The Best Janitorial Companies in Sonoma County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
Janitorial companies in Sonoma County CA bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol are local office cleaning and building maintenance companies verified by our independent research to have met the Top Ten requirements for value and reliability, carry liability insurance as protection their clients, hire only documented janitorial staff, and for whom our staff has called previous clients to verify high satisfaction with their janitorial cleaning services in Sonoma County CA, including residential building maintenance for commercial buildings, stores, apartment buildings, HOAs, and condo associations.
Updated December 05, 2018
The Best Janitorial Companies in Sonoma County CA Are the Ones Proven Safe To Hire
All janitorial companies in Sonoma County CA that bear The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have been cleared by our research staff as passing all the requirements for Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten status, such as survey phone calls to clients to verify high satisfaction, good complaint record, verified worker's comp and liability insurance, hiring only employees legal to work in the U.S., and more.
There are many benefits to letting someone outside your company do the office cleaning. Along with clean offices you'll be proud of, local janitors save you money by giving professional service you can rely on and that make a better impression on your potential clients, and it can keep your staff happy and productive.
However, who you hire matters. Cheap janitorial companies in Sonoma County may plague you with inconsistency and low quality, costing you more in the long run in lost customers or low morale of your staff. So, as with other types of companies, it's important that you hire based on value, reliability, and quality.
Benefits of Hiring Local Janitors in Sonoma County CA
For most businesses it doesn't make sense to hire full-time employees to provide janitorial or office cleaning. Instead, you can save money and time by hiring for professional office cleaning services. Hiring an outside janitorial company avoids the cost of employment taxes, training, management time, and benefits of hiring full time staff to perform commercial cleaning. Additionally, you are almost assured better results by hiring a local janitorial firm that offers experience, quality, and the exact list of services your company needs.
The best janitorial companies in Sonoma County CA dispose of waste safely and legally and make your office cleaner and healthier. Some custodial maintenance companies also offer additional services, such as locking up offices at night before daily office cleaning begins or opening up businesses in the morning after night cleaning services. Some might also handle the recyclable items of your office trash, provided you've segregated it into separate recycling bins first for the office trash collection people who will be servicing your account. Others provide porter services, emergency cleaning, and other specific janitorial tasks at the time they're needed.
Good commercial cleaning companies in Sonoma County CA provide cleaning as frequently as you need. Whether your office requires daily, weekly, or seasonal maintenance, good janitorial companies should be able to work around your schedule.
Be sure to find out up front what office cleaning services they will and will not perform. This way there are no disappointments if you expect one company to handle all tasks, including office cleaning, office vacuuming, floor waxing, and janitorial maintenance. It's not uncommon to have to hire more than one commercial cleaning company to have all of your needs meet, so find out if each one you talk to will perform all of these for you for the quoted price. If you have to hire two or more companies to get the right arrangement of services, you should also verify that the companies are willing and able to coordinate their services and work well alongside each other.
Differences Between Janitorial Franchises and Local Commercial Cleaning Companies
Some janitorial service franchises working in Sonoma County market themselves locally but are headquartered elsewhere. Local individuals pay the national franchise for the rights to use their national brand name, trademark, and sometimes even to acquire existing local customers. So if you pick janitorial services based on brand name recognition, know that if it's a franchise, that national franchise could be less involved in overseeing the quality of its franchise holders, meaning you could get less than you bargained for.
Other times, a national franchise does the marketing to get you as a customer but then farms out your contract (subcontracts) to a small janitorial company that's actually located in Sonoma County.
So keep in mind the following tips when you're reviewing janitorial bidding and contracts from commercial cleaning companies:
• Many cleaning franchises are not actually located in Sonoma County. Instead, they are sales offices that then farm out contracts to smaller janitorial businesses in Sonoma County. So if you hire a national company, your business may actually be cleaned by smaller subcontractors. These custodians may not have formal janitorial training, and the franchise you've contracted with might not be able to guarantee the safety and reliability of those subcontractors.
• When it comes to client references, national companies that subcontract for office cleaning might not be giving local references to you; that means the customers you talk with may not be getting their office cleaning services from the crews that would be serving you.
• If you have problems or questions regarding your contract, local commercial cleaning services that are owned by national franchises may have to refer you to the corporate office for answers. It might take longer for a resolution of conflicts.
• Large national companies often insist that you agree to long-term contracts, so if you're unhappy with the quality of the janitorial services, you may be stuck with them for a year or more.
• Some franchises have high turnover rates of local owners so that even if you like your office cleaning crew, you might not get serviced by that same local owner for long. Some janitorial contracts also stipulate that when the local franchise is sold to new owners clients have to pay additional fees to that new commercial cleaning company, even if that new company takes over an existing contract, so check the fine print before you sign any contracts.
On the other hand, some people report that hiring a local janitorial maintenance company is a better way to get convenient and affordable service. When you work with locally based companies, you deal with the owners directly. So if you have any questions regarding your contracts, you can get answers faster.
