How to Find the Best Wallpaper Hangers in Ventura County CA
Wallpaper is an option to cover and decorate the walls of offices, homes, apartments, condos, and commercial buildings that offers advantages over paint. Some local wallpaper hangers in Ventura County also install textile wallpaper, and other wallcovering materials.
The following research by The Prime Buyer's Report lists the best wallcovering contractors in Ventura County CA and issues related to hiring them.
Updated January 17, 2019
How to Find the Best Wallpaper Hangers in Ventura County CA
Wallcovering contractors and wallpaper hangers in Ventura County are required to be licensed by the state for your protection. In fact, the D29 license is specifically for paperhanging services and application of other decorative wall coverings including paper and vinyl, cork, burlap and carpet-type wall coverings.
If a Ventura County wallpaper installer has employees, the company is legally required to have workers' compensation insurance to protect you, the customer, from being sued if an injury occurs during work performed at your property.
Wallpaper hangers in Oxnard CA and throughout Ventura County are not required by law to have general liability insurance; however, all wallpaper hangers bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten designation have general liability insurance coverage to reimburse you in the event of any damages. Certified companies have also passed all other requirements for certification as Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten, such as our research phone calls to their previous customers, pledging to hire only documented workers, verified license and workers' comp insurance, clean complaint record, and more.
Why New Wallpaper?
Wallpaper and other decorative wall coverings offer certain patterns, prints, and textures that can make rooms feel cozier or seem bigger than they really are.
New wallpaper can also be a more expressive reflection of your personality, cover flaws in the wall that paint wouldn't, protect the wall from surface marks, and add richness or sense of interest to a room that otherwise has no built-in architectural features.
Some wall papers are designed to create a certain look, like with vintage wallpapers, bold wallpaper patterns, or statement wallpaper applications. Other types of wallpaper applications achieve a desired function, such as acoustical wall carpets to reduce sound. Temporary wallpaper and removable wallpaper are good options for individuals who are renting apartments, living in temporary homes, or who want to test out a wallpaper before having one permanently applied.
New wallpaper can completely change the appearance and feel of a room. In fact, from luxury homes and condos in Ventura County to rental units, wallpaper can customize a space and make you feel more at home.
Why Hire a Wallpaper Hanger?
Wallpapering properly is not as easy as some might think, and it can be very frustrating to attempt on your own and with lackluster results. Good wallpaper hangers in Ventura County are experienced, licensed contractors that complete the job faster and with a better-looking finished product than most homeowners can achieve on their own.
And because they've seen and done so many wallpaper projects already, most local wallpaper hangers in Ventura County and the surrounding area can provide you with options in materials, textures and patterns that you didn't know existed, as well as tell you the latest trends in the installation of new wallpaper in Ventura County that they've been called on to do most recently.
These wallpaper hangers are also your guide in how long each kind of wallpaper product will last, what kind of cleaning each kind can withstand or might need, and the best kind of new wallpaper for your exact situation such as for an active family with kids versus immediate sale of a home, etc.
The Best Wallpaper Hangers Do Proper Preparation
For the best wallpaper installations, the surface to be wallpapered must be prepared for the new wallpaper to adhere well and evenly. Proper preparation includes fixing defects in the drywall and complete removal of loose material or previous adhesives. For better results with thin wallpapers, the wall can first be papered with lining paper to achieve a smoother finish and more durable application.
How Much Does New Wallpaper Cost?
The cost of new wallpaper varies widely depending on the type being used. A written quote from Ventura County wallpaper hangers should include the total number of hours of prep work that will be done, what the preparation work will include, and the exact type, brand, and amount of wallpaper or wallcovering being proposed.
This is key because cheap wallpaper hangers in Ventura County often only seem cheaper because they're quoting a less expensive material that won't perform well or are skimping on the labor to prep the wall properly before wallpapering.
Types of Wallpaper Materials
Vinyl Coated Wallpaper - Vinyl coated paper is the most common and lowest priced. It's wallpaper with a coating of vinyl to make it easier to clean, and less affected by humidity or dirt. Often recommended for humid rooms like bathrooms, or places it's more likely to get soiled, such as a kitchen.
Coated Fabric Wallpaper - Solid vinyl with a cloth backing often found as commercial wallcoverings. Since cloth backed vinyl is a fabric wallcovering coated with vinyl, it's usually not recommended for places exposed to moisture/humidity or dirt and other contaminants.
Removable Wallpaper / Temporary Wallpaper - Temporary and removable wallpapers are those that are meant to serve as a temporary wallcovering in apartments, dorm rooms, and other places where permanent wallpaper isn't allowed. While some can be applied by the resident, professional wallpaper hangers in Ventura County and the surrounding area can provide wallpaper application services for a more polished, beautiful result.
