The Best Remodelers in Douglas County CO Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are the commercial or home remodelers that have exceeded the minimum Colorado state, county, or city regulatory standard. They are those proven by our independent research to have passed the Top Ten requirements for competency and value, that carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as commercial or home remodelers in Douglas County CO, including home improvement companies and home repair services.
Updated February 27, 2020
The Best Remodelers in Douglas County CO Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Colorado doesn't require any state license of commercial remodelers or home remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO, instead leaving it up to the cities, and for unincorporated areas, the county as to whether or not the industry is regulated, so there is no state standard for competency among remodeling companies in Douglas County CO.
But even a city or county license, if required, is no guarantee that any particular commercial remodeler or home improvement company in Douglas County CO is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all commercial or home remodelers in Douglas County CO who bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified county or city license (where applicable), verified liablity and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Signs of the Best Remodelers in Douglas County CO:
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE WITH REMODELS
A remodeling project, whether home improvement or commercial remodeling, is often more complex than building from scratch. First, the remodeling contractor has to work within the limitations or peculiarities of the existing structure. Second, it's common for surprises to come up during the remodel, because some things can't be known until walls or ceilings are opened, floors taken up, etc. exposing hidden factors. The best remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO are those with the experience to foresee these possibilities and the honesty to explain them to you at the outset, particularly, how it can affect the final cost of the remodel.
Respect and consideration for the customer are also hallmarks of good remodeling contractors since remodels often require work done while the customer is working or living in the space. For this reason, communicating their expected work schedule to you all along the way, keeping to it, or giving you notice on occasions where they can't, are all characteristics of the best remodeling contractors. Some remodelers in Douglas County will even bring portable toilets for the use of the crew to avoid their use of your washroom (or your bushes). A customer living on site during a home remodeling proejct should expect some inconvience during the project, but again, respectful remodeling contractors will keep the potential inconvience to the minimum possible.
Attention to keeping the work site as neat as possible throughout, and cleaning thoroughly at the end of each day, like vacuuming dust and putting materials away, are behaviors that set some remodeling contractors far above the rest and result in much higher customer satisfaction with the finished project.
Home remodelers should know their crew well and be able to vouch for them as trustworthy especially when that crew has access to your home or family.
Of course attention to detail is important for quality work, but detail is critical right from the beginning with the cost proposal they prepare for you. Such a bid should detail the exact brands, fixtures, types of materials and amounts of each. If not, the bid might be quoting only the cheapest options so that later when you find out once the project is underway and you request better substitutions, the cost goes up. So good remodelers will go over those options with you before submitting a written proposal, and include your specific choices, and their costs, in the written bid.
Home Remodelers in Douglas County CO Add Value
Remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO perform many aspects of home repair or specialized home remodeling. A straightforward way to add value to your home is to remodel areas where dated technology and style are most glaring.
Not only are home improvement companies in Douglas County CO able to make an existing space appear larger, they can also create space by shifting square footage to one room from another or by doing a home addition. Finishing a basement is a great way to get extra living space without a home addition, or perhaps a wine cellar.
Other home remodeling contractors specialize in just certain aspects of home improvement like carports and patio covers, sunrooms and screen rooms in Douglas County. But even contractors building patio covers or sun rooms in Douglas County must be fully competent state-licensed contractors.
Whether it's a big family room with a new fireplace or a new guest room, office, granny unit, garage, sunroom, patio cover, patio enclosure, screen room, carport, wine cellar, second story addition, or even a complete reconstruction of an older house, use the above list of home remodeling companies in Douglas County proven through independent research as safer, more reliable, and who provide more value.
Added Value From Basement Finishing by Basement Remodelers in Douglas County CO
Many homeowners have gotten additional value and a higher quality of life from their home with basement finishing in Douglas County CO done by experienced basement remodeling contractors. It's an immediate increase in living space often for less cost than a home addition.
But the basement remodelers in Douglas County CO must be experienced with the specifics to basement finishing, such as moisture control, checking floor joists, proper and safe ventilation, and what it will take to get a basement remodeling project to conform to local building codes for a space that is often starts as non-conforming. The best basement remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO will be able to show you previous finished basement remodeling projects.
Increased Popularity of Patio Enclosures, Sunrooms & Patio Covers in Douglas County CO
Changes to more comfortably enjoy your outdoor space or to bring facets of the outdoors to an inside space are increasing in popularity. Patio cover companies and sunroom contractors in Douglas County are frequent choice.
