The Best Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Tile contractors in San Mateo County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are the tile setters that have exceeded the minimum California regulatory standard.
They are the professional tiling contractors proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who hire only documented workers, and for whom our staff have called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as tile installers or for tile repair in San Mateo County CA, including ceramic tile, glass tile, and more.
Updated February 12, 2019
San Mateo, CA 94402
Daly City, CA 94015
South SF, CA 94080
The Best Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of California requires tile contractors in San Mateo County CA to be licensed by the state, such as with the C54 contractor's license specifically for tile setting and tile repair which requires passing a test.
But even the state license for tile setters is no guarantee that any particular tile contractor in San Mateo County CA is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying their customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all contractors for new tile in San Mateo County CA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, verified worker's compensation and liability insurance, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Some Local Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA Are More Experienced Than Others
The modern era has seen the manufacture of a shortcut product called backerboard intended for do-it-yourselfers and not professional tile contractors, yet it is used by some of the cheapest tile contractors in San Mateo County. However, that leads to inferior tile setting and customers not getting their money's worth.
Experienced tile contractors do tile setting as a craft, and they know the correct adhesives to use based on the type of tile, how to best prepare the surface to be tiled to avoid tile failure, how to waterproof tile the right way, how to lay tile without overly big grout lines, that there are different types of grout that are best based on the particulars of each job, and how to plan the tiling before starting so that it looks balanced based on where it starts and ends, as well as around protruding obstacles.
Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA Perform Numerous Services
Tile contractors aren't mere laborers. Depending on their level of experience, they can usually offer color consultation, design assessments, mosaic design, and appropriate tile grading, which they determine after observing your living style and area traffic.
They calculate all installation details and obtain all materials. But after the initial consultation, capability hinges on their area of expertise, which can be limited.
The best tile contractors in San Mateo County have experience as custom tile installers for residential or larger commercial and institutional tiling jobs. Many are willing to remodel existing tile work or do tile repair in San Mateo County, but other tile contractors restrict themselves to new, non-custom construction projects.
Good tile contractors in San Mateo County perform the compulsory finishing work for these projects too, such as tile re-grouting, caulking, tile waterproofing, and tile sealing. Certain good tile contractors in San Mateo County can even bring aging tiles back to life with crack repair, tile resetting and tile restoration.
And most installers of new tile in San Mateo County aren't limited to tiling for shower stalls. They can often lay tile for the interior or exterior of your home including, decorative borders, tile backsplashes, tile walls, and tile floors. Tile contractors in San Mateo County also perform slab work, slab fabrication, or slab installation. You want your new tiles to be installed to perfection and, as licensed tile contractors, tile installers in San Mateo County are required to follow applicable building codes when they do tile setting.
The Best Tile Contractors in San Mateo County Offer Many Types of Tile Materials
If you want something more than standard ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles, many of the best tile contractors in San Mateo County have new tile showrooms you can visit to peruse their selection of new tile. These tile showrooms usually contain imported or domestic tiles in an array of colors, so don't feel limited to the standards.
Good tile contractors in San Mateo County are known to work with glass tiles, marble tiles, granite tiles, terracotta tiles and travertine, limestone or slate tiles. In some cases, these specialty materials are fabricated by local artisans.
For outdoor settings, such as mosaics or tile patios, tile installers can use flagstone, brick, terracotta, and pavers, as well as any nontraditional new tile of your choice. They might also be able to lay more exotic new tiles like metal tiles, glass tiles and blocks, or even onyx. Tile contractors in San Mateo County can work with nearly any material you desire, so don't feel restricted when making your choices.
Some Local Tile Contractors in San Mateo County Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these tile contractors in San Mateo County: Sigura Construction, Inc Santa Clara CA, Alex's Custom Tile Daly City CA, Color Tile South SF CA, T & L Tile & Marble San Mateo CA, Marble & Ceramic Center South SF CA, Webb Tile Co, Inc. San Mateo CA, Second Generation Tile & Stone, Inc. San Carlos CA, Perri Marble & Tile Alameda CA. Other tile contractors in Redwood City CA that might still be in business include: Patrick Jones Tile San Mateo CA, N D European Tile Co. South San Francisco CA, A B Tile Co San Mateo CA, Coast Tile & Marble Half Moon Bay CA.
Ask These Questions of Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA
When it comes to tile contractors in San Mateo County CA, ask these questions about the experience, methods, and abilities:
• How long have the San Mateo County tile contractors been in business?
• How many tile jobs have the local tile companies completed in San Mateo County CA? (More jobs in your specific area shows greater familiarity with local climate characteristics that effect tile such as humidity.)
• Can the tile contractors prove experience in the exact same kind of tile material or project nature that you have in mind?
• Will the San Mateo County tile contractor give you names and numbers of past customers who had the same kind of cabinets done who you can call as references? (All tile installers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff on your behalf.)
• How long will it take to finish the tiling project once it is begun?
• If you are living or working at the site while the tiling is being done, what preparations will the tile installers take to minimize dust or other mess? Similarly, do the San Mateo County tile contractors clean up at the end of each day and what does that entail?
• Will the tile installers provide a detailed, written estimate that is completely itemized, including the amount of material being quoted both with tile but also the type and amount of grout, the type and amount of waterproofing, including product brand names and item numbers? (This is important because cheap tile contractors in San Mateo County often only seem cheap because they are using lower quality material that will cost you more in repairs and premature replacement.)
