The Best Fire & Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA Are Proven Safe To Hire
Fire and water damage restoration contractors in Plymouth County MA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are the fire/water damage repair services that have exceeded the minimum Massachusetts regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency and value, have liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for fire and water damage repair or clean up in Plymouth County MA, including smoke odor removal, flood damage clean up and more.
Updated November 20, 2020
The Best Fire & Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA Are Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Massachusetts requires water and fire damage restoration contractors in Plymouth County MA to be registered with the state in order to do residential damage repair and restoration work. Trauma scene, crime scene and fire water damage clean up services in Plymouth County MA that are doing cleaning only, without repairing or removing structural elements do not need that state license.
But even the state license is no guarantee that any particular contractor for fire water damage restoration in Plymouth County MA is doing business ethically, providing real value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all companies for fire water damage in Plymouth County MA that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, including survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state registration (for those doing not merely cleaning but also build-back), only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fire Damage / Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA Perform Numerous Services
After a fire or flood it might seem like your home has suffered irreparable damage, but there are professionals who devote themselves to these kinds of tasks. Fire / water damage cleanup services in Plymouth County MA perform disaster loss management services exclusively and some of them provide immediate response for 24 hour emergency fire & water damage cleanup in Plymouth County MA.
Fire and water damage restoration in Plymouth County MA is a highly specialized process for which regular contractors are not equipped. Some fire & water damage restoration contractors in Plymouth County MA perform content restoration, biohazard remediation, or structure restoration in both residential and commercial buildings. Many of these fire & water damage repair services in Plymouth County MA are available for emergencies, which means they can begin work within 24 hours of the damaging event. They can initially assess the damage with leak pinpointing, thermal investigations, or allergen and indoor air testing.
As far as damage control capabilities, fire damage / water damage contractors in Plymouth County MA can do smoke damage repair, soot removal, carpet drying, deodorizing, and stain removal. As part of this they might also do upholstery cleaning, wood floor drying, disinfecting, water extraction, rapid structural drying, and odor removal.
Some might perform related services such as trauma crime scene cleanup or sewage spill clean up services, with the disinfecting required in both instances.
Some of the services for fire and water damage clean up in Plymouth County MA are IICRC or WLI certified in comprehensive fire and water damage cleanup including cleaning drapery, black water, flood damage, or damage from vandalization. In addition to the standard cleaning procedures, some fire and water damage contractors offer services to ease your transition in the aftermath of the disaster recovery, such as insurance claim processing, moving and storage, fine art restoration, document drying, book drying, electronics drying, carpet re-stretching and repair, burn repair, and repainting.
Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA Use State-of-the-Art Technology
Fire and water damage contractors can efficiently repair damage caused by a flood or fire with specially high powered specialty equipment. They assess the situation with thermal detectors or infrared technology, they can use dehumidifiers to dry out flooded areas, flood pumpers, dry foggers, disinfectants, antimicrobials, or ozone generators. Certain contractors go beyond simple cleaning procedures to protect damaged areas from future deterioration by applying DuPont, Teflon, or Scotchguard products.
Some Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these local fire and water damage contractors in Plymouth County MA: .
Other companies for fire & water damage repair and clean up in Plymouth County MA that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Fire Water Damage Clean Up Services in Plymouth County MA
Step 1: Describe the Fire or Water Damage
With each fire and water damage repair contractor, explain the details of the damage that occurred. Be consistent in the way that you describe the situation so that each local fire and water damage contractor in Plymouth County will have an opportunity to bid on the same job specifications. Know ahead of time if you need only fire & water damage clean up services or if you require complete fire & water damage structural restoration, often referred to as build-back.
Step 2: Answer Questions of the Plymouth County Fire & Water Damage Clean Up Companies and Take Notes
Allow the local fire and water damage contractors the opportunity to ask about the features of your job and pay attention to the points that they may have. How detailed are their questions? Does the contractor seem adequately knowledgeable about the issues that need attention? Do they seem as interested as you are in returning your property to pre-fire or pre-water damage condition?
Step 3: Ask Questions & Take Notes of all Fire & Water Damage Restoration Contractors
Pose any questions you may have for Plymouth County fire & water damage contractors. Take notes on the answers to questions as well as your impression of the interview. Remember, you will see better results if you can comfortably and openly deal with the water and fire damage contractors. Afterward, look at all the notes that you took before and during the question and answer session and use them to update information you already had for each fire and water damage contractor.
