The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Companies for fire protection in Olympia Washington bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are those fire protection contractors who have exceeded the minimum Washington state regulatory standard. They are the ones proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for reliability and value, carry liability insurance as protection for you the customer, who use only employees legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them for fire protection in Olympia WA, including fire sprinklers, fire alarms, fireproofing, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers and fire extinguisher recharging.
Updated November 04, 2016
The Best Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Washington State requires fire protection contractors in Olympia WA to be licensed by the state with a Certificate of Competency from the state director of fire protection as a fire protection sprinkler system contractor in order to perform as fire sprinkler installers, inspectors, or do fire sprinkler maintenance services. This requires passing an exam, or instead, showing a certificate of competency from the national institute for certification in engineering technologies reflecting classification as level 3 or 4 in fire protection and automatic sprinkler system layout, or any proof deemed equivalent at the discretion of the state director of fire protection. However only one person in the entire company need have that state required license, so there's no state standard of competency of the employees sent out by a license holder.
And further, the state license for fire sprinklers is no guarantee that any particular fire protection contractor in Olympia WA is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all fire protection companies in Olympia WA who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified state license, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA Perform Numerous Services
There was a time when the only warning of a fire was the smell of smoke. But fire detection devices that were once exclusively available to industrial clients are now available for private residences. There are fire protection contractors who are trained to enhance the safety of your home with these technologically advanced systems.
Fire protection contractors can install a number of features in your home or commercial property to not only warn you of a fire, but protect you from the damage and financial crises that accompany it. To assess the existing fire risks of your property, fire safety contractors perform hydrostatic testing, safety inspections, fire sprinkler testing and maintenance, fire safety surveys, fire alarm testing, fire extinguisher charging, and remote fire sprinkler monitoring.
Fire protection contractors also offer consultations and free estimates for the design and installation of new fire protection systems with features such as U.L. monitoring, 24 hour dispatching, mobile recharging, high pressure pure air, fixed extinguishing systems, and of course, fire alarms. Some of these companies will even obtain all necessary permits for the installation, repair, or sale of your new fire equipment.
Fire Protection Contractors Provide the Necessary Fire Safety Equipment
Fire safety contractors sell and install many OSHA approved products to protect your home from the danger of a fire. Many of the systems offered are custom designed and can include automatic sprinklers, hood systems, fire extinguishers, back pumps, emergency lights, or exit lights. Most fire protection contractors install the basics, like fire alarm systems, carbon monoxide detectors, and sprinkler systems, but may also install specialty systems known as life safety systems. These intricate systems might include spray booth suppression systems, kitchen range extinguishers, high pressure cylinders, and stand pipes. Some fire safety contractors also sell chemical fire extinguishers, fire hoses, and even first aid kits.
Some Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these fire protection contractors in Olympia WA: . Other fire protection contractors in Olympia WA that might still be in business include: .
Questions To Ask Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA
When it comes to hiring good fire protection contractors in Olympia WA, first ask these questions about their experience, abilities, and promises:
• How many other fire prevention systems or fire alarm systems like yours have they installed with regards to material, size, commercial versus residential, wet pipe vesus dry pipe, foam water versus water spray or water mist, etc.?
• How long have they been fire protection contractors in Olympia WA specifically? Greater experience in the specific area suggests more familiarity with local codes and permit requirements.
• Will they give you names and numbers of previous customers for whom they did the same kind of fire protection who you can call? (All fire protection contractors in Olympia WA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they give you their cost estimate in writing, itemized to include the amount of material you're getting, brand names and item numbers? (This is key because cheap fire protection companies in Olympia WA often only seem cheaper by quoting you less material, or lower quality material that will turn out to be more expensive for you later in extra maintenance, or earlier replacement or repairs.)
• Can they recommend a simple change you could make to the specifications that would significantly lower the cost, and if so, what would you be giving up in performance? Likewise, do they see a big gain in performance or appearance that you could get for just a little bit more money?
• Are there manufacturer warranties on any of the materials to be used and what are those terms?
• Will they give you a written guarantee on their labor, aside from any manufacturer's warranty? If so, what does it cover exactly and for how long after the installation?
• How long will it take them to complete the project once they begin?
• Do they have a showroom where you can look at samples of different finishes, appearances, styles, or materials? If not, will they bring you samples or go with you to a supply store to do this?
• Will they put in writing that the new fire protection or fire sprinkler system meets the local building code ordinances of your community?
• Will a permit be needed for the new fire sprinklers or fire alarm system? If so, who goes and gets the permits, you or the fire protection system installers?
• Can they vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All fire protection companies in Olympia WA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will they show you proof of liability insurance and workers' comp? (All fire protection contractors in Olympia WA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do they use only their own permanent employees, or do they use subcontractors, and if so, what are the names of those subcontracted companies so you can research them?
When you've decided on the best fire protection contractors in Olympia WA for you, make sure they have a license from the state since that's required by law. (All fire protection contractors in Olympia WA bearing the Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have already had their state license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Fire Protection in Olympia WA
Associations & Licensing Relevant to Fire Sprinklers, Fire Alarms, Fire Protection in Olympia WA
AFAA Automatic Fire Alarm Association www.afaa.org
AFSA American Fire Sprinkler Association www.sprinklernet.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
FSSA Fire Suppression Systems Association www.fssa.net
IAFSS International Association of Fire Safety Science www.iafss.org
ICC International Code Council www.iccsafe.org
NAFED National Association of Fire Equipment Distributors www.nafed.org
NASFM National Association of State Fire Marshals www.firemarshals.org
NFSA National Fire Sprinkler Association www.nfsa.org
SFPE Society of Fire Protection Engineers www.sfpe.org
Washington Office of the State Fire Marshal www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/firemars.htm
WSCFF Washington State Council of Fire Fighters www.wscff.org
WSFFA Washington State Fire Fighters' Association www.wsffa.org
WCFA Washington Contract Firefighters Association www.wcfafirefighters.org
WFCA Washington Fire Chiefs Association www.washingtonfirechiefs.com
WSAFM Washington State Association of Fire Marshals www.wsafm.com
Media & Web Publications
Fire Apparatus Magazine www.fireapparatusmagazine.com
Fire Chief Magazine www.firechief.com
Firehouse Magazine www.firehouse.com/magazine
Fire Protection Association Journal
Fire Protection Contractor Magazine www.fpcmag.com
Fire Protection Engineering Magazine www.magazine.sfpe.org
Fire Protection Magazine
Industrial Fire World Magazine
International Fire Protection Magazine www.ifpmag.mdmpublishing.com
Journal of Fire Protection Magazine www.jfe.sagepub.com
Fire Safety Journal www.journals.elsevier.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection Contractors in Olympia WA within the following zip codes:
98511, 98540, 98501, 98597, 98509, 98532, 98589, 98508, 98531, 98579, 98507, 98516, 98576, 98506, 98513, 98568, 98503, 98512, 98556 and 98502
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Fire Protection in Olympia WA within the following cities:
Grand Mound, Lacey, North Yelm, Olympia, Rainier, Tanglewilde, Tenino, Tumwater, Yelm and Thurston South