The Best Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Flooring contractors in New Haven County CT bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones that have exceeded the minimum Connecticut regulatory standard.
They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for ability and value, that carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as flooring installers in New Haven County CT or flooring repair, including hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring installation, carpet layers, and more.
Updated February 12, 2019
The Best Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Connecticut requires only that flooring contractors in New Haven County CT be registered with the state for flooring projects over $200. There is no test or exam for competency, merely a fee to be registered, so there is no state standard for competency among flooring contractors. Not even that mere registration is required of those installing commercial flooring.
So obviously, simply being registered with the state is no indication that any particular flooring installer in New Haven County CT is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all new flooring installers in New Haven County CT who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state registration (residential flooring installers only) only employees legal to work in the U.S., best business practices, and more.
Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT Perform Numerous Services
In addition to installing new floors, flooring contractors in New Haven County CT also do floor repair like hardwood floor sanding and refinishing, and other floor restoration.
Some specialize in different niches of the flooring industry (new flooring installation, fabrication, hardwood, linoleum, etc.). Some do strictly residential work, others are strictly commercial flooring contractors, and some do both.
Most flooring contractors install new hardwood flooring, but they might also repair flooring or do floor refinishing. Some flooring contractors can even perform the duties necessary to prepare the subfloor.
Some hardwood flooring contractors in New Haven County CT do every aspect of the installation process from initial fabrication to post-installation flooring finish work. They can custom stain and perform dustless sanding of hard materials, and install other features to embellish the new addition, such as custom moulding, custom milling, custom borders and inlays, inserts, matching baseboards or ceramic tile baseboards.
Some flooring contractors also perform as floor covering installers, meaning carpet layers, and layers of other floor coverings like linoleum.
Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT Work with a Variety of Good Flooring Products
There are many standard, affordable options in the flooring marketplace. Unfortunately, many of them involve some kind of compromise. Lighter, cheap flooring can stain easily, colors may fade with time and some shed or unrelentingly retain odors.
But good flooring contractors in New Haven County CT can install carpeting, laminate and wood flooring options far beyond shag carpet and synthetic linoleum. Materials range anywhere from stain-resistant carpets to environmentally-friendly composites.
With the proliferation of flooring types and technology, the capabilities of the installing contractors have had to progress and multiply as well. Good flooring contractors are equipped to perform precision installation of most laminated or unfinished wood flooring, including red oak, white oak, bamboo (which is technically a grass), fumed oak, Brazilian cherry, hand distressed beech, cherry, or beveled beech.
Flooring contractors may also be acquainted with the techniques necessary to install merbau, ash, maple, hickory, pecan, distressed natural beech, and finished or unfinished exotic hardwood flooring.
Aside from appearance and practicality, there are other factors you may choose to consider when working with a flooring contractor in New Haven County CT. Some flooring contractors offer options in environmentally friendly or sustainable materials, so-called "green flooring", such as vinyl composition tile (VCT), reclaimed hardwoods, reclaimed bamboo, acid-proof dex-o-tex, or other sustainable flooring materials.
Some Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these flooring contractors in New Haven County CT: .
Other flooring contractors in New Haven County CT that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT
When choosing which flooring contractor to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and methods and materials.
• How long have the local flooring installers been in business in New Haven County?
• How many floor covering installations, floor repair or new floor installations have the floor contractors done in New Haven County specifically? (Different areas have different climate and moisture issues which can effect the choice of floor materials or installation methods, and lots of previous installations in your specific climate indicates experience in this regard.)
• How much experience do the flooring installation services have in the exact type of new flooring you want installed?
• Can the New Haven County flooring contractor give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All flooring contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• How long should it take the professional flooring installers to complete your new flooring installation?
• Will you be able to use your home or commercial space while the flooring work is being done, and what level of inconvenience should you be prepared for?
• How do the New Haven County flooring contractors price floor coverings, flooring materials and floor installation?
• Do the flooring contractors in New Haven County CT and the rest of New Haven County do finishing work as well as general flooring installation?
• Does the flooring contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All flooring contractors in New Haven County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will the flooring installation contractors provide a written estimate that includes the exact amount of material to be used, and the brand names and product numbers? (This is important because cheap flooring contractors often only seem to cost less because they're actually using less material or inferior material that will cost more later in repairs or maintenance.)
• Can the flooring contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All flooring companies in New Haven County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How often do the flooring installers in New Haven County clean up and using what method or machines?
• What is the manufacturer warranty on the flooring they are proposing to install?
• Do they give written guarantees on their floor installations aside from manufacturer warranties?
When you've chosen the best flooring contractors in New Haven County CT for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are registered with the state if the project is residential. (All residential flooring companies in New Haven County CT bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state registration verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Resources About Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT
Associations & Licensing for Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org
CFI Certified Floor Covering Installers www.cfi-installers.org
FIANA Floor Installation Association of North America www.fiana.org
FCICA Floor Covering Installation Contractors Association www.fcica.com
MFMA Maple Flooring Manufacturing Association www.maplefloor.org
NALFA North American Laminate Flooring Association www.nalfa.com
NOFMA Wood Flooring Manufacturers Association www.nofma.org
NWFA National Wood Flooring Association www.woodfloors.org
PFIA Professional Flooring Installers Association www.pfia.org
WFCA Wood Floor Covering Association www.wfca.org
Media & Web Resources for Flooring Contractors in New Haven County CT
Floor Covering Installer Magazine www.fcimag.com
Floor Focus Magazine www.floordaily.net
Hardwood Floors Magazine www.hardwoodfloorsmag.com
Jobsite Magazine-Floor Covering
National Floor Trends Magazine www.floortrendsmag.com
Floor Covering News www.fcnews.net
Floor Covering Weekly www.floorcoveringweekly.com
Fabulous Floors Magazine www.fabulousfloorsmagazine.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 new flooring contractors in New Haven County CT within the following zip codes:
6511, 6716, 6517, 6473, 6702, 6510, 6712, 6516, 6472, 6532, 6492, 6710, 6515, 6471, 6525, 6488, 6708, 6514, 6770, 6524, 6483, 6706, 6513, 6762, 6519, 6478, 6705, 6512, 6720, 6518, 6477, 6704, 6450, 6401, 6443, 6437, 6418, 6461, 6410, 6460, 6405, 6451 and 6403
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 flooring installers in New Haven County CT within the following cities:
Ansonia, Cheshire Village, Derby, East Haven, Heritage Village, Meriden, Naugatuck, New Haven, North Haven, Orange, Waterbury, West Haven, Woodmont, Beacon Falls, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Middlebury, Milford, North Branford, Oxford, Prospect, Seymour, Southbury, Wallingford, Wolcott and Woodbridge