The Best Earthwork Contractors in Austin TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Excavators and earthwork contractors in Austin TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report TOP 10 symbol are the grading contractors and earthmovers proven by our independent research to have passed the TOP 10 requirements for competency and value, carry liability insurance for your protection, who use only employees verified legal to work in the U.S., and for whom our staff has called previous customers to verify high satisfaction with them as excavation contractors in Austin TX including for dirt removal, trenching, earthmovers, grading, landclearing, backfilling and more.
Updated January 01, 2017
The Best Earthwork Contractors in Austin TX Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
The state of Texas doesn't require any state license of earthmovers, trenchers, and excavators in Austin TX, so there is no state standard for competency for excavation or grading contractors in Austin TX.
So there's no guarantee that any particular earthwork contractor in Austin TX is even competent, is doing business ethically, delivering value, or satisfying customers.
This makes it all the more significant that all all contractors doing grading or excavating in Austin TX who bear The Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report-TOP 10 status such as survey phone calls to previous customers to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified liablity and workers comp insurance for your protection, only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
Excavation vs Trench
Excavation is often defined as any man-made cavity, trench, cut, or depression formed by earth removal. This includes excavations for anything from cellars to highways, dirt removal to landslide repair.
A trench is formally defined as a narrow underground excavation that is deeper than it is wide, and no wider than 15 feet.
No matter how many shoring, trenching, and backfilling jobs an excavator or grading contractor in Austin TX has done in the past, they must approach each new job with complete preparation and care, and the success of excavation work is dependent upon thorough planning. When a trenching contractor waits until after the work has started to correct mistakes in shoring or sloping, it slows down the project, adds to the cost, and increases the chance of a cave-in or other excavation failure.
Before preparing a bid, excavation & earthwork contractors should be learning as much as possible about your property site and the materials needed to perform the work safely. Things they should be assessing on your job site prior to submitting a bid include utility lines both overhead and underground, weather, location of the water table, surface and ground water, soil conditions, traffic, and proximity of nearby structures. A trenching contractor who prepares a bid without this full assessment is more likely to charge you for cost overruns or miss your deadline.
To make that assessment, the trench contractor should be doing a jobsite study, observations, test borings for soil type or soil condition, and consultations with local officials and utility companies. Failure to do so means the excavator is unlikely to correctly determine the right cost and equipment necessary to do your project safely and on time.
Some Earthwork Contractors in Austin TX Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these contractors for earthwork in Austin TX: . Other earthwork contractors in Austin TX that might still be in business include: .
Questions to Ask Earthmovers in Austin TX
When it comes to earth moving, excavation, trenching, and grading contractors in Austin TX, ask these questions about the abilities, experience, and credentials of the trenching or residential excavators you're considering hiring:
• How long have they been trenching or earthmovers in Austin TX?
• How many other earthmoving or excavation projects have they done specifically in Austin, indicating how familiar or not they are with your local agencies, utilities, soil conditions, water table, and weather.
• Will the excavation companies give you names and numbers of previous customers who you can call as references? (All earth moving contractors in Austin TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had their customer references called by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• Do the earth moving companies have experience in the same kind of project as yours, such as residential versus commercial earth moving or grading?
• How does the earthwork and grading company determine pricing?
• Can the graders and excavators vouch that all their employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All excavation companies in Austin TX bearing The Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already signed an agreement to only hire documented workers.)
• Will the earth mover show you proof of active workers' compensation and liability insurance? (All earth moving companies in Austin TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already had proof of insurance verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
• In preparation for a written bid for your evaluation, what process will the excavator undertake to do a thorough assessment of the site, including soil conditions, local agencies, traffic, and more?
• Does the excavator provide written warranties for their labor? For how long and what does it cover?
• What happens if the excavator encounters toxic substances in the soil? Are they licensed and qualified to do remediation, or will you have to hire an outside company?
• How will the trenching company handle cost overruns due to inadequate planning? Do they guarantee to absorb any such costs or will they expect you to?
• Does the excavation company give any kind of guarantee of completion by your deadline date?
• How well do the excavators know their crews? Do they personally hire and train their crews, or do they bring them in from the outside on a project-by-project basis?
• How often and when do the excavators clean up your job site?
• If the excavation project is residential, will you have access to your home during the project?
When you've chosen the best excavation contractor in Austin TX for your needs make sure they have a good complaint record. (All excavation contractors in Austin TX bearing the Prime Buyer's Report - TOP 10 symbol have already a good complaint record verified by our research staff so you don't have to.)
Resources About Excavation & Grading in Austin TX
The following is a list of trade associations and publications relevant to earthwork contractors in Austin TX.
Associations & Licensing for Earthwork & Excavators in Austin TX
ARTBA (American Road & Transportation Builders Association)
LICA (Land Improvement Contractors of America)
APWA (American Public Works Association)
CUIRE (Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education)
Common Ground Alliance
ISP (Infrastructure Security Partnership)
NASTT (North American Society for Trenchless Technologies)
UULLA (Underground utility and Leak Locators Association)
Publications Related to Excavation & Grading Contractors in Austin TX
Grading & Excavation Contractor Magazine
Better Roads Magazine
Compact Equipment Magazine
ENR California Magazine
Equipment World Magazine
RAI Magazine (Rebuilding Americas Infrastructure Magazine)
Site Prep Magazine
Tunnel Business Magazine
If you are looking for earthmoving, grading services or excavators The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Earthwork Contractors in Austin TX within the following zip codes:
78720, 78728, 78736, 78746, 78754, 78762, 78641, 78701, 78712, 78719, 78727, 78735, 78745, 78753, 78761, 78621, 78691, 78711, 78718, 78726, 78734, 78744, 78752, 78760, 78768, 78617, 78669, 78709, 78717, 78725, 78733, 78742, 78751, 78759, 78767, 78660, 78708, 78716, 78724, 78732, 78741, 78750, 78758, 78766, 78654, 78705, 78715, 78723, 78731, 78739, 78749, 78757, 78765, 78653, 78704, 78722, 78730, 78738, 78748, 78756, 78764, 78652, 78703, 78714, 78721, 78729, 78737, 78747, 78755, 78763, 78645, 78702, 78713 and 78610
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the TOP 10 Earthwork Contractors in Austin TX within the following cities:
Austin, Barton Creek, Bee Cave, Briarcliff, Elgin, Garfield, Hornsby Bend, Hudson Bend, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Lakeway, Lost Creek, Manchaca, Manor, Pflugerville, Point Venture, Rollingwood, Shady Hollow, Sunset Valley, Hills, Wells Branch, West Lake Hills, Windemere, Anderson Mill, Onion Creek, Del Valle and McNeil