How to Find the Best Staffing Services & Recruiters in San Mateo County
Temporary Agencies (temp agencies) in Redwood City and San Mateo County, also known as job placement agencies, employment agencies and temp staffing services, can arrange temporary employees (temps), contract workers, and temporary-to-permanent employees (temp-to-perm employees). Other kinds of firms, so-called "headhunters" or executive recruiters can fill higher-paid permanent positions by getting you people already successfully employed in that same position at another company. Remember, cheap staffing services in Redwood City are often not the best staffing services.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report identifies the best staffing & temp services in San Mateo County and issues related to hiring them.
Updated November 22, 2016
How to Find the Best Staffing Services & Recruiters in San Mateo County
Staffing services in San Mateo County are not required to be licensed by the State, nor are they legally required to have professional liability insurance to protect you the client from financial loss due to an error, however all staffing services bearing The Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have liability insurance for your protection, in addition to passing all of the other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 such as our research phone calls to their previous clients to verify high satisfaction, hiring only documented workers, sufficient length of time in business, clean complaint record, and more.
Choose Good Temp Agencies in San Mateo County
Temp agencies and staffing services in San Mateo County offer various types of job placement services ranging from short-term employees and contract employees to long-term and even temporary-to-permanent employees. To be sure you're getting the best temps or permanent employees available in San Mateo County for the positions you need filled, make sure you've chosen one of the good temp agencies in Redwood City.
Temporary agencies / temp agencies in San Mateo County are employment agencies that fill temporary positions. These temporary employment firms may supply contract employees or seasonal employees as short-term temporary staffing solutions. Other temporary job placement agencies specialize in temporary-to-permanent job placement (also called temp-to-perm employment), where you hire temporary employees that you can later convert to permanent employees by paying an additional fee to the temp agency, usually a flat fee that was specified at the time of hire of the temp, or a percentage of the total annual pay for the permanent position you wish to hire the temp for.
Job search firms and executive search firms are often industry-specific staffing services that find temporary workers or permanment employees for businesses in Redwood City. These job search firms often specialize in technology fields or other specific industry groups that require a skilled workforce.
Contingency employment agencies are those job banks and temp firms in San Mateo County that fill low- and mid-level positions. Contingency employment agencies supply temp employees in San Mateo County on an as-needed basis and may not have a formal relationship with the companies for which they find temporary employees.
Retained search firms in San Mateo County are staffing services that have long-term relationships with their business clients. These retained search firms usually supply senior-level employment candidates or highly skilled temporary employees. Search firms are always looking for qualified, skilled temporary employees that fit the specific requirements of their clients for which they provide temporary and temporary-to-permanent employees in San Mateo County.
Headhunters / Executive Recruiters in San Mateo County typically specialize in certain industries. They will recruit candidates for the permanent position you need filled by making calls to people already in that role at another company, often your competitors. But some headhunters and executive recruiters in San Mateo County do accept and file resumes on an ongoing basis from qualified applicants until the need arises based on a request they get from a client.
HR Outsourcing in San Mateo County are not merely staffing services but companies to whom all human resourcing is outsourced. As Human Resource Outsourcing services, or a PEO (Professional Employer Organization), they are the employer of record for the staff they provide and become a co-employer of your current employees while they take care of adminstration of all your employees including tax adminstration, employee benefits management, workers' comp insurance, etc.
Shop Ahead of Time for Temp Agencies in San Mateo County
Many businesses don't think about finding a temporary help service ahead of time. Instead, they end up relying on the first temp agency they can reach in a staffing emergency. However, your business can save money by thinking about and planning for a relationship with a local temp agency in San Mateo County before you need them.
Temp firms provide different levels of staffing services, so it's important to build relationships with temp agencies and job recruiters in San Mateo County so you'll know the good ones you can rely on when the time comes.
Some temporary employment agencies in Redwood City CA only contract certain types of temps with specific job skills, such as technical staffing, clerical staffing services, or medical staffing services in San Mateo County CA. So before you need immediate staffing services, make sure the staffing service can supply the right kind of temporary employees for your business on short notice.
If your business needs to hire temp employees to work with high security information, be sure to ask each of the temp agencies about their screening process for new hires. The best temp agencies in San Mateo County are bonded and insured to cover any theft or security breaches by temporary employees.
How To Save Money By Hiring Temps Through Temp Agencies in Redwood City
You can save money if you develop an ongoing relationship now with good staffing services and executive recruiters in San Mateo County, because many offer special rates for temporary help if you contract to hire exclusively through their employment agency or recruiting firm. Others may waive fees during a specified training period for companies that need to first train the temporary workers for special projects.
Most importantly, the best temp agencies in Redwood City guarantee the services of their temporary workers. That means if a temp doesn't work out, they will find another contract employee to fill the position free of charge or will waive any fees for temporary workers who do not work out.
Hiring so-called permatemps in San Mateo County is another way to save money with temporary workers. These temporary employees are still employed through the temp agencies in San Mateo County, so you don't usually have to pay for benefits or pay taxes on their labor. The hiring company also has fewer responsibilities to these temporary employees, meaning they can be laid off or replaced at any time. Yet these permatemps are long-term temporary employees who perform work similar to that of regular employees.
If your firm is looking to hire permanent employees in San Mateo County but you'd like to try them in temp jobs as a trial first, talk with some of the staffing services beforehand. There's usually additional fees if later you wish to transition the temporary employees into permanent positions at your company. Consider these fees ahead of time when choosing among the temp agencies.
Find Temp Jobs in Redwood City
If you're looking for temp jobs in Redwood City, know that temporary staffing services find temp jobs for more than two million people nationally every day. Temp agencies in Redwood City CA hire contract employees, short-term and long-term employees and temp-to-perm employees in positions ranging from assistants to CEOs.