The following list of questions will help guide your evaluation.
• How long have the fire & water damage contractors been in business in Plymouth County MA?
• Do they offer only fire & water damage clean up services (like water removal), or are they also able to do fire & water damage repair and structural restoration build back?
• How many jobs have the fire and water damage contractors completed in Plymouth County MA?
• Do the local fire & water damage contractors specialize in the type of damage repair services you've described to them?
• What additional services might the water/flood and fire/smoke damage repair contractors provide? Examples include coordinating with your insurance company, insurance claim processing, fine art repair, book drying, etc.
• Do the fire or water damage repair services have references you can contact? (All fire & water damage restoration companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customers references called by our research staff.)
• What will the timing be on bidding and completing the fire & water damage repair?
• Will they show you copies of their liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance? (All disaster recovery services in Plymouth County MA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Will the Plymouth County fire damage/water damage repair contractors provide a detailed estimate in writing?
• Do the local water and fire damage construction companies have any industry certifications?
• Can they prove to you that all their employees are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All damage restoration companies in Plymouth County MA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have signed an agreement to hire only documented workers.)
• Will you be required to relocate while the fire & water damage repair contractor is working on your site?
• Will permits be needed? If so, will the local fire & water damage repair company get them, or do they expect you to do so?
• Does the Plymouth County fire & water damage repair company actually do all the work itself, or do they hire out to subcontractors?
• If they use subcontractors, will they collect and give you a lien release from each subcontractor as assurance for you that those subcontractors will not file a lien on your property for any claims against the fire & water damage restoration company, such as if they are not paid on time?
• What kind of warranty do each of the water & fire damage contractors offer?
• Will the fire/water damage repair services provide you with a written contract?
• What methods or special equipment do they use for moisture detection and drying and other technology specific to fire & water damage clean up?
When you've chosen the best fire water damage repair contractors in Plymouth County MA for your specific needs make sure they are registered with the state of Massachusetts if they are doing removal or repair of structural elements. Companies doing only disaster clean-up need no such registration. (All damage restoration contractors in Plymouth County MA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their state registration verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Fire & Water Damage Repair in Plymouth County MA
Associations & Licensing Relevant to Fire & Water Damage Clean-up, Repair, Restoration in Plymouth County MA
AIHA American Industrial Hygiene Association www.aiha.org
ASCR Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration www.ascr.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
CDC Centers for Disease Control www.cdc.gov
CUCI Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning Institute www.ascr.org/institutes/cuci
DRI Disaster Recovery Institute www.drii.org
IAQA Indoor Air Quality Association www.iaqa.org
IDRA International Disaster Recovery Association www.idra.com
IICRC Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification www.iicrc.org
NAFA National Air Filtration Association www.nafahq.org
NIDR National Institute of Disaster Restoration www.ascr.org/institutes/nidr
Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation www.mass.gov/ocabr/
MEMA Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/mema/
Massachusetts EDS - Emergency Disaster Services www.massachusetts.salvationarmy.org/MA/EDS
RIA Restoration Industry Association www.restorationindustry.org
WLI Water Loss Institute www.ascr.org/institutes/wli
Media & Web Resources Relevant to Fire and Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA
Cleaning and Restoration Magazine
Industrial Fire World Magazine
Insurance Journal: The Property Casualty Magazine
International Fire Protection Magazine
Waste Age Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Fire / Water Damage Contractors in Plymouth County MA within the following zip codes:
2770, 2739, 2738, 2338, 2558, 2351, 2303, 2367, 2333, 2554, 2347, 2302, 2366, 2332, 2538, 2346, 2301, 2364, 2331, 2532, 2345, 2361, 2330, 2382, 2341, 2576, 2360, 2327, 2379, 2339, 2571, 2359, 2324, 2370, 2051, 2018, 2050, 2047, 2045, 2066, 2043, 2061, 2041, 2059 and 2020
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Fire and Water Damage Restoration Services in Plymouth County MA within the following areas:
Abington, Brockton, Hull, Bridgewater, Carver, Duxbury, East Bridgewater, Halifax, Hanover, Hanson, Hingham, Kingston, Lakeville, Marshfield, Mattapoisett, Middleborough, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Rockland, Scituate, Wareham, West Bridgewater and Whitman