Others who hired janitorial services in Sonoma County report that local owners are able to attend to their needs immediately because of how deeply most local companies care about their reputations. And best of all, some janitorial services have security-screened crews and well-trained custodians who provide good janitorial service at affordable prices.
Want Office Cleaning Companies that Offer Green Janitorial Services?
The best commercial janitorial services in Sonoma County embrace the trend toward green janitorial services by offering the option of green janitorial products and environmentally-friendly supplies. Many of these use Green Seal janitorial products, including EcoLogo and other eco-friendly supplies, biodegradable cleansers, and natural or organic cleaning products. Others use recycled paper products and micro-fiber cloths instead of paper towels to cut down on paper waste.
If Earth-friendly janitorial services are important to you, talk with local commercial cleaning companies and verify whether they can provide the green products and services you're wanting.
Cheap Janitor Services in Sonoma County CA Are Not Always Good Janitorial Companies
Cheap janitorial services in Sonoma County usually don't give the best results. In fact, some customers of cheap janitorial companies in Sonoma County ad cut-rate commercial cleaning companies report that they cut corners or don't provide good, consistent cleaning.
Some of the cheapest might even hire undocumented workers to increase profits. Discount services might seem at first to be a way to save, but it can cost you more in the long run because there are risks to hiring companies who cut corners by hiring undocumented workers or not carrying insurance to protect you. Along with the quality and financial blow you could suffer, hiring companies that rely on undocumented workers could put those workers at risk of abuse, unfairly low pay, or other hazards that go along with working under the table and out of the protection of government and legal agencies.
Janitorial services that hire undocumented workers aren't likely to perform background checks or guarantee the quality or accuracy of their crews. And because janitors often work when businesses are closed, these same undocumented workers might have access to confidential information and expensive office equipment, putting you and your customers at risk.
That's why, while you're looking for someone affordable, it's important to also look for quality.
Some Local Janitorial Services in Sonoma County Are Much Better than Others
The Prime Buyer's Report lists these janitorial services in Sonoma County CA: Altech Building Services, Inc Santa Rosa CA, NeXsentio San Jose CA, Redwood Building Maintenance Petaluma CA, Integrity Construction Maintenance, Inc Sebastopol CA, Clean Solutions Sonoma CA. Other companies doing janitorial cleaning in Santa Rosa CA who might still be in business include: MCC Building Maintenance Petaluma Petaluma CA, Sunshine Cleaning Company Rohnert Park Rohnert Park CA, Moreno Janitorial Services Petaluma Petaluma CA, Environmental Dynamics Building Maintenance Petaluma CA, Universal Building Services & Janitorial Supply Petaluma Petaluma CA, AJ Janitorial Service Santa Rosa CA, Ramfire Building Maintenance Petaluma CA, Optima Building Services Inc Santa Rosa CA, National Building Maintenance Rohnert Park CA, Hakuna Matata Janitorial Services Santa Rosa CA.
Questions To Ask Good Janitorial Services in Sonoma County CA
Ask these questions of local janitorial services in Sonoma County CA about their procedures, billing, structure, and experience:
Describe the Desired Janitorial and Office Cleaning Services to Local Commercial Cleaning Firms
Before you interview janitorial companies, write down the minimum services you require (cleaning bathrooms, office blinds, vacuuming, mopping floors, etc.) and any additional janitorial services you'd like them to perform (sanitizing office desks, business lock-up or opening services, floor waxing or polishing).
Then take notes when talking with local janitorial companies in Santa Rosa and your area. It should become clearer which janitorial services in Sonoma County are best suited to provide the exact office cleaning services or building maintenance services you need.
Questions to Ask Janitors & Commercial Custodians in Sonoma County CA
Before you make a final decision on the best janitors in Sonoma County for you, ask some questions to make sure they can meet your needs. We've prepared the following list of questions about janitorial cleaning to help you make the best decision.
• Do the local janitorial companies provide their own supplies? Or will you need to supply office cleaning products?
• How do they charge for commercial cleaning and janitor services? (By the hour, or contract rates based on the number/frequency of visits?)
• Can the Sonoma County janitors and office cleaning companies give you names and numbers of clients who can serve as references? Are these references clients they have personally serviced rather than ones serviced by the national franchise or other local branches of a national chain? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had client references called by our research staff to verify customer satisfaction.)
• What are the professional backgrounds of the janitorial company owners?
• Are the Sonoma County custodial service owners independent, or are they part of a national franchise?
• How do the local cleaning services handle complaints? If they're a local branch of a national chain, is the local branch able to make decisions? Or will your questions be referred to someone in a corporate office?
• Can the local janitor companies show you proof of general liability insurance and confirm that it will cover you or your business in the event of property damage? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had proof of liability insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Can the janitorial service companies show proof of workers' compensation insurance that will protect you against claims from any custodial service employees that are injured while on your property? (All janitorial companies bearing the Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have already had workers' comp insurance verified by our research staff.)
• Do the Sonoma County commercial cleaning companies give their staff specific training for janitorial office cleaning?
