisions/dfs/
New Jersey Chapter - National Fire Sprinkler Association www.nfsa.org
New Jersey Fire Sprinkler Advisory Board www.njfsab.org
NJSFPPA New Jersey Fire Prevention and Protection Association www.njsfppa.org
New Jersey Fire Sprinker Initiative www.firesprinklerinitiative.org
SFPE Society of Fire Protection Engineers www.sfpe.org
Media & Web Publications
Fire Apparatus Magazine www.fireapparatusmagazine.com
Fire Chief Magazine www.firechief.com
Firehouse Magazine www.firehouse.com/magazine
Fire Protection Association Journal
Fire Protection Contractor Magazine www.fpcmag.com
Fire Protection Engineering Magazine www.magazine.sfpe.org
Fire Protection Magazine
Industrial Fire World Magazine
International Fire Protection Magazine www.ifpmag.mdmpublishing.com
Journal of Fire Protection Magazine www.jfe.sagepub.com
Fire Safety Journal www.journals.elsevier.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection Contractors in Morris County NJ within the following zip codes:
7847, 7981, 7935, 7857, 7802, 7960, 7885, 7842, 7980, 7933, 7856, 7801, 7950, 7878, 7840, 7976, 7932, 7853, 7946, 7876, 7836, 7970, 7930, 7852, 7945, 7870, 7834, 7963, 7928, 7850, 7940, 7869, 7828, 7962, 7927, 7849, 7936, 7866, 7803, 7961, 7926, 7457, 7444, 7440, 7405, 7082, 7005, 7058, 7054, 7046, 7045, 7035 and 7034
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection in Morris County NJ within the following cities:
Budd Lake, Dover, Florham Park, Kinnelon, Lincoln Park, Madison, Morristown, Succasunna, Chatham, Denville, East Hanover, Hanover, Jefferson, Montville, Morris, Mount Olive, Parsippany-Troy Hills, Pequannock, Randolph, Rockaway, Roxbury and Washington