A sunroom, sun lounge, sun porch or sun parlor is a portion of the home providing enjoyment of the sun and the view while avoiding adverse weather such as wind and rain.
Sun rooms also are known by the terms patio room, solarium, conservatory, patio enclosure or Florida room. Some are designed with the view as the priority, others are intended to collect sunlight for light and warmth.
Patio enclosures and patio covers are another option. Patio cover companies build a roof with supports to cover a patio. Patio covers provide protection from rain and shade. If such an area is also surrounded by screens, it may be referred to as a screen room.
Some Home Remodeling Contractors in Douglas County CO Are Better Than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these remodeling contractors in Douglas County: Mauck Building & Remodeling Castle Rock CO, We Care Home Repair Inc Castle Rock CO, Mamos Remodeling & Custom Franktown CO, Lewellen Home Improvement Larkspur CO, Rod Vahling Custom Remodel Inc Lone Tree CO, Peregrine Renovations LLC Highlands Ranch CO, Aspen Home Improvements Highlands Ranch CO, Harder Remodeling Highlands Ranch CO. Other home remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Remodelers in Douglas County CO
When choosing which remodeling contractors in Douglas County CO to hire, ask these questions about their experience, range of services, and procedures before hiring them:
• Do they specialize in the type of home remodel work you've described? The particular expertise needed to build a sunroom or screen enclosed patio can be different than that for finishing a basement or adding a room on your house.
• Can they provide some examples of work similar to what you're asking for that they've completed?
• Can the remodelers give you names and numbers of clients that you can call as references? (All remodeling companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had their client references called by research staff at The Prime Buyer's Report so you don't have to.)
• What is project time frame from estimate to completion?
• Do they carry workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All remodelers in Douglas County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Will they provide a written estimate with complete detail of the exact brands, items including project numbers, fixtures, types of materials and amount to be used? (This is key because the cheapest remodeling companies often only seem cheapest because they have bid on the lowest cost options which you will either be unhappy with, or request be changed during the project, leading to an increase in cost.)
• Can they demonstrate to you that all their workers sent to your property are legally allowed to work in the U.S.? (All remodelers in Douglas County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• What type of warranty will the home remodeling contractors provide? What aspects of the home addition or renovation does it cover exactly?
• Will permits be needed for the home remodeling? If so, who will be responsible for getting the remodeling permits?
• Do the remodeling companies have their own employees do the home remodel or do they hire subcontractors? If so, what are the names of those companies?
• How long have they been in business?
• How often and when do the home remodelers and addition builders clean up throughout a home renovation or addition project?
• What procedures do they use to minimize the impact the remodeling has on the rest of your living space, i.e. dust, etc?
• How will they communicate to you their expected schedule to be on-site, and how often?
• Will the home improvement remodelers provide written contracts for their remodeling projects?
• What processes do they use to price the project?
• Can they foresee any potential surprises that might occur in the middle of the project due to what they learn about the existing structure or materials, and by how much exactly might that affect the total cost?
When you've chosen the best remodeling company in Douglas County CO for your specific needs and priorities, make sure they are licensed by the county if legally required since the state of Colorado doesn't require any state license of remodeling contractors. (All remodeling companies in Douglas County bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had a county license verified, if legally required, by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Home Remodeling Contractors in Douglas County CO
Licensing & Trade Associations Related to Remodelers in Douglas County
ABC Associated Builders and Contractors www.abc.org
ASA American Subcontractors Association www.assaonline.com
CARE Colorado Awards for Remodeling Excellence www.thecareawards.com
NARI National Association of the Remodeling Industry www.nari.org
Media & Web Resources for Remodelers in Douglas County
Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
Home & Design
Interiors and Sources
New Old House
Old House Journal
Professional Remodeler Magazine
This Old House
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Remodeling Contractors in Douglas County CO within the following zip codes:
80118, 80138, 80116, 80135, 80109, 80134, 80108, 80131, 80104, 80130, 80129, 80126-2, 80124-2 and 80163
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Remodelers in Douglas County Colorado within the following cities:
Acres Green, Castle Pines, Castle Pines North, Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Meridian, Parker, Perry Park, Roxborough Park, Stonegate, Pinery, Carriage Club, Cottonwood, Heritage Hills and Castle Pines Village