The Best Sign Companies in Philadelphia County PA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Sign makers and sign contractors in Philadelphia County PA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for safety and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as sign contractors in Philadelphia County PA, including custom sign makers for new sign fabrication, as sign erectors, or sign repair and maintenance, and including sandblasted signs, subdivision signs, neon signs, electric signs, vehicle wraps, vehicle graphics, vinyl banners, vehicle lettering, and more.
Updated November 04, 2016
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Philadelphia, PA 19130
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Philadelphia, PA 19133
Philadelphia, PA 19154
The Best Sign Companies in Philadelphia County PA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Pennsylvania does not require any state license of sign contractors in Philadelphia County PA, so there's no state standard for competency among sign companies, with the exception of electric sign contractors who do require a state electrical license.
Without state license oversight there is no mechanism that requires sign installers to first show the state proof of worker's comp insurance or liability insurance and both are critical to you. If an employee of theirs were injured on your property and the sign company doesn't have workers' comp, you will be held liable. Similarly if any accidental damage occurs to your property and the sign company doesn't have liability insurance, you will be on the hook for it.
This makes it all the more significant that all sign companies in Philadelphia County PA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff, and have had to pass all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, verified state license (for electrical sign contractors), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
In addition to being sign designers and sign installers, sign contractors also conduct site surveys in preparation for sign installations, and perform sign maintenance and repair like replacing missing sign letters, wiring repair for electrical signs including digital and LED signage, replacing neon bulbs, routine sign cleaning, and more.
Most sign makers in Philadelphia County PA do not need a state license either because they are sign makers only leaving the intallation to others, or they make and install items that don't require a licensed contractor such as vehicle lettering, vehicle wraps, vinyl banners, vehicle graphics, real estate signs, trade show signs and trade shows displays, window graphics, magnetic signs, gold leaf window letter and more.
The best sign companies in Philadelphia County PA will make the time to find out your intended results and advise you on sign options you might not have been aware of for everything from vinyl banners and vehicle wraps to building signs, yard signs, magnetic signs, tradeshow signs for tradeshow displays, real estate signs, church signs, vehicle graphics and car wraps, business signs, coroplast signs, decals, interior signs, glass etched signs, sandblasted subdivision signs and more. Those with experience will know what has worked for previous customers seeking to accomplish the same thing you are, and this advice can save you money and/or boost your results significantly.
Some sign companies in Philadelphia County PA are also dealers of trophies, plaques and do the engraving for those, and other awards and promotional items including silk screened shirts. Most also print name badges, name plates, color badges, indentification badges, and more.
Some Sign Companies in Philadelphia County PA Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for signs in Philadelphia County PA: Colorcraft Sign Co Beverly NJ, Bernard Sign Corp Philadelphia PA, New Philadelphia Sign Co Philadelphia PA, Davidson Neon Design Philadelphia PA, Atlas Signs Inc Philadelphia PA, Gazelle Signs Philadelphia PA, Forman Signs Co Philadelphia PA. Other companies repairing, fabricating, or erecting signs in Philadelphia County PA who might still be in business include: Allstate Sign Co Philadelphia PA, Allied Sign Philadelphia PA, Screen Craft Signs Philadelphia PA.
Questions To Ask Installers Or Makers of Signs in Philadelphia County PA
When choosing which sign makers or sign installers to hire, ask these questions about their range of services, previous experience, credentials, materials and methods:
Questions For Makers of Signs in Philadelphia County PA:
• Are they a genuine sign company or are they merely a sign broker?
• Do they offer sign design? If so, what is their design background, education, or qualifications?
• Are they sign makers, or sign installers, or both? If both, are they doing the installation themselves or they are subcontracting it out to a sign contractor and if so, which one?
• Will the sign company give you client names and numbers you can call as references? (All sign companies in Philadelphia County PA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they offer a written guarantee on their work and for how long? Is there a written warranty on the sign itself whether or not they are the sign manufacturer?