• Do the San Mateo County tile companies see an obvious change you could make to your specifications that would significantly lower the cost of the estimate, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Similarly, do the tilers see a big gain in performance or visual appeal that can be gained for just a little bit more money?
• Does the tile contractor have a showroom where you can see different samples of materials and finishes? If not, will the cabinet contractor accompany you to a tile showroom to do that, or bring multiple samples to your home?
• Does the tiling installer give a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty? If so, what does it cover and for what time period?
• Will the local tile companies and professional tiling contractors provide a written contract based on the itemized estimate?
• Can the San Mateo County tile contractor vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All tile contractors in San Mateo County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will the tile companies in San Mateo County show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All tile contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Does the local tile contractor use only their own employees for the tile setting, or do they hire subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those companies so you can research them?
When you've chosen the best tile contractors in San Mateo County CA for you, make sure they are actively licensed as contractors by the state of California as required by law, if they are to perform as tile installers, such as with the C54 license specifically for tile setters. (All tile contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff.)
Tips on Tile Contractors in San Mateo County
Take Time Choosing The Tile Contractors in San Mateo County
Don't hire the first tile tile contractors that answer the phone. It's best to take some time to investigate several options throughout San Mateo County before your jump into a contract. With options, you're more likely to end up with tile contractors that create a finished tiling job that you are proud to display in your home.
Write A Description of the Tiling Job for the Tile Installers
You should write up a description of your work that outlines your basic requirements, as well as any special details you would like.
This includes the kind of new tile you want installed. When tile contractors you contact in San Mateo County see the same list of requests, you can be sure the resulting estimates are also based on the same criteria. Then you can better judge which tile contractors give you the best responses to your consistent description.
Get Several Separate Estimates for the Kitchen Tile or Bathroom Tile Work
The only way to get a good idea of your options is to acquire several estimates from different San Mateo County tile contractors. An estimate gives you more than a price range, it gives you insight into a tile contractor's attitude towards his job and his clients. A more detailed estimate indicates a greater level of skill and dedication to attentive completion of your tile work.
Hire Good Tile Contractors Whose Style is Compatible with Yours
The best tile contractors do more than simple labor. Experience as tile installers has armed them with a sense of color, style, and appropriate finishes, sizes and grades. If you haven't already designed what you'd like, good tile installers can guide you through the tile design process, so choose a professional who can interpret your sense of style and contribute helpful input.
Get Everything in Writing from the San Mateo County Tile Installation Professionals
A good tile contracting job is thoroughly notated. Insist the tile contractors of your choice provide you with a written description of the tiling work, pricing and time frame for completion.
Check Credentials Before You Sign An Agreement with a Local Tiling Company
For any tile work you contract for in San Mateo County, be sure to verify contractor licensing, workers' compensation and liability insurance.
Stay In the Know While Your Tiling Contractor is On the Job
If you want a tile job to go as smoothly as possible, you should check in with your tile installers and contractor often. Make yourself available to him as well. You should both be able to regularly inform one another about problems, delays, or changes.
Agree In Advance To Evaluate the Finished Tiling Product
After the bathroom tile or kitchen tile is completed, compare the specifications of the detailed agreement to the finished tile work. Insist the most senior tiling contractor is with you so that you can point out any requests that haven't been fulfilled.
Know Your Rights as a Customer of San Mateo County Tile Contractors
Consumers are protected by special rights in the event of a business/patron conflict. These laws vary with region. Since you're dealing with tile contractors in San Mateo County, including Redwood City CA, you can read about these rights at the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
The Best Tile Contractors in San Mateo County Use Good Tile Brands
The following brands are available for use by tile contractors in San Mateo County: Bellazura, Ceramica, Donovan tiles, Gnosis, Gooseneck, Hakatai, Hastings, GranitiFiandre, McIntyre, Sheldon, SprectaDecor, Sonoma Cast Stone, Milestone, TerryTiles, World Wide Stones, Pyrolave, Mosaico, Neo-Metro, and Rocky Mountain.
Resources About Tile Contractors in San Mateo County
Licensing & Trade Associations for Tile Contractors in San Mateo County CA
BBB Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.com/)
CSLB Contractors State Licensing Board (http://www.cslb.ca.gov/)
CTIOA Ceramic Tile Institute of America (http://www.ctioa.org/)
CTSA Ceramic Tile & Stone Association (http://www.tile-stoneassn.org/)
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs (www.dca.ca.gov)
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
NTCA National Tile Contractors Association (http://www.tile-assn.com/)
NTMA National Terrazzo and Mosaic Association (http://www.ntma.com/)
TCAA Tile Contractors Association of America (http://www.tcaainc.org/)
Media & Web Resources About New Tile and Tile Installation in San Mateo County
Tile Dealer Magazine
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Local Tile Contractors in San Mateo County within the following zip codes:
94017, 94016, 94011, 94083, 94064, 94037, 94026, 94018, 94027, 94019, 94060, 94128, 94404, 94044, 94070, 94062, 94038, 94098, 94014, 94030, 94096, 94080, 94010, 94028, 94066, 94403, 94015, 94025, 94065, 94402, 94005, 94021, 94063, 94401, 94002, 94020, 94061 and 94074
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Tile Installers in San Mateo County within the following cities:
Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Broadmoor Village, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Emerald Hills, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, La Honda, Loma Mar, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Moss Beach, Pacifica, Palomar Park, Pescadero, Portola Valley, Princeton by the Sea, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Gregorio, San Mateo, Sharp Park, South SF, West Menlo Park, Woodside, El Granada and Montara