Many like the freedom offered by some temp jobs in San Mateo County. Some temporary jobs last only one or two days, while other short-term employment positions are only a week or two in duration. This means you can try out a number of temp positions in various fields. This flexibility and the varied work assignments offered by many temp jobs can appeal to younger workers and recent college graduates.
You can also find long-term employment and even permanent jobs through job placement services in Redwood City. In fact, the ASA (American Staffing Association) says that more than 90% of American companies hire temporary employees through employment agencies and many of those jobs last for months, with many offering the option for San Mateo County temporary employees to transition to full-time jobs.
There are a few important items to verify with employment firms in San Mateo County:
• Be sure the temp agencies you're applying to specialize in the type of work you are seeking. Some employment firms and headhunters only accept job applications from individuals with certain qualifications or for certain positions. Others may only hire temporary workers for full time or part time positions.
• If you're looking for temporary to permanent employment, ask upfront about the possibility of long-term job placement and temp-to-perm employment.
• Ask temp agencies in San Mateo County about their contract specifications. Some employment services offer benefits, holidays, bonuses and 401K benefits.
• Before you accept temporary jobs through employment agencies, ask about contract specifications including if and how the temp agencies intervene if there is a conflict and what type of notice is required if you plan to leave your temporary job.
• Find out if you will be considered a self-employed independent contractor or an employee of the temp agencies when you work though staffing services in Redwood City. Self-employed independent contractors must carry their own insurance and pay self-employment taxes while temp agencies often cover insurance and tax responsibilities for their temps.
Some Temp Agencies in San Mateo County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these companies for staffing in San Mateo County CA: Coretechs Inc Redwood City CA, Pelican Resources Registry Millbrae CA, Administaff Inc San Mateo CA, Pro Unlimited Burlingame CA, Tempcare LLC San Mateo CA, JTI Staffing LLC Brisbane CA, R&R Staffing Inc San Mateo CA, AppleOne Temporary & Full-Time Employment Services San Mateo CA, Artizen Staffing Services Redwood City CA, Aerotek Recruiting & Staffing S. San Francisco South San Francisco CA. Other staffing services in Redwood City CA that might still be in business include: Manpower Staffing Services San Mateo San Mateo CA, Serv-All Employment Agency San Bruno CA, Kelly Services - San Mateo San Mateo CA.
Questions to Ask Staffing Services in Redwood City CA
When it comes to hiring from a temp agency or a recruitment service in San Mateo County, ask these questions about their abilities, specialities, experience, and credentials.
• How large is their current pool of temporary employees or candidates for permament staffing?
• How long have they been in business?
• How soon can the temps start at your business? How long in advance do they usually need requests for temps?
• How long have they been providing staffing services in San Mateo County CA specifically? (A national franchise may have years in business but the local owner you're speaking to could be relatively new to the industry.)
• How many clients do they have in the same industry as you and with a similar number of employees as you do?
• How much experience can they show with just the type of employee you need specifically, such as their experience in medical staffing services, versus clerical staffing services, versus technical staffing services, executive staffing, etc.?
• What is their fee structure?
• What would the fee be later if you decide to make the temp a permanent hire at your business?
• Can they give you names and phone numbers of clients that you call as references? (All staffing services bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• Are the temporary employees (temps) insured by the temp agencies? Whose insurance pays if they are injured on your company's time or premises?
• How do they screen temporary employees and contract workers for safety and reliability?
• How do they screen candidates for legal employment status in the U.S.?
• Will they show you proof of professional liability insurance (such as Errors & Omissions) which protects you from paying fines in the event of a mistake? (All temp agencies or staffing firms bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they attend continuing education courses? If so, how often? This is important to be able to stay current with constant changes in the state and federal labor laws.
• Will the headhunters in San Mateo County offer any discounts on the executive recruiting contract for recruiting for multiple positions at once, or by you agreeing to make them your exclusive executive recruiting firm?
When you've chosen the best temp agency or staffing service in San Mateo County for your specific needs, make sure they have a clean complaint record. (All staffing services bearing the Prime Buyer's Report—TOP 10 symbol have already had their complaint status checked by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
Research About Staffing Services & Recruiters in San Mateo County CA
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations Relevant to Temp Staffing in San Mateo County CA
ASA American Staffing Association www.americanstaffing.net/index.cfm
CSP California Staffing Professionals www.cspnet.org
IACPR International Association for Corporate & Professional Recruitment www.iacpr.org
NAPS National Association of Personnel Services www.recruitinglife.com
NPA National Personnel Associates www.npainc.com
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
SHRM Society of Human Resources Management www.shrm.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Media Related to Staffing & Recruitment in San Mateo County CA
Executive Recruiter News
Staffing Law Digest
Staffing Success Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Staffing Services & Recruiters in San Mateo County CA within the following zip codes:
94011, 94083, 94064, 94037, 94026, 94018, 94017, 94016, 94062, 94038, 94098, 94014, 94030, 94096, 94080, 94010, 94028, 94066, 94403, 94015, 94025, 94065, 94402, 94005, 94021, 94063, 94401, 94002, 94020, 94061, 94074, 94027, 94019, 94060, 94128, 94404, 94044 and 94070
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for TOP 10 Staffing Services & Recruiters in San Mateo County CA within the following cities:
Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Broadmoor Village, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Emerald Hills, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, La Honda, Loma Mar, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Moss Beach, Pacifica, Palomar Park, Pescadero, Portola Valley, Princeton by the Sea, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Gregorio, San Mateo, Sharp Park, South SF, West Menlo Park, Woodside, El Granada and Montara