• How many signs do they do each year that are the same kind as yours? There can be a difference in the experience required to do proper sign design or sign installation between different types of signage, such as neon signs versus pole signs, electrical signs versus monument signs, pylon signs versus channel letter signs, etc.
• Can they do computer design visuals of your specific property so you can see how different options in new signage would look before making a decision among all the options of sign type, size, color, etc.?
• After you explain what you want, is there a similar, but less expensive alternative to what you've asked for and what would you lose? Similarly, is there a big leap in quality or function that can be had for just a little bit more money?
• Will they give you a detailed bid in writing for the new signage including the exact materials used to make your sign (type and amount of paint, thickness of metal) construction method, fastening method, etc? This is important. A cheap sign company may only appear less expensive because they've left out important details from the bid, preventing you from seeing that you're getting much less than what another sign company has quoted.
• If you're getting a bid for an electric sign including neon signs or LED signs, can they help you estimate your monthly or annual energy cost to run it? Can they help you compare the energy costs among different options in electric signs?
• In the case of signs requiring metal work, will the letters be welded together or merely screwed, stapled or pop-riveted? Welding gives better structural integrity and some cities in Philadelphia County or landlords may require welded sign letters.
• For sign companies doing vehicle wraps such as vinyl car wraps, what brand and grade of vinyl will they be using? (One way some companies merely appear cheaper is by using thinner or inferior vinyl car wraps that quickly fade or peel).
Questions For Installers of Signs in Philadelphia County PA:
• Do they offer ongoing sign maintenance or sign repair services for the new signage after installation?
• What permits for the signage will be required for your area of Philadelphia County? Will they be pulling the necessary permits or do they expect you to do that? If they will, is that cost included in their price quote or is it extra and by how much?
• How many other signs have they installed in Philadelphia County? How many in your town? This can be an indication of how familiar they are, or not, with state, county, or city ordinances regarding signs.
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will they undertake to do a thorough sign survey of your property first?
• Can the sign contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All sign companies in Philadelphia County PA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• How well does the sign company know the installation crew coming to your property? Are they using trained, long term employees, or do they use temporary labor on a project-by-project basis? Remember, the owner of the sign company may be a licensed sign contractor but his employees probably aren't and employee abilities and degree of professionalism can vary widely.
• Does the sign contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance for your protection? (All sign contractors in Philadelphia County PA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Once you've got answers to these questions, you're ready to review their bid. Price should rarely be the determining factor since cheap signs in Philadelphia County PA usually aren't the best signs and it can cost you more to repair or replace than if you chose the best sign company to begin with.
When you've chosen the best sign company in Philadelphia County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing with a Pennsylvania state license if they are doing an electrical signs for you. (All sign companies in Philadelphia County PA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Signage in Philadelphia County PA
The following is a list of trade associations relevant to signage in Philadelphia County PA:
ISA (International Sign Association)
NASSD (National Association of Sign Supply Distributors)
USSC (United States Sign Council)
Northeast States Sign Association
The following are publications relevant to signage in Philadelphia County PA
SignWeb - The Signmakers' Resource
Sign Builder Illustrated
Sign & Digital Graphics Trade Magazine
If you are looking for sign makers or sign installers, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signage in Philadelphia County PA within the following zip codes:
19123, 19192, 19109, 19142, 19129, 19115, 19148, 19102, 19135, 19122, 19154, 19108, 19141, 19128, 19114, 19147, 19134, 19121, 19153, 19107, 19140, 19127, 19113, 19146, 19133, 19120, 19152, 19106, 19139, 19126, 19112, 19145, 19132, 19119, 19151, 19105, 19138, 19125, 19111, 19144, 19131, 19118, 19150, 19104, 19137, 19124, 19110, 19143, 19130, 19116, 19149, 19103 and 19136
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Companies for Signs in Philadelphia County PA within the following cities:
Philadelphia, Center City, Olney, Oak Lane, Chestnut Hill, Germantown, Roxborough, Manayunk and Kensington