How To Find the Best Elevator Companies in San Mateo County CA
The best local elevator contractors in San Mateo County provide a range of services, from commercial elevator service and maintenance to home elevator installation. Since the variety of elevator services varies widely among companies, it's smart to call local elevator companies to find out what services they provide.
Services may include elevator inspections, elevator repair and routine maintenance, panel repairs, elevator door repair, commercial elevator services, elevator installation, elevator modernization, elevator cab repairs and renovations, and more. Buildings serviced can include hospital and health care facility elevators, industrial and commercial elevators, and commercial service elevators.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best elevator companies in San Mateo County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated November 21, 2018
How To Find the Best Elevator Companies in San Mateo County CA
In order to make and install new elevators or offer elevator repair and maintenance services, local elevator companies in San Mateo County are required to have valid C11 licenses from the state of California. If a licensed elevator contractor has employees, they are required to have workers' compensation insurance for the protection of their clients and employees. If an elevator company employee were to be injured on your property and the elevator company doesn't have insurance coverage, the injured employee could file suit against your property insurance, resulting in higher premiums for you, policy cancellation, or even a suit against you if your own insurance won't cover it.
Elevator companies in San Mateo County are not legally required to have general liability insurance; however, all elevator repair, fabrication, and installation companies bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten designation have general liability insurance coverage, which reimburses their clients in the event of any damages, in addition to passing all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten, such as phone calls to previous clients, hiring only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
In addition to building new elevators and installing new elevators, local elevator contractors in San Mateo County and your area may also provide elevator remodels of existing elevators and provide options of finishes and materials for the interior, such as laminate, stainless steel, brass and more.
Some elevator companies also specialize in preservation, repair or retrofits of historical elevators, such as those with ornate wood interiors or originally manually operated elevators in older and historic buildings. Still others can provide elevator modernization services for slow-running elevators, elevators missing modern safety features, those experiencing frequent break-downs, and overly warm or noisy elevators. Some local elevator companies can also provide emergency phones and elevator camera systems. You should understand the equipment and brands installed, however, because some elevator service companies install proprietary equipment that can prevent other elevator contractors from working on it in the future.
Elevator maintenance services are also available in Redwood City and throughout San Mateo County CA that provide routine mechanical examinations, replace lubrication and hydraulic oils, replace non-working buttons and indicator lights, and repair or replace elevator wiring and worn parts.
Good elevator contractors in San Mateo County can handle some or all aspects of elevator installations, elevator repair, and elevator maintenance, including motors, cable and wire rope, guides, counterweights, elevator doors (including sidewalk elevator doors, elevator phones, elevator cameras, and all other equipment associated with electrical elevators, hydraulic elevators, and even manually operated elevators including historic elevators. This also may include elevators for the home and other residential elevator needs, passenger elevators, and freight elevators.
Some Elevator Services in San Mateo County Are Much Better than Others
For your protection, choose among licensed, insured, vetted elevator contractors who have a good reputation for quality work and attention to customer service.
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for elevators in San Mateo County CA: Bleyle Elevator Inc Pacifica CA, Vintage Elevator Services Inc Belmont CA, Star Elevator Inc San Carlos CA. Other elevator companies in Redwood City CA that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Local Elevator Companies & Elevator Repair Contractors in San Mateo County CA
Ask Questions of Local Elevator Contractors and Elevator Maintenance Services
When choosing which elevator contractor in San Mateo County CA or local elevator service company to hire, ask the right questions about their experience, range of services, credentials, and manufacturer relationships. The following sample questions may help:
- How long has the elevator company been servicing commercial elevators or residential elevators in San Mateo County CA?
- How many other clients do the local elevator companies currently have?
- Can the local elevator company give you names and numbers you can call as references? (All elevator contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
- How much experience does the San Mateo County elevator company have making, installing, repairing, or remodeling elevators of your exact type? Elevators for the home and vintage elevators for example, might require different expertise, as can freight elevators versus passenger elevators.
- Will the elevator contractor be using or installing proprietary equipment that locks out other elevator companies and limits your future choice of companies to hire?
- Regarding elevator maintenance services, do the elevator companies require a contract? If so, for what time period?
- Do they provide 24/7 emergency service?
- How will the San Mateo County elevator company determine pricing?
- Does the elevator contractor have a relationship with only one manufacturer that they service, install, and recommend to clients, or do they offer choices among multiple elevator manufacturers?
- What warranties and guarantees does the elevator contractor offer separate from any manufacturer warranties, or is the contractor's labor warrantied by the manufacturer?
- Can the elevator contractor prove that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All elevator companies in San Mateo County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed agreements to only hire documented workers.)
- Does the elevator contractor have active workers' compensation and general liability insurance, and are they willing to show you documented proof of that insurance? (All elevator contractors in San Mateo County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already shown proof of insurance to research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
- In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will the elevator contractors in San Mateo County undertake to do a thorough assessment of the property or of the existing elevator in the case of an elevator remodel or modernization?
- Will the elevator contractors be performing all the work themselves, or will they be subcontracting out any part of the job? If they hire subcontractors, what is the name of that company, and can they show you proof of license and insurance?
- If the work is for an in-home elevator (residential elevator), will you have access to your home during the project?
- If the work is for a commercial elevator or industrial elevator, will it be out of commission while the service is being completed?
When you've chosen the best elevator company in San Mateo County for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are still licensed in good standing. (All local elevator companies in San Mateo County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their licenses verified by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
Resources About Elevator Services in San Mateo County
Trade Associations Relevant to Elevator Companies in Redwood City CA and San Mateo County Elevator Services
NEII (National Elevator Industry Inc)
ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers International)
EESF (Elevator & Escalator Safety Foundation)
IAEC (International Association of Elevator Consultants)
NAESAI (National Association Elevator Safety Authorities International)
NAEC (National Association of Elevator Contractors)
NIBS (National Institute of Building Sciences)
Publications Relevant to Elevator Companies in Redwood City CA and San Mateo County Elevator Contractors
Elevator Radio Show
Elevator Industry Jobsite Safety
If you are looking for an elevator company for elevator repairs, elevator maintenance, elevator installation, or emergency elevator services, The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Elevator Contractors in San Mateo County within the following zip codes:
94017, 94016, 94011, 94083, 94064, 94037, 94026, 94018, 94027, 94019, 94060, 94128, 94404, 94044, 94070, 94062, 94038, 94098, 94014, 94030, 94096, 94080, 94010, 94028, 94066, 94403, 94015, 94025, 94065, 94402, 94005, 94021, 94063, 94401, 94002, 94020, 94061 and 94074
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Elevator Services in San Mateo County within the following cities:
Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Broadmoor Village, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Emerald Hills, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, La Honda, Loma Mar, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Moss Beach, Pacifica, Palomar Park, Pescadero, Portola Valley, Princeton by the Sea, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Gregorio, San Mateo, Sharp Park, South SF, West Menlo Park, Woodside, El Granada and Montara