Solid Sheet Vinyl / Paper Backed Vinyl - Wallcovering with a decorative vinyl surface. Suitable for humid climates or rooms, easily cleaned, and easy to peel off the wall when removal is desired. It's more difficult to hang than the more common vinyl coated wallpaper and comes in wider widths.
Foil Wallpaper - Usually has a paper backing and can sometimes be found in rolls up to three feet wide. Foil wallpaper is also more difficult to hang than standard vinyl coated wallpaper.
Textile Wallpapers - These can include surfaces such as linen, silk, grass cloth, rattan, stings, straw, leaves and more.
Some Wallpaper Hangers in Ventura County Are A Better Value Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these hangers of wallpaper in Ventura County CA: Werner's Wallcovering Ventura CA, Rick Pizzano Professional Wallcovering Installation Simi Valley CA, Somogyi Wallpapering Simi Valley CA, Guyette's Wallpapering Newbury Park CA, McConnell Wallpaper Hanging Oak View CA, Dean York Wallcoverings Ojai CA. Other companies hanging wallpaper in Oxnard CA and the rest of the area that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Wallpaper Hangers in Oxnard CA
When it comes to new wallpaper in Ventura County CA, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of local wallpaper hangers you're considering hiring:
• How long have the wallpaper contractors been installing wallpaper in Ventura County?
• How many installations have the wallpaper contractors done similar to yours, in terms of size of job, new home versus historic, commercial wallpaper versus residential, etc.?
• How much practical experience does the local wallpaper hanger or wallcovering contractor have with the specific material you intend to use, such as vinyl coated wallpaper versus coated fabric wallpaper, fabric backed vinyl wallpaper, etc? Different metals require different experience, techniques and tools.
• What is the wallpaper companies' method of preparation before wallpapering services, and how many hours will it take? Will they also remove old wallpaper and adhesives as part of the bid, or will they charge extra for that service? This is key because cheap wallpaper hangers in Ventura County often only appear to have a cheaper bid because they skimp on this step, leading to wallpaper that doesn't adhere well or smoothly. Others aren't up front about their fee structure for removal of old wallpaper, and the job can end up costing much more than expected.
• Will the Ventura County wallpaper hangers provide a detailed written estimate that includes the total hours of prep work for new wallpapering, and the exact brand and grade of wallpaper being quoted?
• Can the wallpaper contractors give you names and numbers of clients who had a similar kind of wallpapering done who you can call as references? (All wallpaper hangers bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their customer references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report.)
• How will the wallcovering contractor determine pricing?
• Can the wallpaper hanger vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All wall paper hangers in Ventura County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Does the wallpaper hanger have active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All wallcovering contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their proof of insurance verified by our research staff, so you don't have to.)
• Does the wallpaper hanger provide a written warranty for labor and materials?
When you've chosen the best wallpaper hangers in Ventura County for your specific needs, make sure they are properly licensed by the State of California. (All wallcovering contractors bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their license verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Wallpaper in Ventura County CA
The following is a list of trade associations and publications relevant to new wallpaper and wallpaper hanging services in Oxnard CA and throughout Ventura County.
Regulatory Bodies & Trade Associations for Wallcovering Contractors in Ventura County CA
CSLB Contractors State License Board
DCA California Department of Consumer Affairs
NGPP (National Guild of Professional Paperhangers) www.ngpp.org
WA (Wallcoverings Association) www.wallcoverings.org
American School of Paperhanging Arts www.paperhanging.com
International Association of the Wallpaper Trade www.igiwallcoverings.org
Publications Relevant to New Wallpapering in Ventura County
Wallpaper Magazine www.wallpaper.com
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Wallpaper Hangers in Ventura County within the following zip codes:
93021, 93034, 93060, 93099, 93020, 93033, 93044, 93094, 93016, 93032, 93043, 93066, 93015, 93031, 93042, 93065, 93012, 93030, 93041, 93064, 93011, 93024, 93040, 93063, 93010, 93023, 93036, 93062, 93009, 93022, 93035, 93061, 93007, 93006, 93005, 93004, 93003, 93002, 93001, 91361, 91360, 91359, 91358, 91320, 91319 and 91362
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Wallcovering Contractors in Ventura County within the following cities:
Camarillo, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Channel Islands Beach, El Rio, Fillmore, Moorpark, Simi Valley, Ojai, Santa Paula, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Casa Conejo, Newbury Park, Oak Park and Westlake Village CA