• Do the custodians and janitorial cleaning crews undergo continuing education to improve their office cleaning and janitorial service?
• What is the personnel turnover rate at the Sonoma County cleaning services you're considering? Can they consistently provide the quality of janitorial maintenance you require?
• Is the janitorial company a part-time or full-time business? If the office cleaners only work part time, will they be available when you need them?
• What janitorial cleaning equipment, chemicals and maintenance methods are used? Do you have concerns about fumes, toxicity, or just general environmental friendliness of their products?
• Can the local office cleaning companies offer the use of green commercial cleaning products (eco-friendly)?
• Do the custodial cleaning contractors do walk-throughs to determine cost estimates for new clients?
• How do the Sonoma County office cleaning companies choose employees? What background checks for safety and reliability do they perform on new hires?
• Can the janitorial services in Santa Rosa or near you vouch that all employees sent to your property are legal to work in the U.S.? (All janitorial companies in Sonoma County bearing The Prime Buyer's Report Top Ten symbol have signed an agreement to hire documented workers only.)
• Will the business cleaning companies keep MSDS (material safety data sheets) information at your site for the products they'll be using to do your office cleaning? (OSHA holds you responsible for having that information on site.)
Know Your Options for Hiring Good Office Cleaning Companies in Sonoma County CA
When you're choosing among janitorial services & office cleaning companies in Santa Rosa and throughout Sonoma County, make sure you're getting detailed janitorial bids to enable you to make accurate line-by-line comparisons of what is included or not included by each local office cleaning company. Good commercial cleaning companies will put the details of their commercial cleaning contracts in writing and will provide you with written janitorial service pricing, timing, quality and warranty agreements.
Costs of Janitorial Companies & Office Cleaning in Sonoma County CA
Be wary of commercial janitor services that charge on an hourly basis. Some businesses have even found that some custodial maintenance crews charge low hourly rates for office cleaning and then stretch their time by cleaning slower so they earn more money. However, some honest janitorial cleaning services charge fair hourly rates for special janitorial cleaning assignments or seasonal or occasional custodial cleaning projects. So talk with your commercial cleaning company about their rates, how they're decided, and any guarantees regarding timing or fee overruns.
Some of the best janitorial companies in Santa Rosa offer a wider variety of custodial cleaning and janitorial maintenance services than others, so they are worth paying a higher price for. Employees at the best janitorial companies in Sonoma County have more experience and are seasoned janitors, so even though they don't offer cheap janitorial services, you can get a lot more for your money.
Resources About Sonoma County Janitorial & Office Cleaning in Santa Rosa
Associations Related to Office Cleaning Services & Janitorial in Sonoma County CA
IFMA International Facility Management Association www.ifma.org
IJCSA International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association www.ijcsa.com
GCA Global Cleaning Association www.globalcleaningassociation.com
ICA International Cleaners Association www.internationalclnrs.com
BSCAI Building Service Contractors Association International www.bscai.org
BBB Better Business Bureau www.bbb.com
Diamond Certified www.diamondcertified.org
ISSA International Sanitary Supply Association www.issa.com
AFE Association for Facilities Engineering www.afe.org
BOMA Building Owners and Managers Association www.boma.org
Media Publications Regarding Janitorial Services in Sonoma County
ICS Cleaning Specialist Magazine
Cleaning Business Magazine
Cleaning and Maintenance Management Magazine
Cleaning Business Today
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for Top Ten Janitorial Services in Sonoma County within the following zip codes:
95403, 95421, 94953, 95407, 95439, 95408, 95476, 95492, 95452, 94923, 95431, 94999, 95472, 95406, 94972, 95409, 94922, 95433, 94954, 95450, 95402, 95480, 95448, 95487, 94952, 95430, 94951, 95436, 95471, 95405, 95446, 95497, 95425, 94927, 95465, 94931, 94975, 95404, 95444, 95486, 95412, 95419, 95462, 94928, 94955, 95401, 95442, 95473, 95441 and 95416
The Prime Buyer's Report provides information for the Top Ten Janitorial Companies & Custodial Office Cleaning Services in Sonoma County within the following cities:
Agua Caliente, Alexander Valley, Annapolis, Asti, Bloomfield, Bloomfield, Bodega, Bodega Bay, Cazadero, Cloverdale, Cotati, Fallon, Forestville, Fort Ross, Freestone, Fulton, Geyserville, Glen Ellen, Graton, Guerneville, Guernewood, Healdsburg, Jenner, Kenwood, Lakeville, Larkfield, Monte Rio, Occidental, Penngrove, Petaluma, Rohnert Park, Roseland, Russian River, Russian River Mdws, Salmon Creek, Santa Rosa, Schellville, Sebastopol, Sonoma, Stewarts Point Rancheria, The Geysers, Valley Ford, Windsor, Boyes Hot Springs, Camp Meeker, Duncans Mills, El Verano, Eldridge, Fetters Hot Springs, Rio Nido, Sheridan, The Sea Ranch, Villa Grande, Vineburg, Lytton, Mark West, Temelec and Two Rock